51st Server: Back to the 80's!

Case

If you are unsure if ModMan is installing the right files, I suggest you manually replace your files with the files from the 51st forums. Each file in this thread specifies where it is located. I still suggest you back up your files before replacing them.

Wow, that was quite a handful but that did it :thumbup: I got accepted on the server. Nobody there now though, but thank you very much for your time and help!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that was quite a handful but that did it :thumbup: I got accepted on the server.
Great! Do you have any idea which file was the culprit?

Nobody there now though, but thank you very much for your time and help!
The server is usually quiet during European mornings, but people typically start to join around 1500Z and it tends to get busy near 2100Z. I hope to see you there soon. What name are you flying under?

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

• 4 weeks later...

And for the last week of February the missions on the 51st server are 80's style again.

The following weapons are restricted:

1. R-27ER
  2. R-27ET
  3. R-27EM
  4. R-77
  5. AIM-120B
  6. AIM-120C

All aircraft have default payloads that fit these restrictions. When rearming, make sure you load the allowed weapons.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

oh goodie! :)

BTW try running the last few days logs because the sats seem frozen for a few days now (probably GCI weekend trouble?)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

oh goodie! :)

BTW try running the last few days logs because the sats seem frozen for a few days now (probably GCI weekend trouble?)

Stats are fine, all events are/were recording since GCI weekend... have you looked at rules under missile quota perhaps? Because it seems you have been shooting 'blanks' for some time now as you have used up your allocated 120C quota ;)

Edited by Breakshot

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

Its well under the limits. isnt it 200 for each type?

this black hole in the weekend also includes some of the few kills I ever made with the sidwinder this month.

Edited by Pilotasso

My PC specs below:

• 2 months later...

51st PVO Regiment Server: Back to the 80's!

This week (May 16th to 23rd), the 51st PVO Regiment Server will go back to the 80's!

Our missions will be set during the 1980's, at a time when air-to-air fights were fought with medium ranged semi-active missiles such as the R-27R and the AIM-7. This week, you can test your skills against your opponents using R-27R's, R-27T's, R-73's, AIM-7's and AIM-9's. Players will not be allowed to use the E-versions (R-27ER, R-27ET, R-27EM), the R-77 or the AIM-120B or C.

Our missions will run special versions where the default payloads are adapted to fit the weapon restrictions. Players that violate the weapon restrictions will be automatically kicked from the server, but will be allowed to rejoin. Note that our stats page will keep track of all offenders.

Edited by Case

You forgot to change the dates Case ;)

:blush: Thanks HiJack!

Not the AIM-120B or AIM120C? No F-15 then?

No AIM-120B/C, R-27ER/ET/EM or R-77's allowed. This still gives the F-15 an edge over its competitors as the AIM-7 has longer range than the R-27R.

:blush: Thanks HiJack!

No AIM-120B/C, R-27ER/ET/EM or R-77's allowed. This still gives the F-15 an edge over its competitors as the AIM-7 has longer range than the R-27R.

hmm not by much. Both missiles are comparable. If you want to shoot under NEZ the margin of difference is very small between them.

In this scenario the flanker has better combat persistence than the eagle because it has more BVR missile hardpoints. The Eagle on the other hand still has better SA due to its TWS mode. These are the balancing trade-offs.

My PC specs below:

TWS can be used to monitor targets untill you decide to attack in STT mode.

In the F-15 you have altitude and direction. In the flanker there is less information available.

My PC specs below:

Ah ok. In flanker i can see your direction, distance and relative alt on beryoza. In tws mode i can see you on mfd too. And i have eos so watch your back :smilewink:

Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.2Ghz, 8GB Kingston HyperX @1.6GHz, Ati Radeon HD7870 2GB GDDR5, 19' 1440x900 screen

• 1 month later...

The drop for June may be explained by the 80's configuration; take away the slammers and the F-15 suddenly is a lot less appetizing.

Yep, me too! Thanks guys. For me the game feels the most 'balanced' with the 80's style weapon restrictions.

It's not supposed to feel balanced, it's suppose to be realistic. I'm not saying a change every now and then is not welcomed though.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED