Pimp My Flying

Would really appreciate any criticism on the first track I've posted. Think I've got the basics. Still feel like I'm struggling with the controls a little at times -clearly seen in my take-off and landing. Helicopter feels very light and unstable when taxiing. Also, have some trouble locking the tanks initially, not sure why.

tankhunt.trk

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

Your flying looks good. Very smooth and controlled I thought. You even asked for start and taxi. You used the PVI also for WP. I usually just look at the arbris. For Taxi, you probably had too much collective and were near lift off. Could not see how much you had. Just add collective till rolling then you can pretty much take it all the way down. Its not a race car so it will tip over if you taxi too fast.

I dont know why you could not lock the tanks. I took control and had the same issues. Once they stopped I could not really lock them easily either. After a while of messing with it I finally did and took them out.

Makes me miss BS actually. I may fire it up again soon to take a break from the head aches of A10 beta.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

Your flying looks good. Very smooth and controlled I thought. You even asked for start and taxi. You used the PVI also for WP. I usually just look at the arbris. For Taxi, you probably had too much collective and were near lift off. Could not see how much you had. Just add collective till rolling then you can pretty much take it all the way down. Its not a race car so it will tip over if you taxi too fast.

I dont know why you could not lock the tanks. I took control and had the same issues. Once they stopped I could not really lock them easily either. After a while of messing with it I finally did and took them out.

Makes me miss BS actually. I may fire it up again soon to take a break from the head aches of A10 beta.

Thanks for watching. Feels like sometimes I turn the aircraft and rather than the nose leading the way, I end up side slipping in the direction I want to go. Think I set 10 m/s wind in that mission -could be just the way it flys.

"It's not a race car so it will tip over if you taxi too fast". Yeah, must think more...

reliantrobin1e.th.jpghttp://img826.imageshack.us/img826/322/reliantrobin1e.jpg[/img]%20By%20martinistripes%20at%202010-10-29"]reliantrobin1e.jpg

reliantrobin1e.th.jpg

It will slip in turns much more than a fixed wing, that is normal. Still not sure why the tanks were so hard to lock up. I have played missions with moving targets and lock them up much easier than in that mission.

I have tipped over on the taxi way so many times with my 0 patience.

Why do you have russian textures and english tool tips?

Edited by power5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

Why do you have russian textures and english tool tips?

Because the real helicopter has Russian textures. :music_whistling: And the tool tips because my grasp of the Russian language isn't that great yet that I can make out all the technical switch labels and abbreviations.

Thanks for watching. Would the low light level prevent the Shkval from locking?

yes it will, not made for low light situations.

Bullet

I7 4790K running at 4390 with a gigabyte board with 16 gigs of ram with an Asus gtx 660-ti and 2 tb of hard drive space on 2 wd hard drives. A X-65F Hotas with trackir4 and pro combat peddles. A kick butt home built machine unfortunately running a windows 7 OS.

Because the real helicopter has Russian textures. :music_whistling: And the tool tips because my grasp of the Russian language isn't that great yet that I can make out all the technical switch labels and abbreviations.

Thanks for watching. Would the low light level prevent the Shkval from locking?

Heh, but if England imported them for you, they would have english in the cockpit. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

Heh, but if England imported them for you, they would have english in the cockpit. ;)

If I was flying an English import version of the Ka-50, I doubt very much I would find myself on the Georgian border fighting the Americans! :P

Thanks for watching. Feels like sometimes I turn the aircraft and rather than the nose leading the way, I end up side slipping in the direction I want to go. Think I set 10 m/s wind in that mission -could be just the way it flys.

"It's not a race car so it will tip over if you taxi too fast". Yeah, must think more...

reliantrobin1e.th.jpghttp://img826.imageshack.us/img826/322/reliantrobin1e.jpg[/img]%20By%20martinistripes%20at%202010-10-29"]reliantrobin1e.jpg

reliantrobin1e.th.jpg

hedge hogs dont stand a chance with the robin.

First of all, 10 m/s wind is very high. That is 36 klm/hr ! or 19.5 knots !!

Now if that is pure crosswind, it would be out of limits for a lot of aircraft, not to mention a helicopter

In such wind, taxiing along the ground is not recommended as that big disc on top of you is a nice sail.

If you wish to have such high winds i would recommend pointing your nose into wind on the ground and hover taxiing to the hold.

No wonder you find the aircraft squirrelly on the ground.

As for normal taxiing, you should need no collective at all, not even to get you going. Just push the cyclic forward and off you go (brakes off of course)

reliantrobin1e.th.jpg

Reminds me of the Top Gear episodes about the car!:D

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

Reminds me of the Top Gear episodes about the car!:D

I once had a car that had actually been on TV in the Top Gear studio. A velocity yellow Corvette Z06.

topgear3.jpg

It was part financed and like paying two mortgages. A couple of years later I ran into some cash-flow problems and it was the car or flat... looking back, I probably should've sold the flat. :doh: Fast car.

Anyway, last night I was trying to add some targets to the datalink using the manual as a guide. Not sure what happened, but I managed to add two Vulcans after that I couldn't add any tanks.

My process in brief was:

1) Turn on DL and DL VHF

2) Set DL ID (1)

3) Set master mode (to Commander)

4) Uncage Shkval and lock target

5) Press target type button on DL panel

6) Hit send/memory on DL panel

Simples, right? As I said, the first two targets seemed to work okay and appeared on the tactical situation display after that, nothing. Will have another go later.

Anyway, last night I was trying to add some targets to the datalink using the manual as a guide. Not sure what happened, but I managed to add two Vulcans after that I couldn't add any tanks.

My process in brief was:

1) Turn on DL and DL VHF

2) Set DL ID (1)

3) Set master mode (to Commander)

4) Uncage Shkval and lock target

5) Press target type button on DL panel

6) Hit send/memory on DL panel

Simples, right? As I said, the first two targets seemed to work okay and appeared on the tactical situation display after that, nothing. Will have another go later.

First of all and i have to get my old memory right here.

Commander mode is not required if you are not transmitting saved datalink targets to other craft.

Datalink ID can be anything from 1-4, has no bearing on storing data. It will only show who is sending data. ("received datalink target info from datalink helo number 4" for example)

You can designate any object as any type. So you can datalink a person as armour and so on.

So provided you have your datalink powered, here is all that you have to do in order to save (your own) target information.

1. Lock target with schval (with a lased range)

2. select the type of target you wish to identify as (armour, ingress point etc)

3. Press Send/mem

Now, if this is the first target you have designated, it will be given target #1 by default, the next one you designate will be target #2 and so on by default and shown on your abris.

From there you can transmit that info to others, or automatically slew your schval onto a target stored into your datalink.

To save datalinked info from others,

1. You will receive ekran message of datalnk received.

2. Your datalink panel will be lit up showing the following

(a) Type of target being sent to you (E.g. Armour)

(b) What the datalink ID is of the craft sending you the information (E.g. The guy with datalink ID #3)

© Abris will show target information as flashing on screen

3. If you like what you see and wish to store data, press "Send/mem"

4. If you do not wish to save, press clear.

Edited by bogusheadbox

Are you going to keep trying or will you read the FAQ instead? :music_whistling:

Supplementary info

From my old notes:

:book:Slave SHKVAL to DL targets

F-4E Phantom module for sale -25% non-Steam