Updated graphics from A-10C on Ka50?

Well....

High Dynamic Range (HDR)

Normal Maps

Cirrus cloud layer

3D and Transparent Water

Soft Shadows

Low Altitude Clutter

Will these nice additions be available for the Ka50 people through an update in near future?

...also, on the same note, when releasing (hopefully) more dcs editions in the future with updated graphics, are you planning to let the previously released dcs's be upgraded to that standard of graphics likewise?

:pilotfly:

From the A-10C FAQ that you can read here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=56699

Q: Will DCS: A-10C Warthog be online-compatible with DCS: Black Shark and Flaming Cliffs 2?

A: We hope to be able to release a compatibility patch for DCS: Black Shark after release. This would give Black Shark all the features of A-10C, except the flyable A-10C. Compatibility with FC2 is unlikely.

Now, please do remember that this is not set in stone. Like all things this is a statement om intent and what ED wants to do, but there's always the risk that reality would interfere.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Now, please do remember that this is not set in stone. Like all things this is a statement om intent and what ED wants to do, but there's always the risk that reality would interfere.

Fingers crossed their intentions will become realized some time early next year.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

From the A-10C FAQ that you can read here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=56699

Q: Will DCS: A-10C Warthog be online-compatible with DCS: Black Shark and Flaming Cliffs 2?

A: We hope to be able to release a compatibility patch for DCS: Black Shark after release. This would give Black Shark all the features of A-10C, except the flyable A-10C. Compatibility with FC2 is unlikely.

Sorry but compatibility is one of the cores of DCS series, as it's been mentioned long time ago. So I can't even imagine that various DCS series WON'T BE compatible each other. So what that statements as "We hope to be able to release a compatibility patch for DCS: Black Shark after release." for? Hope for not preparing to exit back doors.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Actually, they've been using that type of language on this topic for at least a year. And it's not about prepping back door exits, it's about recognizing that reality can throw curveballs and a lot does depend on how well things sell. There has to be enough available money to fund the time required to develop the compatibility patch.

I wouldn't worry about it. It's just that TFC/ED has learnt the hard way to only ever speak in certainty about things that are already done. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I've been thinking about the same thing as I'm preparing a DCS BS technology video. I may hold on to the on-paper scenario without gathering actual scenes until the compatibility patch is released. Tough decision. The perfect solution would be if one of the testers could render out the scenes from my BS 1.0.2 tracks...

F-4E Phantom module for sale -25% non-Steam

I've been thinking about the same thing as I'm preparing a DCS BS technology video. I may hold on to the on-paper scenario without gathering actual scenes until the compatibility patch is released. Tough decision. The perfect solution would be if one of the testers could render out the scenes from my BS 1.0.2 tracks...

I doubt that tracks won't get broken by the engine update. Although that is just speculation.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Actually, they've been using that type of language on this topic for at least a year. And it's not about prepping back door exits, it's about recognizing that reality can throw curveballs and a lot does depend on how well things sell. There has to be enough available money to fund the time required to develop the compatibility patch.

I wouldn't worry about it. It's just that TFC/ED has learnt the hard way to only ever speak in certainty about things that are already done. :P

I understand, what I meant is that I didn't understand how they could say they "hope" to make compatibility patch for BS, if DCS is platform for all planes in series linked together - you know what I mean I see that obvious all series have to be linked to each other.

There has to be enough available money to fund the time required to develop the compatibility patch.

Yes I get it, it needs some resources ect, however I see that as part of game which simply can't be not done. So "hope" is not necessary here :)

Heh I'm not picking every word, just that sentence catched my eye :D

Can't wait BS with A10 Graphics, this will be brand new DCS BS :thumbup:

Yep, with new grass, speed feeling will be much better. Especially for choppers, ow yeah!

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Yep, with new grass, speed feeling will be much better. Especially for choppers, ow yeah!

I don't like the grass so much, in fact I don't use it. HDR is a good addition IMO. It is good implemented. Not just eyecandy but it really blends you in the cockpit.

edit: and streetlamps yes! thx Miro.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Problem with grass is - grass visible only on few meters not 500 like in options. When You fly kamov fast Your eye is bit shaked when 1 second earlier BMB stay on field, and now in grass. Or You hunting single soldier.

When grass distance will be 500m in fact, You easier remember where this soldier stands, 20-30 m grass distance only broke Your plan because when You planned soldier stands in field, much more visible.

I fear a update of DCS:BS will make an end to FC2+BS Multiplayer missions.

It's the two Su-25 variants that will be missed most in a overhauled DCS without FC2.

I fear that too :C

I wish DCS will be linked to LO.... A-10C together with Su-25T would do great team :)

ಠ_ಠ

I wonder if this would affect the sale of DCS A-10C if it's not compatible with other DCS models. I know I must likely will have second thoughts about getting it. I'll probably get it before it's out anyway though.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

There is no DCS without a compatibility. As far as I know I always considered the DCS Idea like a base engine you can buy compatible modules that can interact in a online enviroment... if this concept goes into to the bin now the idea and DCS is dead and I can go back to ArmA II where they managed this but with a low and generic simulation level.

No online compatibility - no DCS - no more need to buy it.

And it wold be still a shame to leave the first two AFM aircraft in the series behind.

• Like 3

There is no DCS without a compatibility. As far as I know I always considered the DCS Idea like a base engine you can buy compatible modules that can interact in a online enviroment... if this concept goes into to the bin now the idea and DCS is dead and I can go back to ArmA II where they managed this but with a low and generic simulation level.

And it wold be still a shame to leave the first two AFM aircraft in the series behind.

Completely agree.

ಠ_ಠ

I think at the moment ED tries to improve the "base" of the game (graphic engine, map extended to east, improve the map and object quality, weather, etc.) and once it will be "stable" and with less bugs, ED will begin to focus on new planes modules.

Also, why do we have separate folders for BS and the A10C ? I think it would be more logical if we had one main game directory on the harddrive and a "\Aircraft\A10C" and "\Aircraft\Ka-50" directories inside. And so when the game engine is updated, the update implies both games in the same time ?

Isn't DCS:A10C made from the work done on the DCS:KA50 ?

(Don't see any offense in my writtings, they are just curious questions)

L'important n'est pas de tuer, mais de survivre.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you read this you are too curious

Completely agree.

i'm NEXT

+ for both but now i cannot add:mad:

But i think, sooner or later DCS will be compatible, i see how much Good Work ED make, i think to we should stay tuned for Compatibility Patch. All of us want this, ED Team too. Look when some of us want Streetlamps - ED Make it, and now night flying is Great!

Edited by Miro

C'mon guys, at a certain point you're just beating a dead horse. ED want to do this, they know the community wants it, they are going to do it unless they run into a major roadblock.

You all know this. Lamenting won't avert the possibility of roadblocks.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!