HawgTouch - Free Panels & Gauges for A-10C

Now ClearDark gave me a reason to take home a laptop from work. On a REGULAR basis :D

On that matter, is it possible to have MFCD's (and UFC if so desired) on my second screen and send gauges indicators info over to laptop?

After giving more thought to this. And based on input from ClearDark, this is doable.

MFCD's or UFC has no sticky buttons and there fore does not need info FROM A10, hawgtouch will still send info TO A10. Diverting info for other stuff to a secondary PC ... MmmmmMMMMMMM

It just happened that I'll have a busy afternoon :D

Moar Coffee!

Aviate - Navigate - Communicate

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After giving more thought to this. And based on input from ClearDark, this is doable.

MFCD's or UFC has no sticky buttons and there fore does not need info FROM A10, hawgtouch will still send info TO A10. Diverting info for other stuff to a secondary PC ... MmmmmMMMMMMM

It just happened that I'll have a busy afternoon :D

Moar Coffee!

Actually, the UFC does have 1 button which can receive data, that would be the Master Caution button.

If you want to see it come to life all you have to do is add this line to the button definition in the xml:

<DataImportID>MASTER_CAUTION</DataImportID>

Here is the "static" master caution button:

<Button>
         <Name>MASTERCAUTION</Name>
         <Clickable>true</Clickable>
         <PressedImage>\Images\UFC\ufc-Mcaution-on.png</PressedImage>
         <DepressedImage>\Images\UFC\ufc-Mcaution-off.png</DepressedImage>
         <Type>ClickButton</Type>
         <ID>20</ID>
         <Y>11</Y>
         <X>573</X>
         <KeyCommand>1</KeyCommand>
       </Button>

Fixed code

<Button>
         <Name>MASTERCAUTION</Name>
         [b]<DataImportID>MASTER_CAUTION</DataImportID>[/b]
         <Clickable>true</Clickable>
         <PressedImage>\Images\UFC\ufc-Mcaution-on.png</PressedImage>
         <DepressedImage>\Images\UFC\ufc-Mcaution-off.png</DepressedImage>
         <Type>ClickButton</Type>
         <ID>20</ID>
         <Y>11</Y>
         <X>573</X>
         <KeyCommand>1</KeyCommand>
       </Button>

This line makes the button receive data from the sim and turn it on/off according to the status received by the server.

I'm seeing that multiple "receiving" ends is something people would want to see in the future so in next releases I will expand that Data Exporting function to support multiple "clients" and seamless "remote" configuration from within HawgTouch itself.

Make sure the file name is called "HawgTouch.GaugePack.dll"

Also, you might have insufficient privileges on the folder HawgTouch is in. Make sure you give the folder enough privileges and run HawgTouch under Administrator just to be sure.

If that doesn't work, write me a PM and we'll sort you out :)

thanks I will give it a try.

:)

Hammer97 / Hendo97

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Processor Intel®I7 950, 3.06 Mhz, 4 Core(s)/

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit/ Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB/ HD 6870 1GB DDR5/ 750w PSU/T IR 4/TH Warthog

Some updates!

I've started working on the second batch of gauges! I decided to tackle the one I fear most to begin with. It will make the rest easier.

Here's the first sketch of the HSI. Which will be released in the next version along with the rest of the gauges for the A-10C!

zxr3ep.png

Also planned for next version, the ability to support multiple HawgTouch clients to receive simulation data with an easy to use wizard!

More updates to come soon :)

Edited by ClearDark

More updates to come soon :)

You sir are a bloody genius. Oh, when you've finished this, can you write a new FreeTrack which works on 64bit - TA! :thumbup:

______________________________________________________________________________________

AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.4 Ghz | 8GB DDR3 Dual Channel | Ati HD4850 XFX | 22" Samsung TFT & NEC 17" touchscreen

Cleardark (I also posted on your thread at Simhq) Thanks so much for Hawgtouch its a really remarkable, simple (to use) and effective bit of software. Programming the keys in took a wee while but hey so what, more than worth the effort. Even without a touchscreen (I have a kit fitted to my second 17 inch monitor which was a great buy off e-bay) it is a very practical additions.

I do have one problem I cant get HT to run on my windows 7 second PC or my vista laptop,both present a "Hawgtouch has stopped working" message on launch what may the problem be ? (I repeated the question here for the benefit of the eagle forums guys)

Thanks for all your efforts with this mate, you are a hero !

Cleardark (I also posted on your thread at Simhq) Thanks so much for Hawgtouch its a really remarkable, simple (to use) and effective bit of software. Programming the keys in took a wee while but hey so what, more than worth the effort. Even without a touchscreen (I have a kit fitted to my second 17 inch monitor which was a great buy off e-bay) it is a very practical additions.

I do have one problem I cant get HT to run on my windows 7 second PC or my vista laptop,both present a "Hawgtouch has stopped working" message on launch what may the problem be ? (I repeated the question here for the benefit of the eagle forums guys)

Thanks for all your efforts with this mate, you are a hero !

The issue you are having is due to HawgTouch bug that was fixed earlier today in a hotfix. If you read the earlier posts in this thread you will find more details!

To fix your issue simply go to the first page of this post and download HawgTouch again. The new packages have an updated executable which fixes this minor glitch!

Im glad to hear you are enjoying HT :D

Edited by ClearDark

You sir are a bloody genius. Oh, when you've finished this, can you write a new FreeTrack which works on 64bit - TA! :thumbup:

:) TY

I wouldn't have a clue on where to start with FreeTrack, but it could be something for later later on :)

The issue you are having is due to HawgTouch bug that was fixed earlier today in a hotfix. If you read the earlier posts in this thread you will find more details!

To fix your issue simply go to the first page of this post and download HawgTouch again. The new packages have an updated executable which fixes this minor glitch!

Im glad to hear you are enjoy HT :D

Downloaded. Works, excellent ! Hows that for service folks :thumbup: thanks mate

Cleardark

I downloaded the latest version but have the following issues:

no matter what I did, I couldn't move the gauges over to the second monitor

On the 15 gauge package that I couldn't move, the 4 little squares in the upper right do not appear. They only appear if the big black square is empty.

thanks

sobe

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Cleardark

On the 15 gauge package that I couldn't move, the 4 little squares in the upper right do not appear. They only appear if the big black square is empty.

thanks

sobe

Do you see any of the other gauges? This sounds totally strange. If you see 1 gauge you should see them all as they all are packed in one module.

Please provide more details so I can try and help you sort this out. Did you modify the default profile by any chance?

What are the odds of this running on a Windows 2008 Server as a Client over the

network to a Win7-64 system running A-10C?

I have a 12" mini-monitor I use on the server as an Email/PDF reader type of thing,

as it doesn't play nice with the games tower.

Just thought I'd inquire before I downloaded and started trying to beat it into

submission...

:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A tale of 2 hogs

What are the odds of this running on a Windows 2008 Server as a Client over the

network to a Win7-64 system running A-10C?

I have a 12" mini-monitor I use on the server as an Email/PDF reader type of thing,

as it doesn't play nice with the games tower.

Just thought I'd inquire before I downloaded and started trying to beat it into

submission...

:D

Pretty good odds id say! HT wa tested on both XP and Win7. Server 2008 (not R2) is Vista core based and should work with no problems with .NET 4 installed.

• Like 1

Yesterday I was playing around a bit with hawgtouch.

1. My goal was to reposition the gauges within panel (which included resizing the background panel) to make it more 1024x768 friendly and place them in correct order (as A10 has them). Result?
    Take a peace of paper, write everything down, get to work, voila, done in 5-10 minutes. :thumbup:
  2. Was testing hawgtouch on local PC (with a A10C installed) = 127.0.0.1 Result?
    It came to life, NMSP turned on when it got power ingame! Tho gauges were totally erratic and when they stopped they did not indicate the same value as the game did. Could this be due to x86 platform of DCS A10C? :helpsmilie:
  3. What my actual goal was, is to export gauges (and only that) to laptop so lets change IP in the export.lua to 192.168.0.54. Result?
    Despite disabled firewall, disabled AV and run with admin privileges on both PC and laptop, they did not come to life on laptop. I suspect that it is due to *Gauges to work need data export enabled*. In which case it won't work due to A10 not being installed on a laptop.

Otherwise really nice FREE (emphasis) software with huge potential.

Edited by Nu-NRG

Yesterday I was playing around a bit with hawgtouch.

1. My goal was to reposition the gauges within panel (which included resizing the background panel) to make it more 1024x768 friendly and place them in correct order (as A10 has them). Result?
    Take a peace of paper, write everything down, get to work, voila, done in 5-10 minutes. :thumbup:
  2. Was testing hawgtouch on local PC (with a A10C installed) = 127.0.0.1 Result?
    It came to life, NMSP turned on when it got power ingame! Tho gauges were totally erratic and when they stopped they did not indicate the same value as the game did. Could this be due to x86 platform of DCS A10C? :helpsmilie:
  3. What my actual goal was, is to export gauges (and only that) to laptop so lets change IP in the export.lua to 192.168.0.54. Result?
    Despite disabled firewall, disabled AV and run with admin privileges on both PC and laptop, they did not come to life on laptop. I suspect that it is due to *Gauges to work need data export enabled*. In which case it won't work due to A10 not being installed on a laptop.

Otherwise really nice FREE (emphasis) software with huge potential.

1. Glad you got it working easily!

2. Gauges displaying wrong data could be a result of numerous reasons. First you have to make sure you download the package which is right for your system (x64,x86). It is also important to not modify anything in the Export.lua file to prevent data corruption.

There might be a very "slight" indication "gap" in 2 gauges (the engine temperature gauge at the lower 40's is the most noticable and the oil pressure gauge). These issues will be rectified in the next release of the Gauge Pack. The rest should be to almost perfect precision.

3. HawgTouch notes that Data Export needs to be enabled to make gauges work. But it doesn't check for installation of the A-10 sim on your machine and doesn't require the "SAME" machine to be the one sending the data to HawgTouch.

In short, if you set the IP in the Export.lua file to your laptop, and HawgTouch is running on it. If the data will be received on your machine, the gauges will come to life. I suspect that the data is not being transmitted by the sim or received properly by your laptop which is what's causing the issues.

I suggest making connectivity tests between your machines and to make sure that nothing interferes with port 1625 (UDP only).

If the issue still remains let me know and we'll get this sorted!

1. Glad you got it working easily!

2. the package which is right for your system (x64,x86). It is also important to not modify anything in the Export.lua file to prevent data corruption.

Check and Check, but I will double check when I get home :joystick:

There might be a very "slight" indication "gap" in 2 gauges (the engine temperature gauge at the lower 40's is the most noticable and the oil pressure gauge). These issues will be rectified in the next release of the Gauge Pack. The rest should be to almost perfect precision.

Will try to make a recording of em on local PC so you see what I have in mind :thumbup:

3. HawgTouch notes that Data Export needs to be enabled to make gauges work. But it doesn't check for installation of the A-10 sim on your machine and doesn't require the "SAME" machine to be the one sending the data to HawgTouch.

In short, if you set the IP in the Export.lua file to your laptop, and HawgTouch is running on it. If the data will be received on your machine, the gauges will come to life. I suspect that the data is not being transmitted by the sim or received properly by your laptop which is what's causing the issues.

I suggest making connectivity tests between your machines and to make sure that nothing interferes with port 1625 (UDP only).

If the issue still remains let me know and we'll get this sorted!

Hmmmm, packet sniffing is in order today. :megalol:

LOL, just by this tread alone we can start putting together a HOWTO :P

Quick Update:

I have found an issue that might be a problem on localized versions of Windows which causes the gauges to display incorrect data.

This is due to .NET's way of handling double variables and how they convert which deeply depends on your Regional Settings.

I'm investigating this issue now with Nomana and once I confirm its the cause of the bug I will release a hot fix to everyone who is getting awkward gauges readouts!

Thanks to Nomana's rapid response, I've compiled a fix for those of you who might have issues with the gauges displaying wicked data and erratic behavior!

Go to the main post and download the Gauge Pack only package! It contains version 1.1 of the gauges modules which fixes the issue described above!

Thanks for helping me find those issues out :)

FOLLOW UP INFORMATION

SEE BELOW

Quote:

Originally Posted by sobe viewpost.gif

Cleardark

thanks

sobe

Do you see any of the other gauges? This sounds totally strange. If you see 1 gauge you should see them all as they all are packed in one module.

I AM SORRY IF I MISLEAD YOU. I SEE ALL 15 GAUGES. WHAT I DON'T SEE IS THE 4 LITTLE SQUARES IN THE UPPER RIGHT CORNER [CHECK MARK, ETC] AND I ONLY SEE THE 4 LITTLE SQUARES WHEN THE BLACK BOX IS FIRST LOADED BEFORE THE GAUGES COME UP

Please provide more details so I can try and help you sort this out. Did you modify the default profile by any chance?I HAVE NOT MODIFIED ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE MONITOR SCRIPT TO ALLOW ME TO RUN THE MFDS IN THE LOWER CORNERS OF MY MAIN MONITOR.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .