Apache:Air Assault

Mnemonic

SimHQ did a nice little write-up on this.......

http://www.simhq.com/_air13/air_459a.html

Nice short review :)

Except:

You'll take a lot of damage, and eventually crash. On the lower levels you have quite a few number of re-spawns, but on veteran mode you only have one. I think you shouldn't have any.

You don't have any re-spawns on veteran level :)

Are there any X-52 pro profiles that I can use? I can't waste my time from A-10C on configuring this game.

Nah, you don't need one. There are only a few buttons you will actually use. Just make sure you do not have Cougar MFDS hooked up if you have them, or the game will not read your X52 button presses.

I had to skip the Sharks In The Water mission. Talk about being frek'n frustrated :mad: Here is a video of some game play for those who have not seen it yet. The video might still be processing if it does not show up.

Edited by DJ_J3ff

• 11 months later...

Hi...

I've met this game before DCS:BlackShark. And I played Comanche4 etc. heli games. At first look, I fell in love with Apache (a few years ago - I don't remember). It has amazing graphics, sounds. Especially, did you hear the rotor and blades' sound (air impact at low frequencies) when you zoom in the rotor area (ext. view)? It has amazing light and scenery work and good damage textures. An explosion in short range can shake you sharply. But that's not good; the sound of explosion in long distance must be heard a few milisecconds later, you know. But you can hear it instantly...

Obviously, we have learned how to fly a heli, what APU is, what Engine Governor etc. with DCS. So, Apache's realism doesn't satisfy. Since have met DCS:BlackShark, I've been annoying the lifting off by pressing Space button in Apache. Overall, Apache is worth to play, of course!.

Here some screenshots.

By the way, I don't want to be misunderstand. Apache's good grapchics has a cost indeed. No skin, no modify grapchics or scripts etc., no mission editor, no advanced damage model, no realistic and dynamic cockpit usage or no mods!... So, DCS:BS still rocks!

devrim_apache-air-assault_ss-01.jpg

devrim_apache-air-assault_ss-02.jpg

devrim_apache-air-assault_ss-03.jpg

devrim_apache-air-assault_ss-04.jpg

devrim_apache-air-assault_ss-05.jpg

devrim_apache-air-assault_ss-06.jpg

devrim_apache-air-assault_ss-07.jpg

devrim_apache-air-assault_ss-08.jpg

devrim_apache-air-assault_ss-09.jpg

Sorry for probable English grammer mistakes. :)

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Sure, AAA graphics are top notch and I had some nice moments with that game. Though, it`s a still borne. Dev´s are busy with there other games. No one knows if the bugs will be ironed out in the future and if the Beta patch will become final some day?

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

Flash and Trash...... I like it. Sir I think you just started a trend.

• Like 1

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you crash into a tree at 100Mph does you helicopter get damaged

or

is it like BS where you can just fly through them ?

You can touch and fly through branches, but trunks are solid and you will crashin. Unfortunately enemys can look and shoot through the trees, like in DCS...

Yeah "flash and trash" category fit`s very well. I mean, there engine is very suitable for small areas. Absolutely sufficient for a helicopter game or simulation me thinks. If they only would like (and have the funding) to do a simulation instead of a arcade game.... They may work on a new Apache game (eventualy this time with playable copilot/gunner) after World of Planes and so on.

Edited by EagleEye

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

If you crash into a tree at 100Mph does you helicopter get damaged or is it like BS where you can just fly through them ?

Right, as EagleEye said, it's like BS.

And, damaging process isn't like BS. You can damage BlackShark by hitting the ground many times until explode or breakdown. But in AAA, this is very narrow (limited). You can blow it up surprizely. That's why mostly hard landing isn't tolerated. :)

I was playing AAA for softer graphics and nice sounds. But after BS's playability, functions and mods (skins and rotor sounds), I don't even install AAA today.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

Can any help with the guncam view

I use the middle mouse wheel to zoom in

Fine in normal black and white

But in flir it doesnt zoom as good?

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12

a thought, like flaming cliffs is to DCS, i would very much like to see a title from ED that concentrates on helicopters specifically in the same vain as flaming cliffs exists for the jet scene. just a light hearted heli combat sim with plenty variation on airframes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Thought this looks good for the kids to play in the PC simpit over chrissy. However, not very happy about the purchase options for this game, not keen to give my credit card details to a website ending in .ru all written in russian that I have no idea what it says..

any thoughts?

E-bay ?
Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

PayPal?