Cockpit Beeps

MAThrasher

I have searched the forum for "Beeps" and can't find my answer. When I take off in the A-10C, it constantly replays beeps. Usually, it is like

beep, pause, beep, beep, beep

beep, pause, beep, beep

and then it does it over and over again. What are these for?

Windows 11, GPU: RTX-4090, Ram: 32gb, CPU: 12700k, Headset: Varjo Aero

Does it sound like morse code? If so, you could have your TACAN or ILS audio turned on, and you're hearing the station identifier.

Is it loud and medium-pitched? If so, it's probably the stall warning indicator.

Tim "Stretch" Morgan

72nd VFW, 617th VFS

Other handles: Strikeout (72nd VFW, 15th MEU Realism Unit), RISCfuture (BMS forums)

PC and Peripherals: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/RISCfuture/saved/#view=DMp6XL

Win10 x64 — BMS — DCS — P3D

beep, pause, beep, beep, beep

beep, pause, beep, beep

Sounds like the steady and chopped tones to me that are used to indicate maximum turn perfomrance and immanent stall. Like posted above, a track would be helpful though.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

If it is during takeoff, isn't that the landing gear warning horn? If you press the button next to the throttles it stops.

Edited by Fopeyducker

---------------

MSI GD65 Gaming | i7 4770k Haswell @ 4.7ghz, | H110 water cooler | 32Gb ddr3 | Sound Blaster Zx | MSI GTX 1080Ti | 1x 250Gb SSD's + 2x 500Gb SSD |

Acer Predator 34" (3440x1440) | TrackiR 5 + UTC Light | Win 10 Pro 64bit | 2x Thrustmaster MFD's | MFG Crosswinds (ordered) | Thrustmaster Warthog :smartass:

--------------------

Wow, I am surprised nobody has heard it. I will have to make a track. Here is exactly what I do...

I created a simple mission that is ready for takeoff from Batumi runway. These are the exact things I do....

Input Tacan of 16x and set to TR

Input ILS of 110.15 and turn on power

Set VHF radio to 131.00

Set course knob on HSI to 307

and takeoff

When I'm at 140 kn I gently leave the runway and immediately raise the gears and flaps. That is when I hear the rapid beeps. After those beeps (which are loud and annoying) I do a steady climb to 2000 ft and begin a nice level flight. That is when I keep hearing this pattern again

beep pause beep beep beep

wait 1-2 seconds

beep pause beep beep

wait about 3 seconds and then keep repeating this pattern of beeps.

I was in a nice level flight. I will make a track. I know it is not anywhere near a stall or high angle of attack.

Windows 11, GPU: RTX-4090, Ram: 32gb, CPU: 12700k, Headset: Varjo Aero

LOL OK well as already stated if the beeps go:

beeeeep beep beep beep

beeeeep

beeeeep beeeep

Then its the TACAN identing "BTM"

If thats the case either turn the vol down or push the volume knob in to shut it up on the TACAN volume knob in Liximas picture. (page 148 in man)

Edited by Kaiza
[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]