Thrustmaster Warthog & Rudder Pedals?

I have on order the Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, since it does not come with rudder pedals I am not sure what to buy. Can someone suggest what would be the most compatible and reliable rudder pedals system to go with this Hotas. It would be great if it has been tested by ED for the A-10C. I am looking for a system that will stay calibrated and won't drift with use. You would have thought that Thrustmaster would have made a high quality digital rudder pedal system to go with the Warthog.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,

Gonzo:)

Edited by Gonzo01

This meets all your requirements and is currently the best "affordable" pedals for flight sims.

Read: http://www.dhs-electronic.de/index2.php?id=215&lng=en

Buy: http://shop.strato.de/epages/219707.sf/en_GB/?ViewObjectID=2831104

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

Thanks Callsign,

I looked at both of these companies and it looks like they are all out of stock. I wonder if their still making them? Does anyone know how I can get Simped's from a company in the United States?

Gonzo

Edited by Gonzo01

Saitek is coming out with new Combat pedals, they are much nicer looking than the saitek pedals that are already available.

They are called Saitek Combat Pedals or soemthing, they have metal foot plates, toe brakes and the usual features of pedals.

Those are the ones I am going to grab when they come out.

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/compedals.html

Thanks Callsign,

I look at both of these companies and it looks like they are all out of stock. I wonder if their still making them? Does anyone know how I can get Simped's from a company in the United States?

Gonzo

I think DHS only sells the Simped's direct from Germany. They most likely just recently went out of stock because of all the Warthog stuff going on. You can email Hoffman and see if he has more being produced.

Saitek is coming out with new Combat pedals, they are much nicer looking than the saitek pedals that are already available.

They are called Saitek Combat Pedals or soemthing, they have metal foot plates, toe brakes and the usual features of pedals.

Those are the ones I am going to grab when they come out.

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/compedals.html

I was also looking into the Saitek combat pedals. I decided to go with the Simped's as they have contact-less Hall effect sensors versus mechanical POTS. Plus the Simped's look like they are spaced apart more aligned with your hips.

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

I will send him an email and see if he replies. Thanks for the idea. Do we know if the new saitek combat pedals are using mechanical pots for sure, if so I diffently do not want to go that route.

They aren't released yet, but I am sure if Saitek had hall sensors they would have advertised it as such. That would have been a big selling point.

It is not clear if Simped's sell to the US. It is only listed for shipping to Germany and United Kingdom and only excepts Paypal as their mode of payment. Anyone know of a company that will sell them in the United States?

Gonzo

Edited by Gonzo01

This is mian,diy for hotas

welly nice!) best is your shoes!)

no, just joking,.. just get into our cockpit section here to show more details pls!)

bR

Scuddy

TM HOTAS WH :joystick:, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR 4, 2xJoyWarrier, 1x KeyWarrior, i52500k @4600MHz, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, NV 670GT, SSD+ WD BC+ WD Raptor, 32HD:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simped will ship worldwide... should be listed in the cart

I know as i was going to buy a set from here in Australia (still will eventually).

AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 3.8GHz, 8GB OCZ AMD BE RAM, ATI HD5970 2GB XFX BE @ 875/1215, TM HOTAS Cougar, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR 5, CH MFP, GoFlight Switch Panel, iMo Mini-Monster Touch, Mimo 720S, Saitek Pro Flight Headset

Yes I ordered them direct from Germany to the US. You don't have to pay the VAT tax either which helps cut the shipping charges if I remember correctly.

The cheapest bet you can have is:

Getting a RCS (Rudder command System) from Thrustmaster on Ebay.

Fill them with hall sensor buying the kit from cubby http://www.cubpilotshangar.net/, or letting him do it.

Buy a gameport to USB converter on e-bay.

And voila its set. Its will be a little pain in the ass maybe and you will have show a bit of pacience, but it won t get you having to buy another warthog only for the rudders. They are widely spaced and very confortable, and will have toe brakes.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Getting a RCS (Rudder command System) from Thrustmaster on Ebay.

Fill them with hall sensor buying the kit from cubby http://www.cubpilotshangar.net/, or letting him do it.

Buy a gameport to USB converter on e-bay.

Yout get more cheap HALL sensor than these above.

Ie. Clorostat HRS100 ~U$ 35,00 - or more cheap if DIY.

Gameport to USB converter use cheap circuits - same of generic gamepads...

I advise buy a Tm T.16000M, and use his board circuit to drive axis in your pedal - 1 or 3.

Bonus: If you buy a HOTAS Warthog the axis in your modded pedal is seen in T.A.R.G.E.T,

since firmware of T.16000M alow this. :smilewink:

Sokol1_Br

• Like 1

Yout get more cheap HALL sensor than these above.

Ie. Clorostat HRS100 ~U$ 35,00 - or more cheap if DIY.

Gameport to USB converter use cheap circuits - same of generic gamepads...

I advise buy a Tm T.16000M, and use his board circuit to drive axis in your pedal - 1 or 3.

Bonus: If you buy a HOTAS Warthog the axis in your modded pedal is seen in T.A.R.G.E.T,

since firmware of T.16000M alow this. :smilewink:

Sokol1_Br

Interesting thing over the TM 16000. Mas no Brasil tá quanto ? se é que tem esse brinquedo...

As a sidenote, the new system has better to accept more than only thrustmaster hardware or i foresee a lot of bitching and cancelled buys.

The advantage of buying the Hall sensor with cubby is the fact they come already prepared, you won t have to cut, drill or do any soldering, Just screw, unscrew, plug unplug and have a smile on your face.

+1 rep

Edited by Succellus

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

It os not clear if Simped's sells to the US it only list Germany and United Kingdom as country selection. Anyone know of a company that will sell them to the US?

Gonzo

Yes but that was over six years ago when i was living in the States.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

There out of stock anyway and have been for a while. Need next best solution to go with Thrustmaster Warthhog HOTAS. This is going on a high-end Windows 7 gaming platform. I can't believe Thrustmaster did not think to include any rudder functionality with there HOTAS system. They don't even make a pair of high end rudder pedals to go with the stick. What were they thinking?

Gonzo

Edited by Gonzo01

Saitek rudder-pedals pro are high end very sturdy too. :thumbup:

There out of stock anyway and have been for a while. Need next best solution to go with Thrustmaster Warthhog HOTAS. This is going on a high-end Windows 7 gaming platform. I can't believe Thrustmaster did not think to include any rudder functionality with there HOTAS system. They don't even make a pair of high end rudder pedals to go with the stick. What were they thinking?

Gonzo

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Saitek rudder-pedals pro are high end very sturdy too. :thumbup:

As i struggle to find a solution for the pedals of course the new f16 saitek rudders look sexy. I don t know if they are out already.

If eventually they are and if eventually someone have them, hoe do they fare ?

I saw one article that said you could use one of the throttles to program rudder axis with. I wonder if you do this, would you have to program both engines to one throttle and totally lose that other throttle to the rudder axis only, or would that throttle take both the rudder axis and the engine control for that engine?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]HP d5000T/Vista SP1/Intel® Core 2 Quad CPU Q9490 @ 2.66 Ghz 3.00 GB Ram/32 bit OS/Nvidia GeForce 9500GT.

If you program one engine for throttle, well you better do it with a peshed in command or each time you adjust engine you ll move the throttle too and vice versa.

Programing a throttle as rudder would be dumb because it throw away the dual throttle usefulness, its as having a single throttle hand.

TM truly blew up on that by not releasing nor planing to release a rudder.

Gonzo, where did you pre-order your Warthog HOTAS system from?

Thanks

ShopBLT has 10 more available on order:

http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop/shop.cgi?action=enter&thispage=01100450100_BDE6442P.shtml&order_id=!ORDERID!

My current plan is to remap the RL tension slider to rudder since I can't afford any pedals.