WIP DCS A-10C and Teamspeak 3 Integration

Let it be known, the first Beta of TARS will be released to the public this week. :pilotfly:

I would advise that you guys download the current Teamspeak 3 build now, (Beta 36) because that's what TARS will run on when it comes out. If you don't have it already, the 64 bit or 32 bit version will work (either one). Just get it in case a new beta appears in the near future.

Edited by Headspace
  • Like 1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read the thread, but I have still some questions:

1. If I understand that correct, the Teamspeak server (or the host of the TS3 server) doesn't have any plugin installed for TARS, right?

We (clients) have to install TARS only, set the TS3 settings correct (ip, port, maybe pw) and it should working?!

2. For example, we have 4 pilots (2 pilots per flight) and 1 ATC Controller (maybe via LoATC in future).

Flight A: Pilot 1, Pilot 2

Flight B: Pilot 3, Pilot 4

ATC: ATC

What's the radio setup for that example?

VHF AM/ Channel1 for: Flight A <--> Flight B

UHF/ Channel1 for: Pilot 1 <--> Pilot 2 / Pilot 3 <--> Pilot 4

VHF FM/ Channel 1 for: Pilots <--> ATC

And does the ATC have to run DCS:W to work with TARS?

Thanks in advance!

kind regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I read the thread, but I have still some questions:

1. If I understand that correct, the Teamspeak server (or the host of the TS3 server) doesn't have any plugin installed for TARS, right?

We (clients) have to install TARS only, set the TS3 settings correct (ip, port, maybe pw) and it should working?!

Nothing needs to be done on the server side. We had someone join us from the ED community here at our last DCS session at Folk, and it took him about 5 minutes to get set up. Out of the box, no special network configuration needs to take place.

2. For example, we have 4 pilots (2 pilots per flight) and 1 ATC Controller (maybe via LoATC in future).

Flight A: Pilot 1, Pilot 2

Flight B: Pilot 3, Pilot 4

ATC: ATC

What's the radio setup for that example?

VHF AM/ Channel1 for: Flight A <--> Flight B

UHF/ Channel1 for: Pilot 1 <--> Pilot 2 / Pilot 3 <--> Pilot 4

VHF FM/ Channel 1 for: Pilots <--> ATC

And does the ATC have to run DCS:W to work with TARS?

Thanks in advance!

To use TARS, you need to be running either DCS Black Shark or DCS A-10, and be in the same game as the other players. As long as that's the case, you can make any radio channel configuration that you want in order to set up comms. I'm not familiar with LoATC (I have had precious little multiplayer experience with Lomac), so hopefully that answers your question.

.....hope ed add this into the final product

You're overlooking the Export.LUA elephant in the room :book:

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

If TARS core (which is the component that uses Export.lua) were integrated into the final product, you wouldn't need Export.lua. But, it makes more sense to have TARS seperate because not everyone is going to want to use TARS and shouldn't be forced to. Plus, TARS will be updated far more frequently. Nope, this is a free mod/plugin that is distinct from the games it works with and it ought to stay that way.

• Like 2

I would advise that you guys download the current Teamspeak 3 build now, (Beta 36) because that's what TARS will run on when it comes out. If you don't have it already, the 64 bit or 32 bit version will work (either one). Just get it in case a new beta appears in the near future.

Quick question. I can only find Beta30 for the server version of TS3, is that Ok??? Beta36 its only available as the client version.

Or maybe Im wrong and the plugin will run on the client side?

(EDIT: Just answer my own question)

• TARS is planned around a client based architecture, with no need to install extra software or otherwise modify the Teamspeak 3 server where you play.

Thanks for an amaizing job!!!!!!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by ECV56_Finger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for an amaizing job!!!!!!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Well, you're welcome but I haven't given you anything yet! Let's keep in mind, guys, we're still in beta--in fact, this week we are transitioning right out of alpha and it will be v1.0.0 beta 1 that the community will get. So, there will undoubtedly be bugs and other issues to fix that can only be discovered through wider use.

