HOTAS Warthog™ Press Release (*CAUTION* Oversized Pics)

Any info on the TARGET software?

I checked TM's Tech Support download page and they have the Warthog HOTAS listed under PC/Joysticks. There are two download possibilities: Software and Manual and right now they both return a "test" screen. So they are apparently ready for it but there is nothing there yet. I expect it might show up here first. (Link - http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=files_faq )

They are still listing "Ready for takeoff" as today but it's after business hours now in France, I think.

• Like 1

WH_Blaster (Larry) :beer:

US Air Force (Retired, 1961-1981)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats seems to be typical fashion with TM, remember 10 years ago with the Cougar?

Things never change just look at our Government. :lol:

I checked TM's Tech Support download page and they have the Warthog HOTAS listed under PC/Joysticks. There are two download possibilities: Software and Manual and right now they both return a "test" screen. So they are apparently ready for it but there is nothing there yet. I expect it might show up here first. (Link - http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=files_faq )

They are still listing "Ready for takeoff" as today but it's after business hours now in France, I think.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

TARGET software and manuals may be available on TM's FTP site:

ftp://ftp.thrustmaster.com/accessories/pc/hotas/software/TARGET/

Not sure if this is the final release although the exe is labeled as an RC. There was one report where the executable would not run on Win7 64-bit but it might be that the SW requires the hardware to be installed. Caveat Emptor! :)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

But Target should also work with Cougar, T16000M and MFD's! I haven't tried it yet, too late today. Manual is really cryptic on some issues:

With certain peripherals such as the HOTAS Cougar, you will have to load a specific program into the Cougar Control Panel to get the most out of its possibilities. In particular you will have to make the RDR CURSOR axes visible.

And that's the only mention of this, program isn't even named. I hope this is some old manual and software, and they will upload more finished version.

I think the video is part of SimHQ's review so they maybe had an advance HOTAS to play with. The review should be out tomorrow or Friday according to SimHQ.

As an aside, TARGET installed with no problem on my Win7 64-bit system and recognized the two TM MFD's I had attached.

I wonder if the delay has anything to do with the strike over there in France? :(

or protest?

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Looking forward to the SimHQ review....but not as much as I am looking forward to UPS bringing mine. C'mon, Thrustmaster, get with the program!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Most of Europe shows 17. November. But I have a bad feeling that they won't make even that (if the US stores show 2. November at best).

SimWare shows October 25, Flightstore the same date and Amazon UK October 29.

Simware product page showed October 22 yesterday, but today they have updated the date and also their main page says:"Available on Oct.25 ! Pre-orders recommended".

Everything indicates it's coming next week.

Let's hope the friggin strike doesn't affect delivery-it's only getting worse.

Actually i find their morale very admirable, politics in austria have passed far worse bull without people as much as batting an eyelid over here.

On a more related note, i guess the first shipments to america are already way out of frances influence. Europe, probably not :cry:

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Let's hope so indeed... I already hate the french :P Especially the dock workers at calais.. (long story short --> they were on strike for something rediculous)

@Sobek: that is true. However, the thing the are striking over is rediculous.. With the life expectancy (spelled correctly?) these days.