Multi-monitor set-up guide & help (unofficial)

MadTommy

tnx, I have browsed many stuff on subject and things are sorted mostly, indicator left only

have no clue with positioning of controls indicator. Tried to calculate some numbers which would "move" it right for cca 1440 pixels but generally I am clueless, managed to make it not show up at all so far, need some experimenting

Linked stuff is for single monitor

thank you again

Dovla

figured it out, so if someone has same setup as 1440x900 monitor on left , to move controls indicator right to main camera monitor these are the numbers

base.init_pos = {2.3625 + 1.5*size,-(1 - 1.5*size)}

3.15 gives you bottom right at 1920 display, so divide 3.15 with 1920 to get value per pixel and then multiply it with number of pixels you wish to move

Edited by dovla
figured it out

I am struggling to fill the entire image off the Cougar MFDs.

This is the closest I get atm:

x = 2030;
    y = 120;
    width = 720;
    height = 670;
    aspect = 1.34;

But there are prox 1 cm missing of the image in the height. Width fills out nicely.

I thought that Width = 720 and height = 720 would give me a square, but it dont. It just zooms the image.

Anyone that can point me in the direction of making the image in the MFDs square?

I am struggling to fill the entire image off the Cougar MFDs.

This is the closest I get atm:

x = 2030;
    y = 120;
    width = 720;
    height = 670;
    aspect = 1.34;

But there are prox 1 cm missing of the image in the height. Width fills out nicely.

I thought that Width = 720 and height = 720 would give me a square, but it dont. It just zooms the image.

Anyone that can point me in the direction of making the image in the MFDs square?

think that without changing aspect to 1 for 720x720 you wont get whole picture, but then you have wrong aspect.

Might be best to fill that unused space with some other usefull info displayed

But arent the MFCDs in the real world perfectly squared? I dont understand why I cant make them like that

it is as it is :-) , without distorting aspect you wont get it to fill whole screen, unless Peter has some magic :-)

take a look at this tool, might help you too fill that gap with some stuff so it ll be even better than you want now :-)

it is for ka-50 and a10

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=71831&highlight=emc

choose and put stuff on 720x720 part of you main screen than translate it manually to be placed on your mfcd ( it shows objects only on your primary windows display, though i did not look much into it)

you ll figure it out

• Like 1

I cant get monitor config to work.

btw. If I set aspect to 1 and 720/720 the image stays the same..

oh, sorry , that was my guess, I am no expert on this

I can eun emc just fine (v 2.0), i got UAC windows prompt and it run, try run as admin, idk.

• 1 month later...

I've got the following setup:

Monitor 1, on the left, has 1920x1080 and should display the main screen.

Monitor 2, on the right, has 1280x1024 and should display both MFCDs.

My *.lua file looks like this:

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('Two_MFCD_right');

Description = 'Regular monitor has cockpit, right monitor has both MFCDs';

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.777777777777778;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 1920;

y = 0;

width = 512;

height = 512;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 2432;

y = 0;

width = 512;

height = 512;

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

But on my second screen I can see parts of my desktop for some reason, as shown in this picture:

POwDLlm.jpg

Is there a way to completely black out my second screen?

• 1 month later...

I am looking to set another 2 monitors (for a total of 4) in the next couple of months. I am looking at the TripleHead2Go, or adding a second graphics card.

I am wondering on the pros and cons of each. Any help would be helpful. My current card is a EVGA GeForce 480.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, this is my first post. Sorry for my english ;)

Could someone help me with my setup?

I try to make something like that

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=83840

Primary monitor is normal 16:9 game view with freetrack.

I try to make that the bottom monitor (5:4) displays cockpit instruments below hud with no freetrack movement...

I read on this thread that can be done with snapview, but i don't know how to apply that to monitorsetup *.lua

This is my monitor setup:

name = _('vERT');

Description = 'Center FreeTrack, Bottom cockpit instruments'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.7;

},

Bottom =

{

x = 320;

y = 1080;

width = 1280;

height = 1024;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = -1;

aspect = 1.25;

eye_shift = 0;

}

}

I've got the following setup:

Monitor 1, on the left, has 1920x1080 and should display the main screen.

Monitor 2, on the right, has 1280x1024 and should display both MFCDs.

My *.lua file looks like this:

name = _('Two_MFCD_right');

Description = 'Regular monitor has cockpit, right monitor has both MFCDs';

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.777777777777778;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 1920;

y = 1080;

width = 512;

height = 512;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 2432;

y = 1080;

width = 512;

height = 512;

}

But on my second screen I can see parts of my desktop for some reason, as shown in this picture:

POwDLlm.jpg

Is there a way to completely black out my second screen?

check my edit of your lua spoiler

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Hi all, this is my first post. Sorry for my english ;)

Could someone help me with my setup?

I try to make something like that

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=83840

Primary monitor is normal 16:9 game view with freetrack.

I try to make that the bottom monitor (5:4) displays cockpit instruments below hud with no freetrack movement...

I read on this thread that can be done with snapview, but i don't know how to apply that to monitorsetup *.lua

This is my monitor setup:

name = _('vERT');

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.7;

},

Bottom =

{

x = 1280; revers this see if it works?

y = 1024;

width = 0320;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = -1;

aspect = 1.25;

eye_shift = 0;

}

}

revers what I edited in red

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Thank You Mastiff :)

I reverse values but is not work good...

I made LEFT&RIGHT_MFCD on the second (bottom) monitor - it works;)

This lua settings display only raw gaues, do You know how to make complete front cockpit with all frames on second monitor? Like presing LWIN + Num2 or 0 or custom snapshot?

Thank You Mastiff :)

I reverse values but is not work good...

I made LEFT&RIGHT_MFCD on the second (bottom) monitor - it works;)

This lua settings display only raw gaues, do You know how to make complete front cockpit with all frames on second monitor? Like presing LWIN + Num2 or 0 or custom snapshot?

ok sounds like your monitors are not in correct station did you check to see your monitor numbers. like monitor 1, and monitor 2? identity.

vertical image is good. Up i up, down is down :)

I make primary monitor as standard freetrack controlled display and below i try to do on second monitor image of steady cockpit front instruments - without freetrack moves.

• 4 weeks later...

MFDs on FC3 F15-C

Hello Peter,

i´ve configurate a multi monitor Setup with one Full HD Screen and two Lilliputs 800x480. It´works perfekt width you´re guideline in DCS A10.

But in FC3 F15-C i only got the radar MFD. RWR and DSMS is not set on screen. Help

:music_whistling:

With kind regards,

Staff of Virtual JaBoG32

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ive managed to get mine running pretty smooth without SofTH and Eyefinity. Running two portrait and center one landscape and without having to put the left upper as the prime screen.

I am also using 2 slots on my HD6970 and one on the embedded grafics. The tried with SofTH and it powepointed, deleted softth and its running fine.

Used EMC and if you are quick enough dragging the screen and save it, it works. If you hover around a bit, EMC pushes the screen back to the primary (in my case the middle monitor).

Hello Peter,

i´ve configurate a multi monitor Setup with one Full HD Screen and two Lilliputs 800x480. It´works perfekt width you´re guideline in DCS A10.

But in FC3 F15-C i only got the radar MFD. RWR and DSMS is not set on screen. Help

:music_whistling:

They are not enabled unless custom LEAVU is used I believe. But this may fail integrity checks on servers.

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

• 4 weeks later...

I already have two mionitors on extended desktop which I use in other sims. I understand the .lua method of placing Viewports in additional screens but where do I find the names of any P51D Viewports or is there some other method of creating a P51D instrument panel for my second monitor (it's stacked below the main monitor).

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

EDIT - fixed it!

Sorry, I found half an answer in this Thread and have managed to sort it out. See attached screenshot, I inserted a black separator to represent the monitor bezels.

.lua content below

name = _('CockpitOverInstruments');

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = screen.width * 0.5;

height = screen.height;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = screen.aspect / 2;

},

Bottom =

{

x = screen.width * 0.5;

y = 0;

width = screen.width * 0.5;

height = screen.height;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = -1.0;

aspect = screen.aspect / 2;

}

}

P51D_Cockpit_2Screens_sm.thumb.jpg.fa9658fab94fb3ddc9c31b17fda93e1c.jpg

Edited by klem

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

I switched from a single-Monitor-Setup to a Multimonitor Setup. I have now three monitors for the Plane/Cockpit and two small Lilliput UM80 for the two MFDs.

