Beta 6 Coming Soon

hassata

Dont do it: I have it and you aint missing anything.

mower you seem to have a bad day?! come on it's friday :beer:

or are u serious?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MB: DFI Lanparty UT P35-T2R

CPU: Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 @ 3,6 GHz @ 1,328V

VGA: MSI GTX460 HAWK @ 850/1700/1000 MHz

MFCD: Eizo S2231 22" S-PVA

RAM: A-Data Vitesta 2 x 2048 MB @ 960 MHz

FLT EQPM: Saitek X-52 Pro, TrackIR 5

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You did not pay for the beta. You pre-ordered the release version of the game.

Access to Open Beta codes is a bonus - a sort of "thankyou for pre-ordering".

Ya that's what i meant. I paid for the pre-purchase to get access to pre- release beta versions that will be updated approximately every 2 weeks.

The only thing that is bothering me is Ed hasn't said anything about the progress lately.

Ya people want to know whats going on and they should. They have put there $60.00 into it already.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 Monitors, 5 Video Cards, 90inch Flat Screen, Intel Bad Ass 2 @ 72.6Ghz, Atari Hotas!!!

You did not pay for the beta. You pre-ordered the release version of the game.

Access to Open Beta codes is a bonus - a sort of "thankyou for pre-ordering".

That is just a matter of semantics. Dont want to be an a$$hat but who is going to hand over his cash in return for nothing. Preorders always come with something to return the favor and are also cancellable. Especially since it is a digital download release and there is no rational reason to prepurchase such a product because availability on release is unlimited.

Since this (cancel option) is not the case for A-10c prepurchase I cannot consider it a prepurchase but instead consider it a purchase of early code which is promised to be finished at some point in the future. For playing the beta I activate my key and lose right to cancel or resell, ie I did in fact pay for the beta.

In my opinion the prepurchase story is just a way to release a product that isnt finished yet but calling it like this there is no hard requirement to release regular patches because ED can now say we only purchased the final product and not the beta.

Of course I like the way ED has done this so I can enjoy the product now but I still see it as above. If I am wrong then please enlighten me as to what would be the difference between it being a prepurchase of gold version to be released at some point in the future versus purchase of early code to be finished at some point in the future. I dont see it. :joystick:

• Like 2

I7920/12GBDDR3/ASUS P6T DELUXE V2/MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G /WIN 10 Ultimate/TM HOTAS WARTHOG

I think we're all just too excited to get our hands on the next beta, so excited that it sounds as if we're not greatful to be able to help test the betas.

I personaly hope the next beta will come out soon, but if not it could only mean that ED is trying to make it even better. I highly doubt they are "keeping" it from us because they like to watch us have anxiety attacks. :)

from the first mention of a paid open beta

Sigh...

...why do we have to keep saying this? There is no such thing, nor have there ever been, a "paid open beta". There is the option of pre-ordering the product and as a thankyou you get a beta code.

Exactly how is this different to, say, the Bad Company 2 release? Call of Duty? And about five billion other titles? Where were the conspiracy theories then? Be careful or you might convince the people in charge that it's easier to just not have any pre-order option for the next product.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Be careful or you might convince the people in charge that it's easier to just not have any pre-order option for the next product.

No, only for the English ones, I dont see this measure of bitching in the Russian forums. ;)

• Like 1

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

It is ok no beta 6, but my second favorite shop called and said something arrived today. Off to the range tomorrow :). Seriously becasue this was moved to chit chat, it was ok to really go nuts here within reason of course, altho I have a feeling what Mower's wife has him wear to bed......

Bullet

I7 4790K running at 4390 with a gigabyte board with 16 gigs of ram with an Asus gtx 660-ti and 2 tb of hard drive space on 2 wd hard drives. A X-65F Hotas with trackir4 and pro combat peddles. A kick butt home built machine unfortunately running a windows 7 OS.

That is just a matter of semantics. Dont want to be an a$$hat but who is going to hand over his cash in return for nothing. Preorders always come with something to return the favor and are also cancellable. Especially since it is a digital download release and there is no rational reason to prepurchase such a product because availability on release is unlimited.

I pre-ordered Mass Effect 2 as a digital download because I knew I was going to buy it anyhow, so why not get that done with? That way, on release day, I could just click the "download" button right away and not worry about where my CC is.

