DCS A-10C Quick Start up Manual

MemphisBelle

Great manual MB.

I recorded a startup (and shutdown) LiveStream video a couple of weeks ago, this may be useful as I explain a few things as I go along and if you miss a step or two.

You can watch the video here:

http://www.livestream.com/veaotyphoon/video?clipId=flv_7b3d1e23-4a9a-4f4b-b66f-a638f115635a&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb

Or download it so you can pause it here:

http://www.veao.eu/dcs_a10/DCS-A10_Startup_And_Shutdown_with_commentary.mp4

And here is a startup and shutdown one page procedure checklist:

http://www.veao.eu/dcs_a10/DCS_A-10_Quick_Startup_Procedure.zip

Hope these help as well,

Ells.

Edited by Ells228

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will check them out, thanks for that.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Thanks lots! Maybe you should include the keycombo's for starting left and right engines, I foresee lots of ppl asking how to do this.

I can do this, but basically it depends on one self, may be someone wants to change the respective Combos. But this guys here created a Key Command list which I am using as well...that could help a lot.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Thanks Memphisbelle! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.69squadrone.it

S.O: Win7 64bit

MB: ASUS 1366 P6X58D-E (Audio card integrated)

CPU: INTEL Core i7 950 3.06Ghz 8MB

GPU: GTX470 Gainward 1280MB GDDR5 "Golden Sample"

HD: Western Digital 500GB WD5000AAKS 7200rpm 16MB

RAM: DDR3 1333Mhz PC10666 6GB Kingston

Accessories:TrackIR5 6DOF, Hotas Cougar.

+1

Thanks, I'll be using it as soon as the TM Warthog is in. Should be any day now, computeruniverse here in Germany should get their first batch tomorrow!

I have promised myself not to touch the sim before plugging in the proper controller for it, so... I still have pretty much everything to learn about it, including the startup procedure.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • RAM 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1600
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

My TM Warthog Profile + Chart, F-15C EM Diagram Generator

+1

Thanks, I'll be using it as soon as the TM Warthog is in. Should be any day now, computeruniverse here in Germany should get their first batch tomorrow!

I have promised myself not to touch the sim before plugging in the proper controller for it, so... I still have pretty much everything to learn about it, including the startup procedure.

Hey, I used to life in your hometown for seven years from 93 - 2000...it´s a nice Town.

Still not touching the Game untill the Stick arrives deserves much respect...I couldnt do that since I am pretty much impatient.

I am about to re"write" the tut. May be not using the descriptions right within the imagefiles and changing the order a little bit.

Do you have TrackIR?...The Game is not the same without.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Hey Memphis,

Great writeup of the start-up manual for the Hog. I had also noticed a couple errors that I thought I'd point out. Simple things really, starting with page 3, #7, then #10, you have them both as "setting up the VHF", where #7 should be for the UHF. The other spot I noticed is page 13, #36 you have "taxying" but it's spelled "taxiing".

It's a shame (for now) that the EAC switch doesn't work. I can't go through the training startup all the way since I hit that spot and can't continue. (tried with a key command, but it still doesn't work).

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Hey Memphis,

Great writeup of the start-up manual for the Hog. I had also noticed a couple errors that I thought I'd point out. Simple things really, starting with page 3, #7, then #10, you have them both as "setting up the VHF", where #7 should be for the UHF. The other spot I noticed is page 13, #36 you have "taxying" but it's spelled "taxiing".

It's a shame (for now) that the EAC switch doesn't work. I can't go through the training startup all the way since I hit that spot and can't continue. (tried with a key command, but it still doesn't work).

@Hog_driver

Check out this thread, post #2, they made a workaround for the EAC problem!

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=58400

Best regards.

fubar2niner

Hey Memphis,

The ARC-186 is a VHF radio. This step is correct. Could possibly be labeled VHF-1. but that is not really necessary.

Taxiing is not a valid word. Here is a revised sentance for ya. "The aircraft can not taxi with out nose wheel steering enabled to control the aircraft."

Now where is that speed brakes control again?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Memphis,

Thanks for reporting, I´ll noticed that, for the upcoming update.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Hey Memphis,

For EAC map the EAC Arm to your "E" key. it is not mapped to any other binds. Then for this step just hit "E".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

strange, tried that other post but it wouldn't let me in. Also, Taxiing is a word (use it everyday as a pilot). I'll try the "E" map tomorrow morning when I'm back home (at the airport right now).

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

Hey, I used to life in your hometown for seven years from 93 - 2000...it´s a nice Town.

Still not touching the Game untill the Stick arrives deserves much respect...I couldnt do that since I am pretty much impatient.

I am about to re"write" the tut. May be not using the descriptions right within the imagefiles and changing the order a little bit.

Do you have TrackIR?...The Game is not the same without.

Yeah, I like it as well. I work at the DLR, so lots of aircraft around :thumbup:.

Of course I have TrackIR, couldn't agree more about it. Do you know of a good squadron in Germany who fly DCS?

(Sorry for the off-topic question guys.)

So on-topic again: you mention the insert key for the steeringwheel (where is that "wheel" by the way?). Am I right in assuming that would be equivalent to the NoseWheel Steering (NWS) button on the stick?

Grüße aus Braunschweig :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • RAM 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1600
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

My TM Warthog Profile + Chart, F-15C EM Diagram Generator

Pheonix, the Nose Wheel Steering allows the nose wheel to actually turn, along with the rudders for ground steering. I'm not sure there is a NWS on the stick, but I could be wrong.

Grüße aus Berlin

Hog driver i am sure you say it but in simplified technical english and in proper grammar. a word with two identicle vowels to make a gerrund should be used in a active voice. So to state taxiing is not a proper word. Gerunds are the most difficult translation issue for the english language.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Scabbers, being from the US (born and raised in NJ, only just recently moved to Germany) I know this, but as a pilot for the last 15 years (stateside), written in all manuals dealing with "taxiing" it is written so.

(Excerpt from the FAA manual) Chapter 7-63, Line F:

F. Taxiing. As used in this chapter, taxiing is when an aircraft is being operated under its own engine power on an airport’s movement area.

Not to argue, but to show I know what I'm talking about, as a pilot.

So on-topic again: you mention the insert key for the steeringwheel (where is that "wheel" by the way?). Am I right in assuming that would be equivalent to the NoseWheel Steering (NWS) button on the stick?

Agreed, just checked in the manual...by the way page 83 in the manual represents the switch on the stick to controll "Nosewheel steering".

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

• 3 weeks later...
Or simply press [insert].

true, but it´s way more handy to assign it onto a certain Button on your stick.

• Like 1

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Fantastic, many thanks MB

HAF 932, Asus P6X58D-E, Intel i7-920, Noctua NH-D14, Corsair Dominator 6GB, WD 1TB HDD, Sapphire 5870 Vapour X 1GB, (1 x iiYama E2410HDS 24" LCD), Nothing OC'd: Saitek X52 Pro Flight Controller, Logitech G27 Race Controller, Logitech G15 Keyboard, TrackIR 5(w/pro clip), Windows 7 64bit.

• 3 weeks later...