Slave SHKVAL to DL targets.

S D

Hey guys, i was just wondering. Is there a way to slave the SHKVAL sensor to Datalinked targets? I know you can slave it to predefined target points, but can you do the same with targets recieved via the DL.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Interesting question.

My guess is: No.

The ABRIS uses layered 2D data, while the SHKVAL would need 3-dimensional data to lock on a target.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

I would suppose it's theoretically possible to do something similar by having the Skhval fed data from the INU and Datalink, but I am also leaning towards guessing a no. Even if it exists, I also do suspect it would be impractical, since it most likely would still require adjustment for accumulated INU errors, meaning that you'd still be better off just keeping your INU fixed and lining the Skhval up to the datalink target through the ABRIS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I beg to differ. In game, it works very similarly to targeting points. The closest explanation to it is on page 7-9 of the manual.

(Assuming Targeting mode has been reset)

1. Select the Datalinked target of choice (it will flash on ABRIS)

2. Select the "DL/Ingress Button" (next to Send/Mem). Once selected, your target of choice will be marked in a cross on the ABRIS.

3. Uncage the Shkval.

At this point, the Shkval should attempt to "snap" to the datalinked target location if it is within the Shkval field of view. Fine tuning may be required. Also, notice that the targeting gate on the ABRIS should be over the datalinked target icon. Keep in mind, as long as your AP functions are engaged, your aircraft will also attempt to orient itself on the targeted axis when approaching to attack. Have to test later, but you may also be required to turn your Automatic Turn on Target button to maintain the targeted axis while attacking. Love to use it for high altitude rocket suppression at long distance. It also saves a lot of time when needing to identify the exact target that has been handed off.

Edited by S77th-ReOrdain
  • Like 4

Yes, it is possible and very handy, to boot. :)

1. save the recieved DL target.

2. Reset your shval

3. Select your desired target on the datalink panel

4. Press the yellow "Ingress" button on the datalink panel (If memory serves I think that is what it's called. When you click this the light on the datalink button you clicked in the previous step should go out.

5. Uncage your shval (make sure your HMS is disabled). As long as you're facing in the targets general direction, your shval should automatically slew to the given target.

Enjoy. :)

Edit - Ya beat me to the punch, ReOrdain. :)

• Like 1

Never tried it.

Thanks for the heads up!

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

That's awesome!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I use this all the time. In fact, it's the only way I can stabilize my heading on targets for a good rocket/gun strafing.

Use the procedure outlined above to select target to ingress on. Make sure your autopilot is set to "DH-Desired Heading (unsure of Russian designation)". Make sure "Auto-Turn to target" is enabled. Enable route autopilot, then uncage the shkval. The shark will then turn to the target heading, and stabilize on its heading and fly right to it.

It's also helpful to make multiple runs on a target. By leaving the target selected in the ABRIS with "Ingress" lit, your HUD will display range and bearing to that point, helping you be precise in your distance from the target when disengaging and lining up for "slash" type attacks. Very cool function.

Good to know it, I didn't dind it in manual oO

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Doesn't need to be a received DL target either since you can create your own target points with the ABRIS and Shkval. And those target points don't even need to actually be on top of real enemy units either since they are just virtual locations that the ABRIS keeps track of by their position based on their GPS coordinates under the Shkvals targeting gate.

A while back I detailed exactly how this is done so you should be able to do a search on my name and find it. Apparently I was one of the first people (even some testers didn't know you could do it) to figure out this little trick. Yeah me!

I also talked about how you could get wingmen to "patrol" between multiple waypoints by creating new Ingress and Target points using the Datalink and ABRIS.

I will try and dig up that old thread as it had some great info in it that was not common knowledge at that time.

Madmatt

A-10C, AV-8B, F-16C, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1H, FC3, CA, WWII, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Gaming Rig: I7 7700k @5GHz, Corsair H115i Water Cooling, 32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz DDR4 SDRAM, Aorus GeForce GTX 1080Ti, 2 x Samsung 960 Pro M.2 1TB NVMe SSD's, Warthog HOTAS w/ Slew mod, MFG Crosswind Pedals, 2 x TM Cougar MFD's, Oculus Rift-S, TrackIR 5, Asus ROG PG3480 34" GSync Monitor @3440x1440-100Hz, Asus 27" Monitor @1920x1080-144Hz, Windows 10 x64

• Like 3

A-10C, AV-8B, F-16C, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1H, FC3, CA, WWII, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Gaming Rig: I7 7700k @5GHz, Corsair H115i Water Cooling, 32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz DDR4 SDRAM, Aorus GeForce GTX 1080Ti, 2 x Samsung 960 Pro M.2 1TB NVMe SSD's, Warthog HOTAS w/ Slew mod, MFG Crosswind Pedals, 2 x TM Cougar MFD's, Oculus Rift-S, TrackIR 5, Asus ROG PG3480 34" GSync Monitor @3440x1440-100Hz, Asus 27" Monitor @1920x1080-144Hz, Windows 10 x64

Thanks that is truly awesome.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

I beg to differ. In game, it works very similarly to targeting points. The closest explanation to it is on page 7-9 of the manual.

(Assuming Targeting mode has been reset)

1. Select the Datalinked target of choice (it will flash on ABRIS)

2. Select the "DL/Ingress Button" (next to Send/Mem). Once selected, your target of choice will be marked in a cross on the ABRIS.

3. Uncage the Shkval.

At this point, the Shkval should attempt to "snap" to the datalinked target location if it is within the Shkval field of view. Fine tuning may be required. Also, notice that the targeting gate on the ABRIS should be over the datalinked target icon. Keep in mind, as long as your AP functions are engaged, your aircraft will also attempt to orient itself on the targeted axis when approaching to attack. Have to test later, but you may also be required to turn your Automatic Turn on Target button to maintain the targeted axis while attacking. Love to use it for high altitude rocket suppression at long distance. It also saves a lot of time when needing to identify the exact target that has been handed off.

I tried this and all i have to say is that its really handy. Its so easy now to quickly turn to targets or even to target points. A big thanks to everyone for this. It gives a different approach to the game. Thanks everyone!!! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

I must have missed this in the manual. And was thinking about it yeaterday. This is a great help to team work/COOP mission. thanks for the info. <S>

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

i was thinking the same thing what a tool for flight leaders... this way you can tell what wing to attack what trgt..cus we all no what its like to rifle one dwn range only too have it hit by another wing or flight...cus most of the time i just start sending trgts to all instead of just my wingie..great post i'll up ya one for tht post..thx

Edited by slowhand

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Nice work, thanks! :thumbup:

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Articles: Air-to-Air and APQ-120 | F-4E in Air-to-Air: Stop Struggling!