I followed this guide to make a custom monitor.lua, but I'm currently stuck, I can't manage to make it show up in DCS (World, A10C).

Path: H:\Steam\SteamApps\common\DCSWorld\Config\MonitorSetup\mysetting.lua

Can you see something that I have missed? I compared it to the examples in the folder and some of the codes posted in this Thread.

And is it correct for my monitorconfiguration?

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('Meine_Einstellungen');
Description = 'Meine Einstellungen';
Viewports = 
{
   Center = 
   {
       x = 0;
       y = 0;
       width = 1600 + 1280 + 1600;
       height = 1024;
       viewDx = 0;
       viewDy = 0;
       aspect = 35 / 8;
   }

}

LEFT_MFCD =
{
    x = 1600+1280+1600;
    y = 0;
    width = 512;
    height = 512;
}

RIGHT_MFCD =
{
    x = 1600+1280+1600;
    y = 600;
    width = 512;
    height = 512;
}

Gui =
{
   x = 1600
   y = 0;
   width = 1280;
   height = 1024;
}

UIMainView = Gui

Monitorsetup:

Screen 1 and 3 have a resolution of 1600x900, screen 2 has 1280x1024, screen 4 and 5 have 800x600

xZBGQvb.jpg

I have a question about KA-50, too, if I want to use this monitorsetup in KA-50, do I have to make an new one, with LEFT_MFCD and RIGHT_MFCD replaced with Shkval and ABRIS, or can I simply add the code-blocks to this file?

Edited by Matty

I switched from a single-Monitor-Setup to a Multimonitor Setup. I have now three monitors for the Plane/Cockpit and two small Lilliput UM80 for the two MFDs.

I followed this guide to make a custom monitor.lua, but I'm currently stuck, I can't manage to make it show up in DCS (World, A10C).

Path: H:\Steam\SteamApps\common\DCSWorld\Config\MonitorSetup\mysetting.lua

Can you see something that I have missed? I compared it to the examples in the folder and some of the codes posted in this Thread.

And is it correct for my monitorconfiguration?

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('Meine_Einstellungen');
Description = 'Meine Einstellungen';
Viewports = 
{
   Center = 
   {
       x = 0;
       y = 0;
       width = 1600 + 1280 + 1600;
       height = 1024;
       viewDx = 0;
       viewDy = 0;
       aspect = 35 / 8;
   }

}

LEFT_MFCD =
{
    x = 1600+1280+1600;
    y = 0;
    width = 512;
    height = 512;
}

RIGHT_MFCD =
{
    x = 1600+1280+1600;
    y = 600;
    width = 512;
    height = 512;
}

Gui =
{
   x = 1600
   y = 0;
   width = 1280;
   height = 1024;
}

UIMainView = Gui

Monitorsetup:

Screen 1 and 3 have a resolution of 1600x900, screen 2 has 1280x1024, screen 4 and 5 have 800x600

xZBGQvb.jpg

I have a question about KA-50, too, if I want to use this monitorsetup in KA-50, do I have to make an new one, with LEFT_MFCD and RIGHT_MFCD replaced with Shkval and ABRIS, or can I simply add the code-blocks to this file?

Hmmm I'm a bit new to this but...

your total Windows screen resolution is 1600+1280+1600+800 = 5280 wide

and 600 + 600 = 1200 high.

I think from there you need to reconsider your x, y, height and width dimensions for each screen.

Center

x = 0, y = 0, height = 900 leaving a 104 pixel blank bar at the bottom of the middle (1204) of the three screens

and width = 4480.

=======================

EDIT: deleted this bit because I am stupid.

=======================

Not sure about aspect, try 4480/900?

No idea about the K-50 question (I'm strictly a propeller-head) but it seems likely you'll need a different profile to call the different names.

Edited by klem

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'