iControl DCS (Another iPad pit)

iControl DCS (Another iPad pit)  

222 members have voted

1. 1. iControl DCS (Another iPad pit)

• Hell yeah!
    • Nah, TouchIR stuff is good enough

How to prepare iControl DCS for use with open beta

Create following file: C:\Users\[yourname]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Export.lua

Content of the file:

Code:

dofile(".\\A10VCServer\\Main.lua") --A10VCHook

Or just copy the file from C:\Users\[yourname]\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua to the above folder in case you are using it for 1.2.6 already

This is soution provided by nigglascage

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Create following file: C:\Users\[yourname]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Export.lua

Content of the file:

Code:

dofile(".\\A10VCServer\\Main.lua") --A10VCHook

Or just copy the file from C:\Users\[yourname]\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua to the above folder in case you are using it for 1.2.6 already

This is soution provided by nigglascage

Figured that out a while back, as I dont have a /DCS/ Folder, As I Moved it elsewhere, and noticed I had one after installing the scripts, and that it only had the export file in it.

Moved the scripts and voila.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 5 weeks later...

I have just got back into A10 after a long leave of absence and have finally got things running correctly again. I would really like to see an update that improves the radio selection system.

Fingers crossed for an update soon. ( Though I do appreciate that the continual changing of how systems work in DCS must make it very challenging / to say nothing of frustrating - to keep on top of ...)

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

I have just got back into A10 after a long leave of absence and have finally got things running correctly again. I would really like to see an update that improves the radio selection system.

Fingers crossed for an update soon. ( Though I do appreciate that the continual changing of how systems work in DCS must make it very challenging / to say nothing of frustrating - to keep on top of ...)

Could you elaborate a bit on what you'd like to see?

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

A10 Virtual Cockpit Free - Free limited functionality version of iControl DCS!

DCS Virtual Cockpit - Android version!

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news

Hi boarder2,

Well I would like to see something that allows the input of numbers to the various radios/TACAN/ILS controls to be altered so that their input is a lot more straight forward.

Currently it tries to replicate the actual input a little too literally, which is a neat idea but leaves me endlessly trying to roll my finger round and round in circles like a demented tv studio floor manager, then having to reverse the direction when it over shoots ( or as a consequence of the current state of the game - having the numbers jump about all over the place. )

It might be easier if the icontrol representation of each instrument was larger ( as it is very fiddly ) but tbh I think its the fact that flick / pinch / stroke gestures don't work that well with this type of control input. I find it bad enough on a 23" touch screen using HELIOS, let alone a 10" Ipad with the 5 nav instruments represented on the one page along with the warning lights panel and weapons arming panel.

I would like to see something that may not actually replicate the real world instruments, but accurately and quickly allows the user to input the desired radio frequency. Taping each knob/dial rather than flick up and down. Disadvantage would be that you would have to cycle through all numbers - 0 to 9 - should you over shoot. But at least it would be a simple tap tap tap.

Alternatively, you could have a keypad come up. Say for example you wish to select an ILS station. You simply tap the ILS control box to make it the live input. ( Signified by a colored border )

A keyboard pops up on screen and you put in the required digits... 1 - 0 - 9 . 9 - 0, then hit "select" or "OK" ( or similar ). This keypad could also have a volume "+" and "-" and a power on / off button. Basically you control all the inputs on the one keypad. Once your done hit "set" and the input is er... input. :music_whistling:

You would also need a "del" key in case you input the wrong number.

Once you input the selection the keypad disappears retaining the realistic representation of the instruments.

Sorry for the long post, but you did ask :D

Hope it makes sense!

Cheers

Edited by Ratcatcher

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

• 4 months later...
Hi boarder2,

Well I would like to see something that allows the input of numbers to the various radios/TACAN/ILS controls to be altered so that their input is a lot more straight forward.

Currently it tries to replicate the actual input a little too literally, which is a neat idea but leaves me endlessly trying to roll my finger round and round in circles like a demented tv studio floor manager, then having to reverse the direction when it over shoots ( or as a consequence of the current state of the game - having the numbers jump about all over the place. )

It might be easier if the icontrol representation of each instrument was larger ( as it is very fiddly ) but tbh I think its the fact that flick / pinch / stroke gestures don't work that well with this type of control input. I find it bad enough on a 23" touch screen using HELIOS, let alone a 10" Ipad with the 5 nav instruments represented on the one page along with the warning lights panel and weapons arming panel.

I would like to see something that may not actually replicate the real world instruments, but accurately and quickly allows the user to input the desired radio frequency. Taping each knob/dial rather than flick up and down. Disadvantage would be that you would have to cycle through all numbers - 0 to 9 - should you over shoot. But at least it would be a simple tap tap tap.

