X52pro Drop Check

Hi

Using the Zoom for the 3 positions worked really well, used to it already. Thanks.

It's ideal for anyone with Track IR.

Stick to trimmer button worked for me.

I couldn't see how having the DMS and TMS over two modes would work but it does.

Thanks again.

Thanks spike2450. One thing I like about 3position zoom is that if you zoom in real fast the zoom isn't as tight, but if you move the slider at a normal speed you get in tighter. If you move the slider slowly, you still get the precision, but I don't use that often because outside of the three positions you still sometimes have the slider jumpiness.

The DMS/TMS on the throttle hat took me a bit to get used to, but now the mode switch with my right thumb happens automatically. The DMS and TMS functions really do parallel.

Thanks for the comments and rep.

Hi

Using the Zoom for the 3 positions worked really well, used to it already. Thanks.

It's ideal for anyone with Track IR.

Stick to trimmer button worked for me.

I couldn't see how having the DMS and TMS over two modes would work but it does.

Thanks again.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Since this sims control profile is really built around the Warthog HOTAS, I don't believe there's a way to set the trim to the rotaries. I tried to use the key assignments for each trim direction to the rotaries in the Saitek software unsuccessfully. The assignments worked, but the nature of setting a single key assignment (rather than axis assignments) to the rotary directions made it unusuable.

I've set the clutch button (see diagram) to "stick to trimmer" mode within the sim (black lettering, see key) rather than the Saitek profile. In effect, you hold "stick to trimmer" then move your flight stick in the direction you want more trim. I've become accustomed to it and actually prefer it over the rotaries now.

I don't know if they plan on allowing axis assignments for trim in the future, but I'm not sure I'll use it if they do.

Ok, thanks to your help I figured out how to solve the problem of TRIM on POV1.

Another problem, I set the TMS as you indicated, but use it as soon as the plane begins to turn on itself without stopping.

How can I fix it for you?

I posted my profile to let you see.

DCS A-10 Aspide.rar

Firma DCS.png

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K   3.60 GHz - DDR4 64,0 GB - MSI RTX3080ti - Win 11 64bit

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

2 Quick questions:

a) Is there really no way to use a slider for speedbrake?

b) HOW do you get ALT and IAS readings on the X52 MFD??? This and current HEADING would be AWESOME!!!

Thanks

i75820k @ 4.3GHZ - X99 ASUS DELUXE - H110 - 16GB DDR4 3000 - GTX970 - DELL U3415W

1) I think it would be possible, if you split the slider into bands. I've been using the slider in three positions for zoom. I do this with the axis setup as 0,100,100,100, invert on. Essentially what that does is makes the 10% at the ends of the slide zoom in and out, and the mid-90% zoom center. You could however, split the slider into bands and set 10% at the ends to the air brakes. That's a good idea and I may try it. The wheel does work for airbrakes, but I hit it by accident sometimes.

2)Saitek's drivers that control the MFD on the X52 are buggy in the extreme. I was getting blue screens from it intermittently. I disabled 'Saitek Direct Output' in my services by:

* start > run > type services.msc > enter

* find 'Saitek Direct Output' > enter properties

* Change startup to disabled

This way the service never starts and my system never crashes from it :). Other people may have luck with it, so I don't mean to say that everyone should disable it.

• Like 1

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

I tried everything I could to get the slider input to stop jumping around, including ordering a powered USB adapter.. no joy. I settled for using the slider, not for precision zoom, but to control three positions. I go into my ZoomView/JoySlider1 axis tune and make my settings:

Deadzone: 0

.............X: 100

.............Y: 100

......Curve: 100

.......Slider: Unchecked

.......Invert: Checked

UserCuver: Unchecked

This gives you the ability to zoom full in, zoom full out, and center. I've found it saves me the diversion of trying to find that perfect zoom on something. The three positions are truly the most useful.

OMG this post have totally passed my forum scan :suspect: Reps inbound StrongHarm :thumbup:

I have tried so many different technics to get rid of the “zoom shaking” bud with no success until I found this brilliant solution. I adjusted my slider settings by using the “User curve” to get 5 levels of zoom without shaking instead of your 3. Gives some more freedom but must be tested and adjusted for each joystick I think. I post screen of my current settings with 5 levels of zoom that is free of shaking on the X-52 Pro slider1. On all other ED SIM’s I have the mouse wheel configured ant that works fine. I hope ED gives us the possibility to use the mouse_Z on the zoom axis in DCS A-10C also.

liHBNe.png

(HJ)

I use my Rotary 1 for speed brake.

Fwd = up brake

Down = retract brake.

Mouse wheel for zoom

at work now so can't access exact settings but happy to give out the SST profile that has this setup in it. This is all i use the SST profile for, the rest is mapped ingame.

regards

'T'

• Like 1

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

Guys I am a painful noob. Just bought the game and bought the x-52 pro for value reasons. I do not have track ir or pedals. I have downloaded the profile. Now, what file do I place it in so I can access it on the options page in game?

