222 members have voted

1. 1. iControl DCS (Another iPad pit)

• Hell yeah!
    • Nah, TouchIR stuff is good enough

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently acquired iControl DCS and. It is absolutely fantastic.

I do have one small problem: I find it entirely impossible to accurately adjust radio freq. when I touch the knob, it advances 2-5 numbers at a time, and will only go forward. Is there any way to adjust the knobs for one-click-per-digit, like the way selector knobs and switches work?

Also, are there any plans for a KA-50 version? I would pay good money to have ABRISS, PVI, datalink, center console (weapons/shkval/hms controls) and targeting controls (the left knee panel) on iPad with the same fidelity as the A-10c controls

I do have one small problem: I find it entirely impossible to accurately adjust radio freq. when I touch the knob, it advances 2-5 numbers at a time, and will only go forward. Is there any way to adjust the knobs for one-click-per-digit, like the way selector knobs and switches work?

This is a problem I'm aware of. I believe it's an issue currently with Helios too. Haven't been able to fix it yet, but it's on the list of stuff to fix if it's possible. Something ED changed in a recent patch broke this. I'll have to see if it can be fixed or if it's a bug in the sim itself.

Also, are there any plans for a KA-50 version?

At the moment, I don't have plans for KA-50 or UH-1H, but it's also on the drawing board.

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

A10 Virtual Cockpit Free - Free limited functionality version of iControl DCS!

DCS Virtual Cockpit - Android version!

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news

Wanted to let everyone know that iControl DCS (iPad) and DCS VC (Android) are on sale this weekend, so get your exporting on!

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

Hi boarder2,

Been waiting for the discount for a long time but I haven't noticed any price drop on the Ipad version --not happy at all,

Used UK Appstore. Any idea why ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus PG279Q, i7-6700K, Nvidia GTX1080TI, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Pro Rudder Pedals, TIR5+Trackclip

Hi boarder2,

Been waiting for the discount for a long time but I haven't noticed any price drop on the Ipad version --not happy at all,

Used UK Appstore. Any idea why ?

There was a sale last week, should have been effective globally. Sorry if you missed it! :(

• 4 weeks later...

I still cannot find a solution to make this virtual monitor work with my GTX680 card. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone been able to make it work with a GTX680??

Thanks.

Any ideas on this one guys?

I still can't find a solution for a virtual monitor with this GTX680.

Originally Posted by alphatoomega viewpost.gif

With a bit of playing around I found that I could create a fake display to place the mfcds and cdu on. I got the info from this forum post http://superuser.com/questions/62051...second-monitor

first download install tightVNC http://www.tightvnc.com/download.php

Then download install this demoForge driver http://www.demoforge.com/dfmirage.htm

Right click on desktop and go to Screen resolution then press detect. Hopefully it should detect another monitor that you can force on using vga. You can then extend your desktop onto the new monitor.

I haven't fully tested this method but I got it working on both my main desktop computer and laptop (both using an AMD graphics card).

I was then able to set a-10c and iControl to use the extra space with a bit of trial and error.

Hi All,

I just can't get this virtual display to work for my Nvidia GTX 680 card. I had no problem getting the virtual display working with my ATI card before I upgraded my PC.

I have installed tightVNC and the demoForge driver wich seem to be working, but when I click the "Detect" button under the screen resolution, nothing at all happens. Just my main monitor is identified with no changes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've spent most of the morning trying to find a solution.

I still cannot find a solution to make this virtual monitor work with my GTX680 card. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone been able to make it work with a GTX680??

Thanks.

Same here with GTX770 and latest nVidia drivers.

Disregard. Got it working.

Are there any plans to increase the displays for Android? Radio stacks would be great.

Edited by Archaic

i7 - 9700k | EVGA 1080Ti | 32 DDR4 RAM | 750w PS | TM Warthog HOTAS/X-55 | Track IR 5 |

I use use he cdu in portrait mode without issues.o nice you have pressed the iControl logo on your ipad, press the X I the top left corner, once the main dashboard comes up a 2 finger sideswipe to the right is all is needed. Unless you have different issue.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Thanks, Mr Mojo for the reply.

Though I've tried swiping through all the iControl screens and rotating the iPad into portrait orientation, making sure the rotation lock on the iPad is switched off, etc. The CDU page is always oriented in landscape with the CDU on the left side of the screen and the Steer PT and Steer Page dials on the right.

I am using an iPad 1st Gen. Maybe the portrait mode is limited to the iPad mini?

DCS Virtual Cockpit on Android Help

OK, before i go out and buy my own tablet I'm testing it on a borrowed tablet (nook).

So I Installed everything, Bonjour, Everything lights up green on the DCS Virtual Cockpit Server,

I have it to the point where the MFCDs broadcast the Image, while flying.