Alternatively, you could have a keypad come up. Say for example you wish to select an ILS station. You simply tap the ILS control box to make it the live input. ( Signified by a colored border )

A keyboard pops up on screen and you put in the required digits... 1 - 0 - 9 . 9 - 0, then hit "select" or "OK" ( or similar ). This keypad could also have a volume "+" and "-" and a power on / off button. Basically you control all the inputs on the one keypad. Once your done hit "set" and the input is er... input. :music_whistling:

You would also need a "del" key in case you input the wrong number.

Once you input the selection the keypad disappears retaining the realistic representation of the instruments.

Sorry for the long post, but you did ask :D

Hope it makes sense!

Cheers

This is exactly the kind of thing I'm experimenting with in the Android app. If I get something that works better, I'll do my best to port it back to the iOS app as well.

Unfortunately I don't think there's a way to tell the sim to just "tune to frequency XXX.XX". If anyone knows different, let me know!

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

Someone knows how to return DCS to full screen?

I deleted "DCS Vitual cockpit server" but i can´t see DCS in full screen.

I tried reinstalling DCS but nothing. :(

best regards :pilotfly:

You can't run the simulator in full screen mode while using iControl DCS or it can't capture the exported displays.

If you're having a different problem, please open a support ticket by clicking the Support tab on the left side of http://bit-shift.com/icontroldcs/index.html

Thaks for your answer boarder2,

I don't have nothing nothing installed about DCS virtual cockpit, but i can´t see full screen.

Make sure the "Full screen" option is checked in the sim settings. If that doesn't help, this thread is probably not the right place to troubleshoot your issue since it doesn't seem to have anything to do with iControl DCS.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I know I'm being stupid, but I am having rather huge problems with DCS Virtual Cockpit and multiple monitors. I have a 3 monitor setup, each display is 1920x1080. In addition, I am running a Nexus 7 v2 as a 4th additional monitor via Air Display.

My issue is that I am able to export the MFCDs, but they're not displaying the actual display. I get that this needs to be somewhere on the screen, and it works if I am running A-10C on a single monitor with the MFCDs on the screen, but any combination that involves having a proper triple monitor setup seems to break either the export or the view on the main monitors. I'm fairly certain it has to do with my inability to correctly map the coordinates of the panels, but I am stuck. Could anybody help? The coordinates of my monitors are as follows:

0,0 (main monitor - which I gather have to be the leftmost - should ideally show the left part of the cockpit / windows)

0;-1232 (Nexus - placed above the main monitor in windows)

1920;0 (second monitor, the middle one (where I want the main cockpit view)

3840;0 (third monitor, the rightmost (where I want to view the right part of the cockpit / windows).

Any suggestions for my lua file? I've tried both the default "3 monitor" setup in DCS Options, as well as the A-10c Virtual Cockpit setup.

Lua file:

--***DO NOT MODIFY THESE COMMENT LINES***

--A10CVirtualCockpitServer v0.0.0.0

--LOCATION Config\MonitorSetup

--HOOKTO

--Monitor lua

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('A-10C Virtual Cockpit Server');

Description = 'Setup for A-10C Virtual Cockpit Server MFCD and CDU Exports.'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.7777777777777777777777777778;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = -6;

y = -6;

width = 312;

height = 312;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 796;

y = 151;

width = 312;

height = 312;

}

CDU_EXPORT =

{

x = 1303;

y = 311;

width = 280;

height = 180;

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

Hi. I know I'm being stupid, but I am having rather huge problems with DCS Virtual Cockpit and multiple monitors. I have a 3 monitor setup, each display is 1920x1080. In addition, I am running a Nexus 7 v2 as a 4th additional monitor via Air Display.

There's no need to run Air Display if you're using DCS Virtual Cockpit for Android. Instead, follow the video here (

) to set up VC Server on your PC and then make sure the sim is using the A-10 Virtual Cockpit monitor profile and not running in full screen mode.

If you have any more questions, feel free to open a ticket by clicking the Support tab on the left side of the screen at http://bit-shift.com/icontroldcs/index.html

There's no need to run Air Display if you're using DCS Virtual Cockpit for Android. Instead, follow the video here (
) to set up VC Server on your PC and then make sure the sim is using the A-10 Virtual Cockpit monitor profile and not running in full screen mode.

If you have any more questions, feel free to open a ticket by clicking the Support tab on the left side of the screen at http://bit-shift.com/icontroldcs/index.html

The problem is that what is shown in that video only sets up one monitor, with MFCDs on screen. That's not what I want.

The problem is that what is shown in that video only sets up one monitor, with MFCDs on screen. That's not what I want.

For multiple displays, just drag the "Main Cockpit" area to fill all of your displays.

For multiple displays, just drag the "Main Cockpit" area to fill all of your displays.

What is.. I don't even - that is just so easy that I'm so embarrased that I am going to buy the iPad version in addition to the Android version I already have... :blush: Thanks a bundle mate. It turns out that Air Display isn't a good way to to it, since it lags my system out, so still haven't found a way in Win 8 to trick Windows into having a fourth "virtual" display to hide the MFCDs. Oh well.

Any experiences with running both the iPad and the Android version at the same time?

What is.. I don't even - that is just so easy that I'm so embarrased that I am going to buy the iPad version in addition to the Android version I already have... :blush: Thanks a bundle mate. It turns out that Air Display isn't a good way to to it, since it lags my system out, so still haven't found a way in Win 8 to trick Windows into having a fourth "virtual" display to hide the MFCDs. Oh well.

Any experiences with running both the iPad and the Android version at the same time?

Yeah, unfortunately Windows 8 changed the way virtual displays work so the Mirage driver everyone had been using doesn't work any more :(

Should work fine with both iPad and Android at the same time! Enjoy!

Good stuff. Too bad iPad generation 1 isn't supported :/ (well, without jailbreaking - or at all?)

Yeah, I believe Apple requires iOS 6 as the minimum for all new App Store submissions, so that leaves original iPad users in the dark unfortunately :(

Yeah, unfortunately Windows 8 changed the way virtual displays work so the Mirage driver everyone had been using doesn't work any more

There is a mirror driver resident in Windows 8, don't know if this is suitable as an alternative.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/windows/hardware/ff568315(v=vs.85).aspx

And Demoforge confirmed:-

Hi Dave

No, Windows 8 natively provides almost the same that DFMirage does for Windows 7 (and earlier).

Edited by tommytank

• 4 weeks later...

I have the Cougar MFD's that I use connected to a second monitor with the mfcd screens exported to them.

I would love to use iControl to export the cdu only.

Is this possible?

I downloaded the free version to my iPad mini and tried to work it out but the mfd's were always black no matter where I put the mfd screens in the server setup.

Win 10 64bit; 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ram; ASUS MoBo; 1TB SSD;Intel i7 8700K; GTX 1080ti 11GB; Thrustmaster Warthog;Odyssey + VR

I have the Cougar MFD's that I use connected to a second monitor with the mfcd screens exported to them.

I would love to use iControl to export the cdu only.

Is this possible?

I downloaded the free version to my iPad mini and tried to work it out but the mfd's were always black no matter where I put the mfd screens in the server setup.

Yep, it should work. You do have to run the sim in windowed mode, not fullscreen in order for the server to be able to grab the exported pieces, though.

Yep, it should work. You do have to run the sim in windowed mode, not fullscreen in order for the server to be able to grab the exported pieces, though.

thanks for the reply...I figured it out!!

I had to combine the edits your Virtual Server makes to the lua file with the edits the Easy Monitor Configurator makes.

Once combined, it works perfectly!

You can disregard the email I sent you with all the pics.

Thanks!

Win 10 64bit; 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ram; ASUS MoBo; 1TB SSD;Intel i7 8700K; GTX 1080ti 11GB; Thrustmaster Warthog;Odyssey + VR

• 7 months later...

MFD's Not Displaying

Hey All

I stupidly left my second monitor running in 'extended desktop' mode while I set up the app subsequently the right MFD won't align correctly but more importantly neither MFD will display on the IPAD even though the main panel will and works 100%.

I've removed the 2nd monitor, deleted the DCS World monitor profile called 'DCS Virtual Server' as well as removing the actual program from Windows with no success.

Whats also strange is how the app keeps changing my in-sim resolution, aspect AND turns off full screen mode!

Can anyone advise me as to what I'm doing wrong? DO I need to delete a registry entry as well?

Thanks in advance

edit, okay, I have successfully got the two mfd's to display (no-one told me that the sim has to run in windowed mode!) anyway, the lft MFD displays perfectly, however, the right MFD refuses to align to a 4k monitor correctly, the best I can do is get it to display just to the right of the main HUD.

Edited by twobells

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rig: W10 PRO 64 bit, Intel 7700K, Asus Maximus IX Code, 32GB G-Skill Ripjaw DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 1TB M.2 970PRO SSD Primary HDD, 4TB Storage, TH Warthog, Oculus Rift, 27" Samsung 4k Display. 2x Wheel Stand Pro v2 (Hotas & Stick) + Warthog Stick Adaptor

There's another CDU app in the app store now

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dcs-a-10c-cdu-aap/id956722244?mt=8

although I do like icontrol better as it has more function this app is able to export the CDU display without a viewport active in the game. I like this because you get the green letters on a black background instead of the terrain behind the CDU display.

Could icontrol do something like this?

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

There's another CDU app in the app store now

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dcs-a-10c-cdu-aap/id956722244?mt=8

although I do like icontrol better as it has more function this app is able to export the CDU display without a viewport active in the game. I like this because you get the green letters on a black background instead of the terrain behind the CDU display.

Could icontrol do something like this?

Certainly is interesting. I'll take a look! Thanks for the heads up.