[How To] Export ALL Indicators like MFCD via ViewPorts

icemaker

OK well i fixed the dig clock, rwr, cmcs, now need to do the UHF, cmcp for the right panel for the chaff and flare, I'm using gadrocs panels but i modded the set up with panels from Cap loz, so i trying to fig out how to fix the prob with no display when i pull up the right panel from gadrocs just shows the view port, gonna work on this tonight when i get home from work but so far so good,, thank you all........

I can't seem to figure it out. I managed to get the RWR and UHF exported and in the right positions, but no luck with CMSC or CMSP. I don't understand how the coordinates for CMSC or CMSP are completely different from other systems like RWR. The CMSC is just a little to the right and above the RWR, but when I plug in those coordinates relative to the RWR, I get nothing.

I've tried randomly picking values for about 2+ hours and I get nothing. And yes, I am using the "new" style *_init.lua config that Icebraker figured out a few pages back. It just doesn't make any sense to me. It's like the way the game figures out the coordinates for the CMSC/CMSP are completely different than the UHF display, the digital clock, and the RWR.

I wish there were some way that I could know for sure that my problem is the wrong coordinates. Maybe the problem is with my CMSP_init.lua? But how would I figure that out? If I comment out the render_purpose.GENERAL argument to the purposes function, should that remove the CMSP from displaying in the virtual cockpit all together? At least that way I would know my CMSP_init.lua seems to be set up right.

On a side note, has anyone tried using the iControl DCS iPad app along with Helios? I'm using Gardoc's profile with Helios on a single 1920x1080 touchscreen, but I'd like to get the CDU exported to the iPad since there isn't a good place to export the actual CDU display in Gardoc's profile. I'm not sure how I could get these things working together though.

I can't seem to figure it out. I managed to get the RWR and UHF exported and in the right positions, but no luck with CMSC or CMSP. I don't understand how the coordinates for CMSC or CMSP are completely different from other systems like RWR. The CMSC is just a little to the right and above the RWR, but when I plug in those coordinates relative to the RWR, I get nothing.

I've tried randomly picking values for about 2+ hours and I get nothing. And yes, I am using the "new" style *_init.lua config that Icebraker figured out a few pages back. It just doesn't make any sense to me. It's like the way the game figures out the coordinates for the CMSC/CMSP are completely different than the UHF display, the digital clock, and the RWR.

I wish there were some way that I could know for sure that my problem is the wrong coordinates. Maybe the problem is with my CMSP_init.lua? But how would I figure that out? If I comment out the render_purpose.GENERAL argument to the purposes function, should that remove the CMSP from displaying in the virtual cockpit all together? At least that way I would know my CMSP_init.lua seems to be set up right.

On a side note, has anyone tried using the iControl DCS iPad app along with Helios? I'm using Gardoc's profile with Helios on a single 1920x1080 touchscreen, but I'd like to get the CDU exported to the iPad since there isn't a good place to export the actual CDU display in Gardoc's profile. I'm not sure how I could get these things working together though.

Bro, go back to post 144 download all the files also the one that says LOZ PROFILE you can use this as a ref, then install the lua files in the proper folders delete the orig or move them out of the file i had the same prob i just deleted the old files installed the new ones set the y and x cord for the monitor config when i get home tonight i'll upload the monitor cord for the cmsc to make it easy i set the touch screen for mouse put on Helios put a post it on the screen where the port is turn off the Helios set up and just kept adding more rez remember when you get to the view port its a little hear or there more to the right or down hight plus width......

Edited by HOP_TRIZZ
BRAIN FART....

Is it shown a clear area where the display should be without game running?

If it is the colour of background you may need to edit Gadrocs background with photoshop or gimp to cut a hole out to let display become visible. Displays will be hidden as Helios sits on top of them unless holes are cut out.

If you go to the monitor that has the Helios set up on it you can go to gadrocs backgrounds click on the file for background go to the images and pic the background file for gadroc CapLoz has the same thing just insert the back ground all ports are cut out if your making your own you'll have to use ms paint or PS to make new png background files......

Bro, go back to post 144 download all the files also the one that says LOZ PROFILE you can use this as a ref, then install the lua files in the proper folders delete the orig or move them out of the file i had the same prob i just deleted the old files installed the new ones set the y and x cord for the monitor config when i get home tonight i'll upload the monitor cord for the cmsc to make it easy i set the touch screen for mouse put on Helios put a post it on the screen where the port is turn off the Helios set up and just kept adding more rez remember when you get to the view port its a little hear or there more to the right or down hight plus width......

Thanks. Post 144 got me close enough to where I got things mostly back on track now. I think there was something wrong with my CMSC_init.lua file which that post help me correct. I'm not sure what it was though.

Hello to all,

Thank you for this informative thread. I have recently returned to BS after a couple year layoff and it is exciting to see the work that has been done.

I was able to use the info from this thread to stop displaying my ABRIS and Shkval in 3D, only displaying it my physical cockpit (2 monitor setup). As I look through the script folders, I note not all of them have *_init.lua files as the ABRIS and Shkval, therefore I can't get more viewpoints as you do in A10. Can I assume A10 is different than BS in this respect and not all cockpit elements have the needed files to edit?

Helios looks quite exciting and I plan to learn more about it very soon, so forgive me if the answer is found there. Just trying to get caught up and back into the swing. Please note I have only BS and not A10. I plan to buy A10 once the BS compatability patch is out.

My cockpit is coming along fine and I will add some new pics in the future.

Thanks in advance.

Hey JG,

DCS A-10C and BS are VERY similar and this technique should work.... except Black Shark does not clear it's backing buffer outside the main camera viewports. This means the text just draws over itself and is unreadable after a few frames. Hopefully this will be resolved when the BS / A-10 compatibility patch is released.

I see in the 1st post that the RWR does not show up with the rings etc,,, is this the case for everyone else? As you can see,, I dont have them either, no matter where I place it?

img1032rb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

If you looked at anyone elses exports without the Helios profile over the top, they would look the same. The rings have to be part of the RWR facia / panel.

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

Thanks, I have not seen any others except the one on the 1st page, and those that use Helios. Not having any real knowledge of Helios, is what your saying is, that for a standard configuration (such as mine, just a 2nd monitor) you can not incorporate the "RWR facia/panel" you mentioned,,, correct? Not a big deal if I cannot,,, was just wondering,,,, Thanks again

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

The exports, MFCDs, CDU, CMSP, CMSC, RWR, UHF Freq, UHF Repeater, UHF Preset Channel, and Digital Clock are all exported to another Monitor via the Monitor Setup .lua as a function of the Sim. Then you can overlay on that either with Helios or Hawgtouch the instruments, including the RWR facia that I mentioned along with just about everything else in the cockpit.

Have you been to the scsimulation.com to have a look? All the info is there. :smartass:

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

Thanks, not clear on what that all means but I will search for the info,,, out of the kazillion threads Ive read in here and via Google,,, Ive never seen the site "scsimulation.com" mentioned,,, matter of fact I tried to type it in as WWW.scsimulation.com and even Googled it and basically got this notice

Sorry, we can't find "scsimulation.com". We suggest that you check the spelling of the web address or search above.

Thanks for the feedback though,,,,

• Like 1

Thanks,,,,

• 2 weeks later...

hello!

i'm don't understand, how added to second sceen CMSC and CMSP?

All the others work, but this two not show!((

My *.lua files code:

SecondDisplays.lua

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('Second All Dispalys');

Description = 'Two monitor configuration';

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.77;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 1980;

y = 63;

width = 375;

height = 375;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 3401;

y = 63;

width = 375;

height = 375;

}

RWR_SCREEN =

{

x = 2448;

y = 124;

width = 237;

height = 237;

}

CMSP_SCREEN =

{

x = 3002;

y = 195;

width = 255;

height = 60;

}

CMSC_SCREEN =

{

x = 2769;

y = 145;

width = 233;

height = 59;

}

UHF_FREQUENCY_STATUS =

{

x = 2555;

y = 567;

width = 129;

height = 30;

}

UHF_PRESET_CHANNEL =

{

x = 2673;

y = 482;

width = 26;

height = 26;

}

UHF_REPEATER =

{

x = 2598;

y = 721;

width = 97;

height = 22;

}

DIGIT_CLOCK =

{

x = 2446;

y = 836;

width = 101;

height = 101;

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

CMSC_init.lua

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."devices_defs.lua")

indicator_type = indicator_types.COMMON

purposes = {render_purpose.GENERAL,

render_purpose.HUD_ONLY_VIEW,

render_purpose.SCREENSPACE_OUTSIDE_COCKPIT,

render_purpose.SCREENSPACE_INSIDE_COCKPIT}

local x_size = 1

local y_size = 1

function update_screenspace_diplacement(zoom_value)

local default_width = 0.5 * LockOn_Options.screen.height + (64 * zoom_value)

if default_width > LockOn_Options.screen.height then

default_width = LockOn_Options.screen.height

end

if default_width > 0.5 * LockOn_Options.screen.width then

default_width = 0.5 * LockOn_Options.screen.width

end

local default_height = (y_size/x_size) * default_width

local default_y = LockOn_Options.screen.height - default_height

local default_x = LockOn_Options.screen.width - default_width

dedicated_viewport = {default_x,default_y,default_width,default_height}

dedicated_viewport_arcade = {default_x, 0 ,default_width,default_height}

end

update_screenspace_diplacement(0)

function set_full_viewport_coverage(viewport)

dedicated_viewport = {viewport.x,

viewport.y,

viewport.width,

viewport.height}

dedicated_viewport_arcade = dedicated_viewport

render_purpose.SCREENSPACE_INSIDE_COCKPIT} -- set purposes to draw it always

render_target_always = true

end

-- try to find assigned viewport

local multimonitor_setup_name = "Config/MonitorSetup/"..get_multimonitor_preset_name()..".lua"

local env = {}

env.screen = LockOn_Options.screen

local f = loadfile(multimonitor_setup_name)

if f then

setfenv(f,env)

pcall(f)

local vp = nil

vp = env.CMSC_SCREEN

if vp ~= nil then

dbg_print("ok we have directly assigned viewport to MFCD\n")

set_full_viewport_coverage(vp)

end

end

opacity_sensitive_materials =

{

"font_CMS"

}

-------PAGE IDs-------

id_Page =

{

PAGE_NULL = 0,

PAGE_OFF = 1,

PAGE_MAIN = 2

}

id_pagesubset =

{

MAIN = 0

}

page_subsets = {}

page_subsets[id_pagesubset.MAIN] = LockOn_Options.script_path.."CMSC/indicator/CMSC_page.lua"

----------------------

pages = {}

pages[id_Page.PAGE_MAIN] = {id_pagesubset.MAIN}

init_pageID = id_Page.PAGE_MAIN

purposes = {render_purpose.GENERAL}

CMSP_init.lua

local x_size = 1

local y_size = 1

end

end

end

viewport.y,

viewport.width,

viewport.height}

end

local multimonitor_setup_name = "Config/MonitorSetup/"..get_multimonitor_preset_name()..".lua"

local env = {}

if f then

setfenv(f,env)

pcall(f)

local vp = nil

vp = env.CMSP_SCREEN

if vp ~= nil then

end

end

{

"font_CMSP"

}

-------PAGE IDs-------

id_Page =

{

PAGE_NULL = 0,

PAGE_OFF = 1,

PAGE_MAIN = 2

}

id_pagesubset =

{

MAIN = 0

}

page_subsets = {}

page_subsets[id_pagesubset.MAIN] = LockOn_Options.script_path.."CMSP/indicator/CMSP_page.lua"

----------------------

pages = {}

purposes = {render_purpose.GENERAL}

Please help, where is problem in my actions? Somebody have solution?

sorry for my bad english...

thanks...

dcscmsccmsp.th.jpg

Edited by Fazatron

im computer, i love my user...

Looking at your CMSC_init.lua

Mine has

{render_purpose.GENERAL,

at the last line of your script

NOT just

{render_purpose.GENERAL}

as yours has.

Here is my CMSP_init.lua

local x_size = 1

local y_size = 1

end

end

end

viewport.y,

viewport.width,

viewport.height}

end

local env = {}

if f then

setfenv(f,env)

pcall(f)

local vp = nil

vp = env.CMSP_SCREEN

if vp ~= nil then

end

end

{

"font_CMSP"

}

-------PAGE IDs-------

id_Page =

{

PAGE_NULL = 0,

PAGE_OFF = 1,

PAGE_MAIN = 2

}

id_pagesubset =

{

MAIN = 0

}

page_subsets = {}

page_subsets[id_pagesubset.MAIN] = LockOn_Options.script_path.."CMSP/indicator/CMSP_page.lua"

----------------------

pages = {}

Hope that helps

Looking at your CMSC_init.lua

Mine has

{render_purpose.GENERAL,

at the last line of your script

NOT just

{render_purpose.GENERAL}

as yours has.

Here is my CMSP_init.lua

local x_size = 1

local y_size = 1

end

end

end

viewport.y,

viewport.width,

viewport.height}

end

local env = {}

if f then

setfenv(f,env)

pcall(f)

local vp = nil

vp = env.CMSP_SCREEN

if vp ~= nil then

end

end

{

"font_CMSP"

}

-------PAGE IDs-------

id_Page =

{

PAGE_NULL = 0,

PAGE_OFF = 1,

PAGE_MAIN = 2

}

id_pagesubset =

{

MAIN = 0

}

page_subsets = {}

----------------------

pages = {}

Hope that helps

thanks man, it's work))

im computer, i love my user...

Good When you get your profile working as well post a pic up here so people can see how good it looks. :D