Also, the notion that "pre-orders always come with something to return the favor" is just plain wrong. Log on to Steam.

Since this (cancel option) is not the case for A-10c prepurchase I cannot consider it a prepurchase but instead consider it a purchase of early code which is promised to be finished at some point in the future. For playing the beta I activate my key and lose right to cancel or resell, ie I did in fact pay for the beta.

What you consider it doesn't change what it is. ED offered something very specific on sale and that's what you accepted. Those who don't like what was offered are free to wait for the release. There's nothing complex in that.

In my opinion the prepurchase story is just a way to release a product that isnt finished yet but calling it like this there is no hard requirement to release regular patches because ED can now say we only purchased the final product and not the beta.

Wow.

Just wow. ;)

Just go up on Steam, look through the back catalog of releases there. See how ED actually waited until it was pretty much the last actor in the computer entertainment market to not offer a pre-order. Go to Electronic Arts and their stores. Or Blizzard. Or pretty much any developer or publisher in the universe.

To put it quite simply: the thing that you think is extraordinary is about as common as nitrogen in the atmosphere.

Of course I like the way ED has done this so I can enjoy the product now but I still see it as above. If I am wrong then please enlighten me as to what would be the difference between it being a prepurchase of gold version to be released at some point in the future versus purchase of early code to be finished at some point in the future. I dont see it. :joystick:

The difference is simple.

In actual reality, what is stated on the purchasing page is the following:

"Pre-purchase of "DCS: A-10C Warthog" also provides access to Beta versions of the game."

also, from the press release:

"DUXFORD, UK, October 4, 2010 – The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics now offer “DCS: A-10C Warthog” as a digital download pre-purchase of the completed game for $59.99. Pre-purchase also provides access to pre-release Beta versions of the title."

So, note how it did not say:

"Buy the beta for 59.99."

Quite simply: this is just silly.

Anyways, drop that whole thing. It doesn't jive with the facts, and it takes time from both our flying to argue about it. Just read what it actually says and understand it as what the words on the screen say. Not your own interpretations. Just exactly as written. Then you'll find yourself much less confused. End of discussion.

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

just a NEWS update would be nice not when it's coming out but just whats happening, no news is good news so they say but this is getting very boring, supposed to me early January and it's now 3/4 of the way throgh Febuary. it sucks

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

Meh, Gobes your post gave me a headache, I'd rather hear about Todd'd pms-ing wife. :D

That one works wonderful on arrogant chicks. When they do the hand thing or something equal, just stare at them and ask: PMS? :D

Works everytime. Use at own risk though :music_whistling:

• Like 1

I7920/12GBDDR3/ASUS P6T DELUXE V2/MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G /WIN 10 Ultimate/TM HOTAS WARTHOG

That one works wonderful on arrogant chicks. When they do the hand thing or something equal, just stare at them and ask: PMS? :D

Works everytime. Use at own risk though :music_whistling:

My wife cleans her guns when she's PMSing...you do the math.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

just a NEWS update would be nice not when it's coming out but just whats happening, no news is good news so they say but this is getting very boring, supposed to me early January and it's now 3/4 of the way throgh Febuary. it sucks

No, what sucks is me spending time on this instead of flying. :P

So here's some news: Beta 6 is not released yet. Please enjoy Beta 4 for a while longer - your GAU-8 is feeling lonely. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Wow.

Just wow. ;)

Didnt want to start endless arguments on this ;)

Personally I think all prepurchases are crap deals except for this one so I dont think its bad and i didnt imply that either.

About steam and all that, as a economic entity it just doesnt make sense. when I go to my gaming store and "prepurchase" something, they call it a reservation and I dont have to pay in advance, I pay on release date. Agree, case closed. Just didnt say anything shocking today yet.

I usually do that when I am with my family but today I couldn't because my sister just told me I am going to be an uncle again and the first one is only 8 months old. :D :D :D Looks like she is well on schedule for her module deployment ;)

:beer:

Meh, Gobes your post gave me a headache, I'd rather hear about Todd'd pms-ing wife. :D

The wife's not really the problem; it's the not being able to drink beer until tomorrow because that damned diet! That would make the wife much more tolerable.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time to disperse people! No more Hasselhoff pictures to see, he's too drunk to make another appearance.

I'm going to grab a bite to eat before my next sortie...

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm