[How To] Export ALL Indicators like MFCD via ViewPorts

icemaker

Hy everyboy,

I'm trying to export the UHF repeater on a 20" screen with MFD, clock ....

Is it normal to get only a "1." in the UHF repeater (both on the 20" screen and in the cockpit in game ?

for me i will have the complete frequency and not a "1."....

I never use the UHF in the past and i need advise to know if it's correct or not.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7-960 / 12Gb Corsair DDR3 Ram / Asus GTX980 Ti Strix / Asus PB287Q / TIR 5+Clip Pro Logitech G13/ TM Warthog N°01295 / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / Win Seven 64bits/ TM Cougar MFDs (Vers. 1) / 1 Syncmaster 206BW running Helios

That is correct.

It just shows the UHF preset channels, 1 to 20.

You can set these to what you require on the UHF panel using the load button, under the lift up flap.

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

Thanks for your quick answer :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7-960 / 12Gb Corsair DDR3 Ram / Asus GTX980 Ti Strix / Asus PB287Q / TIR 5+Clip Pro Logitech G13/ TM Warthog N°01295 / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / Win Seven 64bits/ TM Cougar MFDs (Vers. 1) / 1 Syncmaster 206BW running Helios

Hi,

I have my left and right mfd outputting to my second monitor working great. I just want to switch off my mfds in the cockpit now to save some frame rates. I know the answer is here in this thread with a simple edit but for the life of me i cant find it. Can someone please kindly tell me what file and what edit i need to do. :) I promise i am not being lazy i have gone from 1 to 26

Hi,

I have my left and right mfd outputting to my second monitor working great. I just want to switch off my mfds in the cockpit now to save some frame rates. I know the answer is here in this thread with a simple edit but for the life of me i cant find it. Can someone please kindly tell me what file and what edit i need to do. :) I promise i am not being lazy i have gone from 1 to 26

Open up the below file in notepad++ and put a -- as highlighted in red below it should be located at line 54 or real close to that

x:\program files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10c\MFCD\indicator\MFCD_Init.lua

purposes      = [color=red]{--render_purpose.GENERAL[/color],
       render_purpose.HUD_ONLY_VIEW,
       render_purpose.SCREENSPACE_OUTSIDE_COCKPIT,
       render_purpose.SCREENSPACE_INSIDE_COCKPIT} -- set purposes to draw it always 
  render_target_always = true
end

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/

Open up the below file in notepad++ and put a -- as highlighted in red below it should be located at line 54 or real close to that

x:\program files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10c\MFCD\indicator\MFCD_Init.lua

end

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! thank you so much :)

Just curiouse,,, I also have my MFCD's on a second monitor, but they are view only (cant use the OSB's), I use snap views to utilize the OSB's for the MFCD's,,, how would you do that if not showing in cockpit? Is your secong monitor a touch screen or something?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Just curiouse,,, I also have my MFCD's on a second monitor, but they are view only (cant use the OSB's), I use snap views to utilize the OSB's for the MFCD's,,, how would you do that if not showing in cockpit? Is your secong monitor a touch screen or something?

It only removes the picture in the main cockpit...the buttons are still available to push.

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

Oooo,,,, thanks for the response,,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

You need to check out HawgTouch..

Incorporating Hawg Touch:

Clear Dark's Hawg Touch program: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=71729

My Hawg Touch profiles: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=70364

Here is what my setup looks like on my 2nd monitor:framesc.jpg

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

you can use Helios from http://www.scsimulations.com also

6251982805_29f22d3cc9_b.jpg

Edited by airdog

Airdog

Looks appealing,,, I made assumptions in the past that I would need to buy hardware to do this (if so, its not going to happen ;{). I will look into this stuff,,, thanks

Bad news: can't get the MFDs to export correctly (or at all) post patch.

Good news: everything else exports correctly

Edit: Looks like we may have to wait on Ice for this one. I tried everything in the monitor config with no results. Any mod of he file results in a tiny MFD in the top left corner. I have a feeling it may be something in the scripts. I'm going to try th emodded script from .08 if I can dig it up.

Edit 2: I tried the stock 1.1.1.0 MFCD script and it exported correctly. Maybe the powers that be adjusted them for out of the box compatability? Anyway, all is well now.

Edited by hassata

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Edit 2: I tried the stock 1.1.1.0 MFCD script and it exported correctly. Maybe the powers that be adjusted them for out of the box compatability? Anyway, all is well now.

What exactly do you mean by script? are talking about the .lua in config/monitorconfig?

MOBO ASUS P5QL-Pro, Intel Q9550 2.8Ghz @ 3.5 GHZ, 8GB DDR2 Crucial, XFX HD6950, TM Warthog, TIR4 /w Pro-Clip, 24 In Samsung Syncmaster LED, 2 X Cheapo 8in LCD's for MFD's and TM MFCD's attached to it, Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

All my exports worked fine without me touching a thing. This includes the MFD's, CMSP, UHF Repeater, Clock and CMSC.

The only issue I notiiced was the CMSP text was larger and it needs to be adjusted to fit my Helios CMSP panel.

Airdog

Great news! I'll patch tonight.

MOBO ASUS P5QL-Pro, Intel Q9550 2.8Ghz @ 3.5 GHZ, 8GB DDR2 Crucial, XFX HD6950, TM Warthog, TIR4 /w Pro-Clip, 24 In Samsung Syncmaster LED, 2 X Cheapo 8in LCD's for MFD's and TM MFCD's attached to it, Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

What exactly do you mean by script? are talking about the .lua in config/monitorconfig?

These are the lua's n A10/Scripts that need to be modified to export things like the MFD.

All my exports worked fine without me touching a thing. This includes the MFD's, CMSP, UHF Repeater, Clock and CMSC.

The only issue I notiiced was the CMSP text was larger and it needs to be adjusted to fit my Helios CMSP panel.

Did you just import the MFD Script from your previous install? And do you have the 'render' line commented out so as not to display the MFDs in the 3d pit?

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To get the incockpit MFD's to not render you now need to go to this file:

x:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\ViewportHandling.lua

Comment out line 31 by adding the -- as highlighted in red below

end

Airdog

Ok just found another item not working...the RWR. To get it exported you have to do it the same way that HellfrogC6 explained in the blackshark2 thread. All credit for this goes to him as I just copied what he did in the BS2 over to A10 and it worked...so here we go:

Open up file

x:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Scripts\Aircrafts\A-10C\Cockpit\AN_ALR69V\indicator\AN_ALR69V.lua

Add the lines highlighted in red below. The line that has the RWR_SCREEN in quotes is what you put into your monitorsetup .lua. It can actually be named anything provided it is the same in your monitorsetup .lua

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."devices_defs.lua")
[color=red]dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")[/color]
indicator_type = indicator_types.COMMON
[color=red]purposes      = {render_purpose.GENERAL}[/color]
[color=red]try_find_assigned_viewport("RWR_SCREEN")[/color]
----------------------
rwr_symbols_bound = 0.027   -- coeff to limit indication on RWR when symbol can't be place on RWR entirely
-------PAGE IDs-------
id_Page =
{
PAGE_OFF  = 0,
PAGE_MAIN  = 1,
PAGE_BIT  = 2
}
id_pagesubset =
{
COMMON   = 0,
MAIN   = 1,
BIT    = 2,
}
page_subsets = {}
page_subsets[id_pagesubset.COMMON] = LockOn_Options.script_path.."AN_ALR69V/Indicator/AN_ALR69V_COMMON_page.lua"
page_subsets[id_pagesubset.MAIN] = LockOn_Options.script_path.."AN_ALR69V/Indicator/AN_ALR69V_MAIN_page.lua"
page_subsets[id_pagesubset.BIT]     = LockOn_Options.script_path.."AN_ALR69V/Indicator/AN_ALR69V_BIT_page.lua"
----------------------
pages = {}
pages[id_Page.PAGE_OFF]  = {}
pages[id_Page.PAGE_MAIN] = {id_pagesubset.COMMON, id_pagesubset.MAIN}
pages[id_Page.PAGE_BIT]  = {id_pagesubset.COMMON, id_pagesubset.BIT}
init_pageID  = id_Page.PAGE_OFF
use_parser  = false
--- master modes
A10C_ALR69V_OFF     = 0 
A10C_ALR69V_MAIN       = 1 
A10C_ALR69V_BIT        = 2
------------------------------------
pages_by_mode                 = {}
clear_mode_table(pages_by_mode, 2, 0, 0)
function get_page_by_mode(master,L2,L3,L4)
return get_page_by_mode_global(pages_by_mode,init_pageID,master,L2,L3,L4)
end
pages_by_mode[A10C_ALR69V_OFF][0][0][0]   = id_Page.PAGE_OFF
pages_by_mode[A10C_ALR69V_MAIN][0][0][0]  = id_Page.PAGE_MAIN
pages_by_mode[A10C_ALR69V_BIT][0][0][0]   = id_Page.PAGE_BIT
opacity_sensitive_materials = 
{
"font_RWR",
"INDICATION_RWR"
}

My monitorsetup Lua

_ = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('Airdogs Pit');
Description = 'Indicators configured with Easy Monitor Setup'
Viewports =
{
Center =
{
 x = 0;
 y = 0;
 width = 1920;
 height = 1080;
 viewDx = 0;
 viewDy = 0;
 aspect = 1.77777777777778;
}
}
RIGHT_MFCD =
{
 x = 1890;
 y = 1143;
 width = 860;
 height = 430;
}
LEFT_MFCD =
{
 x = -830;
 y = 1143;
 width = 860;
 height = 430;
}
UHF_REPEATER =
{
 x = 415;
 y = 1782;
 width = 140;
 height = 20;
}
DIGIT_CLOCK =
{
 x = 113;
 y = 1891;
 width = 200;
 height = 100;
}
RWR_SCREEN =
{
 x = 252;
 y = 1354;
 width = 300;
 height = 150;
}
CMSP =
{
 x = 1775;
 y = 1637;
 width = 600;
 height = 75;
}
CMSC =
{
 x = 752;
 y = 1379;
 width = 420;
 height = 65;
}
UIMainView = Viewports.Center

Edited by airdog
  • Like 1

Airdog

Now that the new patch has been applied my mfd's show back on inside the cockpit i have navigated to the MFCD_Init.lua file but cant find where to edit. I had this working great for a day then the patch :)

You only have to go back 1 page for your answer.....hell its only 3 posts before yours....LOL ;) LINK

• Like 1

Airdog

I can get all my displays working post 1.1.10 patch...all except one: the UHF Repeater doesn't sho up. I wonder if someone could please post their working post patch 1.1.10 UHF Repeater.init file so I can use it? Thank you very much.

apoll