Headspace... you've got us all frothing over this. When's it coming? LOL. Seriously, thanks for putting something like this together. And remind me if I ever need someone to market something, to give you a look first.

I'm going to do my best to get it to all of you by tomorrow. We're planning on doing a final shakedown of the Beta candidate tonight. And as an extra reminder, download beta 36 of the Teamspeak 3 client because you will need it.

Edited by Headspace
  • Like 1

I'm totally ready to download this! It just sucks that most of you will probably get it before me, since it's already 8pm my time, and the wife doesn't like it when I stay up late to play games, lol

• Like 1

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I'm going to do my best to get it to all of you by tomorrow. We're planning on doing a final shakedown of the Beta candidate tonight.

:joystick: Can't wait! :fear::bye_3:

kind regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TARS 1 Beta Released

emot-frogsiren.gif Attention!

Please read the TARS manual and associated online documentation before testing the beta! The TARS website is now live, and houses all of the relevant documentation. You also get a manual (PDF) installed alongside the TARS control panel.

I hope everyone enjoys this mod. Once again, it's beta 1 so there's sure to be bugs that the community finds. There's a handy bug reporting form that I set up to make life easier for all of us.

Finally, there will be a mirror in the file exchange once it gets moderator approval.

Enjoy the mod!

• Like 1

Thanks for all the hard work Headspace. DLed now and can't wait to take a look at it.

My PC:

CPU: Intel Core i7 950 Quad Core @ 3.07 GHz

RAM: 12GB Corsair Dominator DDR3

GPU: EVGA GTX 580 Black Ops Edition

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Cougar

Track IR v4

Well, you're welcome but I haven't given you anything yet!

Now I can say it, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS AMAIZING JOB!!!!! (Im not yelling, just very excited after we tried it!)

We just made a quick try with some friends (its past midnight here in Argentina) and everything worked like a charm!!! Of course it was three planes in the tarmac going:

"can you hear me now?"

"check"

"can you hear me?"

" "

"ok, Im back in UHF"

"talk to me so I can try the volume thing"

"Hotel Sierra, the volume actually works!!!" :megalol::thumbup:

but it was worthwhile! I think this will be a must for anyone trying to fly as real as possible.

Again, congratulations and thanks for sharing this with the community! We will be testing the hole thing in depth probably during the weekend, so I will let you know if we find some bugs!

PS: The "radio effect":thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Headspace - Any recommendations for how to bind this stuff to the joystick? It seems like we got a bunch of keys to worry about now:

In-game UHF menu

In-game VHF AM menu

In-game VHF FM menu

TeamSpeak select radio 1

TeamSpeak select radio 2

TeamSpeak select radio 3

TeamSpeak PTT

Any way to combine these functions smartly?

Tim "Stretch" Morgan

72nd VFW, 617th VFS

Other handles: Strikeout (72nd VFW, 15th MEU Realism Unit), RISCfuture (BMS forums)

PC and Peripherals: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/RISCfuture/saved/#view=DMp6XL

Win10 x64 — BMS — DCS — P3D

Stretch:

During testing I kept those two separate. If you want, you can bind them to the same key and it will work, but if you want to talk to teammates you'll end up seeing the radio menu.

If you have a joystick profile that can send keys, I'd send the control key (or whatever key you want) 0.2 seconds or so before the PTT key. That should be enough time for TARS to update what radio you're using. You can experiment--that's what the beta is for. I'd be interested in seeing what works (and doesn't work) for everyone so that the next release can be improved.

Keep in mind that it's unlikely-particularly in a smaller game-that all three radios are going to be on and in use with TARS constantly. So chances are you're not going to be using all six of those keys.

Now I can say it, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS AMAIZING JOB!!!!! (Im not yelling, just very excited after we tried it!)

You're welcome. Just don't come after me when you end up trapped in your burning plane and no one can hear you because your radios are disabled. That happened to me last night. :pilotfly:

Edited by Headspace