A-10 Mission Planner

Flamin_Squirrel

Flamin Squirrel,

Good program so far but I have some possible suggestions for you.

1. When opening the program, all measurement settings default to metric. On the app close event could you have the program save the users settings values to a xml config file? Then when opening up the app, set the default settings according to the saved config file.

2. Add the ability to save/load a mission. Would need to add a mission name and mission description field.

3. Whats interesting about your program is its ability to calculate fuel burn. It would be interesting to see a summary for the total estimated fuel burn for all phases of the mission, and to use that to estimate how much initial fuel should be loaded on the aircraft. I don't image the Air Force sends every plane up on every mission with a full load of fuel.

4. On the take-off tab, could you also show V1 and V2 to go along with Vr?

5. On the summary tab, output the entered data in a format that could be copied and pasted into DCS Mission Editor to be included in mission briefings.

If you coded this in VB.NET and want some help, I do that by trade and would be happy to help.

Edited by mboddicker

^

I second those suggestions. Great program +1 ! I'll be using it for sure.

However, I also get the runway heading crash. Perhaps simply make it a 3 digit heading field?

The program hangs when I try to enter the second digit into the runway field. This is independent of any other data in other fields. Hope that helps.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • RAM 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1600
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

My TM Warthog Profile + Chart, F-15C EM Diagram Generator

Bloody Useful.

Rep inbound mate.

Rig: Home Built, water cooled,i5 2500K @ 4.3Ghz, ASUS P8P67Pro Mobo, 8GB Patriot Viper 2 Sector 5 RAM, MSI Nvidia GTX970 4GB Gaming OC, 120GB OCZ Vertex 2e SSD Boot, 120GB OCZ Vertex 2e SSD Games (BS & WH), Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB other,

Samsung UE37D5000 37" LED TV,EloTouch 1600x1200 secondary, Thrustmaster Warthog No.467, Thrustmaster MFD, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR4 with Track Clip Pro.

Ex RAF Aircrew, Real Life Pilot, proud Geek and father of one :)

• 1 month later...

Will there be an update?

I'd like to see a print function and a functional summary page.

Please keep up the good work, this tool is very impressive and usefull. :thumbup:

kind regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Nasty virus from megaupload

Delighted to find your mission planner, but when I downloaded it megaupload.com also gave m some kind of malware. I'm not suggesting that it was in the mission planner of that the author was in any way responsible, but I do want to caution anyone who downloads it.

First indication was a Windows alert that it couldn't verify the certificate for something. Like a dummy I said to my self, "Yeah, yeah, whatever," and click OK.

I ran the planner and had no problem. Very nice tool.

But suddenly I got a red alert of Eset Antivirus software and the system instantly restarted. On restart a message appeared "loading system files" which I've never seen before, and the system booted to the default blue heaven screen, and the Startup Repair started to run. It has run to completion twice, but ends at an HP "Your in deep shit, pal" screen.

Looks I'm going to have to reload Win 7 at a minimum

Blue Skies & Tailwinds

tailspinstales.blogspot.com

FlamingSquirrel, if you're still developing this, or at least have source code or a binary, consider opensourcing it on sourceforge or at least uploading the binary to the ED file/mod repository.

Edit: Oops, didn't notice above ... he lost the source code :(

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Updated OP with direct forum link for .rar archive.

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Here's hoping somebody can help me.

I am using the idea of a mission planner such as this, awesome by the way, to learn about MS's excel. Obviously manually getting the data using the graphs is not a problem, but how do you convert the graphs into workable formula/equations to allow me to put them into excel and come up with some answers.

Thanks in advance,

Clint.

• 8 months later...
Bump...Notice to update or remove bug from program...thank's

See comments below...

I was always planning to, but unfortunately I lost my backed up data when I changed hard drives a few months back, including the source code for the program. So, there aren't going to be any updates as I just don't have the time to start again.