However No matter what button I press, Nothing on the Tablet interacts with the Sim other than the picture on the screen (OSBs buttons dont work, CDU Buttons dont work, etc etc)

If I try to change from MFCD+UFC to Left or Right MFCD Only the App Crashes (unless i close the server and change then re-start the server)

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Thats because new Windows 7/8 tablets the touch screen is a device of its own.

Old tablets and most touchscreens and overlays, just get your finger coordinates and then move the actual mouse to that location and tapping makes the mouse click.

In these new tablets the mouse is seperate from the touch, so if the game does not understand touch you need to use a mouse (but maybe there is an option to switch back to this mouse conversion mode).

I dont think you understand my problem,

regardless, I found Bitshift's official thread so I'm moving my post there for support.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Update, I got it, The Scripts was installing the Export.lua into the default /Saved Games/DCS/ Location which I dont use.

is there any updates on the Android side?

On a 7 Inch Tablet Dual MFD Mode is too small because of the UFC.

I'm getting a 9 Inch, but I dunno how well that will work.

Also, After I got everything to work, touching the drop menu and choosing another layout (ie from Dual to Single MFD) still caused it to Crash to the Android Screen.

Also, Is there a why I can adjust the Image on the MFDs?, I set it up to match Coordinates/Sizes of the Displays in my Monitor LUA but I still have a few PX around the sides of the image behind the displays (ground, etc).

If anything, this makes it easier for me to use the MFDs while flying, If I need to I'll still use the MFD's on my Monitors for TGP/MAV Targeting, but for changing settings, it's easier to press buttons.

Edited by SkateZilla

Update was approved today for 4.1. It fixes some issues people were having with iOS 7, radio frequency selection, and moves settings in-app.

Next update will probably be the big one with a new navigation mechanic other than swiping. No ETA on that since I haven't been able to successfully prototype anything that I'm happy with yet.

is there any updates on the Android side?

Most of the crashes I'm seeing are due to the low amount of memory Android allocates to processes. I am going to flip the flag that requests a larger memory heap in the next release. I didn't want to have to do that because it's "bad practice", but unfortunately we're just dealing with a LOT of data and running out of memory faster than we can free it.

If you use the server to configure the MFCD exports, it usually does a pretty good job at getting the coordinates right for where to pick things up. If you're hand editing files, all bets are off and you're on your own :)

Any ideas on this one guys?

I still can't find a solution for a virtual monitor with this GTX680.

Hi, had you had any luck with this?

I upgraded to a GTX680 a few months back and encountered the same problem; virtual display with all the gauges shifted to it worked fine up until then, now it doesn't.

Would really appreciate a solution if someone has one.

Hi Teviita,

Unfortunately no. I still haven't been able to get it working with my GTX680 like it was with my ATI card, or find a work around either. I haven't heard form anyone else who has got it working with a GTX6XX card. Very disappointing. I really liked using this app, especially for the CDU and radio stack.

Most of the crashes I'm seeing are due to the low amount of memory Android allocates to processes. I am going to flip the flag that requests a larger memory heap in the next release. I didn't want to have to do that because it's "bad practice", but unfortunately we're just dealing with a LOT of data and running out of memory faster than we can free it.

If you use the server to configure the MFCD exports, it usually does a pretty good job at getting the coordinates right for where to pick things up. If you're hand editing files, all bets are off and you're on your own :)

OK, it crashed on 2 different tablets when switching layouts, so yeah, prolly cheap tablet/Memory issue (1 was a $60 Generic Brand, the other was a Nook HD which is cripled unless used with N2A)

But ran fine on a laptop running Android Apps Via BlueStacks.

Even on the 9 Inch Tablet, the Displays are too small to really use for me. they active displays are like 2 inches by 2 inches

One thing I noticed is the lag/delay.

The delay was .5 up to a full second, even when Running a Laptop Connected through Cat5E with the host PC (no router, direct connection to My PC using 2nd GigaBit LAN Port).

The Program also says it's Slow and will use heavy compression when it's got a Gigabit connection.

I like the ability to have the displays and buttons readily available so I don't have to look down and press them using mouse.

But right now, cost for a tablet big enough to use this effectively is 3x the cost of just getting MFD Buttons and velcroing them to the side screens over top of the displays.

Edited by SkateZilla

One thing I noticed is the lag/delay.

It's really a lot more dependent on your Wireless network. If you're far away from your access point or you're on 802.11g instead of 802.11n, quality is definitely going to suffer. Same with running on an underpowered tablet. Decompressing images quickly can be fairly CPU intensive. Lastly, there's an option in the settings on the Android app to use a lower quality drawing method that will relieve some of the CPU/GPU strain on your tablet and might help get better frame rates.

Price wise, it's not for everyone for sure. If you're the kind of guy that's capable of strapping some buttons on a display and making that all work, it might not be for you :)

it's all good, I bought the MFD/UFCs ...

the Frame Rates are decent, it's just the input lag, takes some getting used to.

Is there a way you can re-arrange the MFD/UFC Screen to make the UFCs bigger on the tablet?