Apache:Air Assault

Mnemonic

All that matters is if you enjoy it sim or not. My question is: What is the replay value? How long does it take to beat the SP missions etc?

I like the look of it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

I think Mnemonic put it well:

So I guess for a black shark player, it's very arcade..

Unless you play Blackshark in arcade mode....then what would you call it :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Just got it too: Agree with Diveplane, a lot of fun and looks GREAT! but hardly a sim. Oh yeah, DOES recognize head tracking which is pretty awesome.

Still, my system can run this on full specs without ever dipping below 60fps, yet cant run a10c above 20fps.

Edited by ben1101

i5 4690K, GTX1070, 24GB 1800mhz, HP WMR, Custom FFB helicopter controls.

Just got it too: Agree with Diveplane, a lot of fun and looks GREAT! but hardly a sim. Oh yeah, DOES recognize head tracking which is pretty awesome.

Still, my system can run this on full specs without ever dipping below 60fps, yet cant run a10c above 20fps.

glad your having fun with it , mind dcs a10c is processing lots of hidden delight , realtime physics/ flight models/ avionics,

good news is more nice visuals are now appearing with the project, give it time we will see more

visual splendor in the dcs world.

So does this game reward playing hide&seek with the enemy, NOE flying, pop-up attacks, etc, or you just have to fly forward and blow stuff up? Most videos I've seen of it are people playing it like Extreme Assault, and not like Comanche 3. Seems like you can take quite some damage too.

So does this game reward playing hide&seek with the enemy, NOE flying, pop-up attacks, etc, or you just have to fly forward and blow stuff up? Most videos I've seen of it are people playing it like Extreme Assault, and not like Comanche 3. Seems like you can take quite some damage too.

When you go on veteran level against SAM's - you need to play hide and seek.

Also, dogfights on helicopters sometimes can make you sweat :)

Alright i caved in and ordered from Amazon yesterday. Way i figure, i've got his beast £300 new HOTAS and precisely 2.5 games to run on it, (BS, FC2, A-10 beta 4 when it comes out as 3 is borked and i cant be arsed with it crashing in every mission anymore and the "downtown athens" fog makes a mockery of my new GFX card and reminds me of the draw distance of TUROK on the bloody N64.....muttermutter).

Also, some 'sim-lite' shenanigans should be fun. :pilotfly:

Edited by coolts

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

Well, its a whole lot of, HEAD OVER HERE TEN SECONDS FROM WHERE YOU STARTED, fun as long as you dont take it, SHOOT THE FLASHING RED CURSOR ON THE SCREEN THEY ARE BAD GUYS, too seriously and treat it as a, DESTROY ENEMY CLOSE BUT IF YOU TRY AND SNIPE FROM MORE THAN ONE MILE AWAY YOU WILL BE TELEPORTED TO DIRECTLY OVER THE ENEMY LOCATION BUT THEY ARE DUMB THEY ARE BAD GUYS, console game and therefore a bit of, MISSION COMPLETE HERE ARE SOME ACHIEVEMENTS NEW SKIN, fun then you wont be dissapointed.

Those who go expecting, DEFAULT 3RD PERSON VIEW, blackshark with next gen graphics are in for a shock.

Fun game once you setup cockpit view, 'realistic mode', TrackIR and your HOTAS, and a nice distraction and a break from the effing BS trimmer :)

Oh, and you need to be online to login to game i think. No probs for us towny broadbanders, but if you are on hill in Wales........

Edited by coolts
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

Fun game once you setup cockpit view, 'realistic mode', TrackIR and your HOTAS, and a nice distraction and a break from the effing BS trimmer :)

But it became even more fun in "Veteran mode", but you need to finish up campaign mode on "Realistic" first .

In Veteran mode you need to land on FARPS for reloading your weapons and fix choppa. You also have only one life during mission. This does add whole new feeling to a game, much more fun to me :)

I'm, not knocking it. For what it is and what it does, it works well. There a lot of people on the yuplay forums ranting about "THIS IS NOT A SIM!!!".

Pointless really. My Warthog axis are mapped strangely in terms of calibaration. 100% collective seems to reset to centre, which can get you killed. Might be a patch issue as i doubt the devs tested on a warthog ;)

Its a great bash and i am enjoying it. Loud uncomplicated fun.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But it became even more fun in "Veteran mode", but you need to finish up campaign mode on "Realistic" first .

In Veteran mode you need to land on FARPS for reloading your weapons and fix choppa. You also have only one life during mission. This does add whole new feeling to a game, much more fun to me :)

Is there the same amount of enemy forces in veteran-mode?

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Is there the same amount of enemy forces in veteran-mode?

As far as I can tell - there are less enemy forces on veteran, feels a little more realistic.

You also can die only once, so tactics is also different, almost hide-and-seek style in some missions.

There a lot of people on the yuplay forums ranting about "THIS IS NOT A SIM!!!". Pointless really.

Yeah, lol :)

Its a great bash and i am enjoying it.

Me too!

Edited by Mnemonic

I really wish they had landings/takeoffs as part of the missions. I hated this about Wings of Prey as well. I don't mind a little pointless fun now and then, but for some reason landings and takeoffs are just PART of the process for me.

This game has caught my attention though...how is multiplayer? How is replayability?

As far as I can tell - there are less enemy forces on veteran, feels a little more realistic.

You also can die only once, so tactics is also different, almost hide-and-seek style in some missions.

Yeah, that makes sense, if you take mid-air reloading out.

I really wish they had landings/takeoffs as part of the missions.

As far as I saw, in some missions you can take off and land.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Yeah SOME missions, but some start in the air and that just bugs me (superficial I know...I don't know why).

It should just be an integral part of the mission...helicopters never really have to travel THAT far so taking off from a FARP could always be integrated. Landing and taking off though from an "action" standpoint are pretty dull for most players...and the map sizes in these types of games are never really THAT big.

They sure look pretty though and blow up real nice though ;)...

Nice vid Eagleye, I'm reading reviews on this and its funny how reviewers punish a score by saying "it's too difficult for the average gamer" ...... . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. .

Since when did learning how to be good at a game become a negative? In many ways that's the best part...learning. It's the best part of any superhero movie, any fantasy movie...learning and discovering are far more interesting than immediately blowing things up and beating the game in 4 hours.

• Like 2