Should I install the programing software that came on the disk with the x-52? This is really a lot when you are brand new.

The file that you download is to be used with the X52 programming software. I think you willll find a default folder profile files after you have installed that sw. If you can not find it just simply put the downloaded file somewhere and browse to it from the load file menu in the programming software. Once you have loaded that you need to define a few keys in the DCS A-10 options menu.If you look at the picture of the stick and throttle it is the ones that are in black lettering.

Edit: must learn to not use hyphens and stuff :D

Edited by Tord Hoppe

So I do need to install the software. I'll give it a try. Thanks for responding.

Yes you need to install the software and delete the ingame mapping for the X52pro in the games options. Then you need to remap the 6 black labeled functions in game options (throttle was correct by default) .

Embrace figuring all this out. The A-10 as well. Allow yourself to enjoy reading the manual and all that you're accomplishing. It's like surfing, fight the wave and it will kick your ass every time. When you come out on the other side of all this effort and learning you will be in a very good place. If you continue to have problems, install Teamspeak and come to server strongharm.dnsalias.net port 9987. I'll talk you through it.

I don't see this default profile file that this profile needs to be sent to as stated above. Am I looking inside the game directory? Also StrongHarms instructions include disabling the clutch button under the options tab of the control panel. I see no options tab on my control panel. The software did create a program editor on my desktop.

I think he was saying that you may want to replace your default profile with this. You don't need to do that. Just stash the files in the folder:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Saitek SD6 Profiles

Then do some mild research on how to use your stick and stick software.

Can not be more frustrated than I am. This SST programming editor software is total Fubar. There is no picture of my device on the editor window as I shown in the manual. If I click anywhere on the right side of the editor window where the button lines are...it crashes. No way can I figure how to make use of this StrongHarm profile I downloaded. I would hope that this would be a little bit intuitive but it's not. The worst thing is I try to delete the Saiteck software file from my hard drive and get the message that I need permission to do so. I'm out $150 for the controler and the game only cost $59. I'm going to have to pay my local computer geek another $75 just to get this virus maskerading as a program off my hard drive. I feel like I'm alone in the wilderness shouting into the darkness.......I just want to play the simulation....should have stayed with my old Microsoft 8 button stick......

You've made the decision to delve into the more complex aspects of computer simulations. That was a good decision, I assure you. Don't allow yourself to become too frustrated. Walk away from your system for a moment, come back and do some reading on the situation you face. Solving problems is 80% research 20% action. Please visit me on my teamspeak server if I can help.

I am amazed how people are earnestly trying to help noobs such as myself on these forums. I honestly thank you for that. Meanwhile I have abandoned the SST software and have begun assigning functions to my controler in the game options screen and I am having some success. One question though. I have tried to assign zoom to both the slider and the lower rotary on the throttle of my X52 Pro. They both work but I'm getting some shaking. Any way to get rid of this or is there a better place to assign zoom. Also does the in game options page allow you to assign buttons using all three modes? Just asking. Thanks again.

Hi

If u read back on this thread a few pages Strongharms use of the Zoom slider works well.:thumbup:

Hi Strongharm, GBS hasn't got TrackIR do u think he would be better with another profile where his view is set up on his Hat switch?

Edited by spike2450

Thanks Spike. I now have the zoom on the slider which I set up in the games options. It works well. The zoom in was a little too much for me so I backed off to 70 & 75 for the X and Y and it soots me better. Unfortunately my Programing Software that came with the disk is faulty. For one thing this file Harm describes as programs\users\public\documents\Saitek DCS A-10 is not there. also when I open the editor and click anywhere on the right side of the page where the buttons are all listed, the editor crashes. Don't know if it means anything but there is no picture of the controller on the left hand side of the editor as depicted in the manual. Anyway, me doing any programing using this editor is impossible which is crappy, I think. I have to use the options page in game and I have a few questions. These apply to the in game Programing on the options\controllers page:

Does this page recognize the Modes that the X52 offers? if so how is this accomplished?

Does the in game profiling understand the "long and short" action when activating buttons? How is this long and short function applied on the options page when Programing buttons?

This is a start.

Through trial and error it does seem to recognize long and short (China Hat button 3), I just don't know how to program that to the button with ingame options.

Can't tell yet if programing on the options page with different modes works but it does work with modifiers such as LControl.

Edited by GBS

Hi

To run this profile all i do is double click the shortcut on the desktop which puts the icon to the task bar, i right click that and select the profile that i want.

I do this before i start the game, now when running the game i have had to manually program the zoom slider and any thing else in black on Strongharms picture actually looking at it only the STICK TO TRIMMER MODE.

I've never actually opened up and used the Profiling software that came with the Joystick. Just something else i've not had to learn.

Thanks to guys like Strongharm i've not had to look into the long and short commands.

From what i've read not many use the SST software but program it all within the game.

TrackIR is a must have and works great, again i'm using Wags profile which works great.

Have fun:joystick: