[How To] Export ALL Indicators like MFCD via ViewPorts

icemaker

I wish that it was that easy (thanks for the try) but I still had the same problem. There are other spradic problems. The attached pic shows the same location, but the portions of the objects can be seen.

I won't continue on this thread much longer, I was just hoping the multimonitor export experts might have an easy solution.

955176953_cockpit2.thumb.jpg.b3ded971c5a68fbf74a930ee54e9f482.jpg

CRX-Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K;4090; Varjo Aero; Winwing UFC/HUD/MFDs/Throttle/PTO Panel/Combat Panel; Winwing F-18 joystick; Buttkickers; Monstertech flight seat; PointCTRL.

I wish that it was that easy (thanks for the try) but I still had the same problem. There are other spradic problems. The attached pic shows the same location, but the portions of the objects can be seen.

I won't continue on this thread much longer, I was just hoping the multimonitor export experts might have an easy solution.

these weirdo effect happened to me in FSX

when I overclocked my CPU too much (or wrong)

set CPU to default and see?

or underclock your VGA?

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Nope, I underclocked the VGA. The i7-970 default runs at 3.2. Still same problem. And remember the object problems only happen when I extend the monitor resolutions to run across multiple monitors- No errors when I run with single monitor and stock lua.

I'll move this thread to a more appropriate area. Thanks for the help though. If you have any insights please reply on thsi thread-

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=77968

Thanks

CRX-Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K;4090; Varjo Aero; Winwing UFC/HUD/MFDs/Throttle/PTO Panel/Combat Panel; Winwing F-18 joystick; Buttkickers; Monstertech flight seat; PointCTRL.

Tommy, I got mine working, I ended up going back to the most recent revised post on the code that's changed in the init file and redoing the file from my original. Will see about posting from home later tonight.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Tommy, I got mine working, I ended up going back to the most recent revised post on the code that's changed in the init file and redoing the file from my original. Will see about posting from home later tonight.

Thanks Shu77, that would be appreciated.

Where is this post detailing the code changes?.. as i'm struggling to find any decent info on this.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

Thanks Shu77, that would be appreciated.

Where is this post detailing the code changes?.. as i'm struggling to find any decent info on this.

This post here

I just reapplied it to my CDU_init.lua and it was all good

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

This post here

I just reapplied it to my CDU_init.lua and it was all good

:) sweet, i can fix this myself with this info, cheers mate. I'd been thought this thread god knows how i missed this at least a couple of times.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

Hi there,

I think I cracked the problem with the distortion of the exported displays and also the broken coordinates problem. The problem seems to lie in the aspect ratio settings.

In the DCS options menu, you must enter the resolution covering all your screens manually. The aspect ratio is automatically calculated and put into your options.lua file in your Windows savegames.

When configuring the monitor lua, the main viewport definition should contain the aspect ratio for the 3D view alone.

If you put the same aspect ratio as calculated by your main screen into your options.lua, the coordinates of the exported displays and their sizes too will be broken.

In my case, I run a bezel-compensated eyefinity screen setup with one touchscreen aligned to the right. Large virtual screen has 6048x1080, so the calculated 3D view aspect ratio is 5.6.

Overall sim resolution is set to 7968x1080 (6048x1080 for the main screen and the 1920x1080 touchscreen to the right of that). So for the overall aspect ratio (the one to be set in options.lua) is 7968/1080= 7.377777778 in my case.

It's kinda beyond me why the aspect ratio has to be used for this carthesian coordinate calculations, but the devs must know what they're doing.

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

What is even more intriguing is why does this for some, like myself, get done by the sim automatically and others like yourself have to change it yourself.

I haven't touched that file but on checking find that the aspect is in my case 7968/1200 = 6.64?

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

This problem seems to be a legacy one. I added the touchscreen later when everything was up and running. Changing the resolution was done via editing the options.lua because I run a 3x1 + 1 setup, so the desired resolution doesn't show up in the dropdown in the options menu and I didn't know back then that I could simply type in the resolution.

If done via the options menu, the new aspect ratio for the overall sim is automatically recalculated, but not so if the resolution is set via the config files. I didn't change it from the 5.6 I had because I figured this number only affects the 3D portion of the rendering system. Boy was I wrong.

The aspect ratio of the 3D view is set in the monitor lua. And if you don't have the right aspect ratio set in the options.lua, all coordinates and size parameters in the monitor definition lua seem to be interpreted wrong.

If your overall res is what you stated, the calculated aspect ratio is to be set in the options.lua in your home directory (saved games in your files, DCS folder). In the monitor definition lua, the aspect ratio has to be set accordingly to the 3D output, i.e. you subtract the vertical resolution of your touchscreen from the overall res and do the same calculation again.

7968 - 1920 = 6048 -> 6048 / 1200 = 5.04.

So the aspect ratio in your monitor lua for the main viewport has to be 5.04. If done so, all the coordinates and sizes for the indicators will behave correctly and you don't have to position and resize every gauge by tedious trial & error.

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

• 2 weeks later...
But only with that gauge? If i want to visual a HSI. I try but there isn't a init file. So can't apply that solution?

use HELIOS panels, has a HSI

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up a second monitor for my Cougar MFD frames, but I'm experiencing a confounding issue.

Whenever I try and make a profile for the LMFCD (for example), the LMFCD only ever appears in the top left corner of my main screen. It also appears to be 'squashed' to a ~100x100 size no matter what dimensions I input.

The following screenshot illustrates what is happening:

2rI3G.jpg

I had no second monitor connected when this screenshot was take, and the resolution in the DCS GUI was set to 1280x1024 (my native resolution). I am trying to diagnose this problem before proceeding any further with additional monitors lest I waste more of my time.

Below is my MonitorSetup lua code. If it matters, this code was generated automatically by Easy Monitor Configurator.

_ = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('Crescendo');
Description = 'Crescendo'
Viewports =
{
Center =
   {
       x = 0;
       y = 0;
       width = 1280;
       height = 1024;
       viewDx = 0;
       viewDy = 0;
       aspect = 1.25;
   }
}

LEFT_MFCD =
   {
       x = 500;
       y = 400;
       width = 370;
       height = 370;
   }

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

As you can see, the LMFCD should be roughly in the middle of the main screen (not in the top left), and should be 370x370 in size (not ~100x100).

Until I can solve this problem adding a second monitor will be an exercise in futility. Any suggestions are appreciated.

helpsmilie.gif

Edited by Crescendo

• 2 weeks later...
Reinstalling DCS A-10C worked, by the way.

Moral of the story is to not use EMC, at least until a new version is released. Even then I would probably still manually edit the files -- it's easy enough to do and won't break anything.

Yeah, I had to reinstall the game as well after using EMC, oh well, everything working now.

What's the current procedure for "exporting" the CDU, RWR, etc. from the sim? I've not messed with this since upgrading to the .09 patch, but the steps listed in the first post of this thread aren't working. We're still able to pull this data from the sim right??