Any Chance for SU-27 SK ?

Though its nice to see an F16 in the next Update, for me it would be much more exciting, to see an update of the SU-27/33 with new avionics and weapons e.g. R77, which would make these aircrafts more competitive against F15 and F16.

Is there any chance to see an SU-27 SK or SU-37 in Lockon in the future?

Another point of interest: After thousends of hours flying at the black sea, I`d like to see another theater like Norvegian / Sweden etc. like in EF2000 (who still knows this brilliant simulation? :biggrin: ), with a lot of mountains! :p

How do others think about that?

33| 279.KIAP_Shark

http:/forum.33rd.de

33rd_signatureimage_kl.jpg

Well, Noway/Sweden/Barent Sea would get my vote .... but given the investment ED has made in the Black Sea area terrain to give us such a great environment - could they afford the time/effort? Or is that better spent on refining the AFM and giving it to us for more a/c? Or better radar model? Or AFM missiles? Or ...

Though its nice to see an F16 in the next Update, for me it would be much more exciting, to see an update of the SU-27/33 with new avionics and weapons e.g. R77, which would make these aircrafts more competitive against F15 and F16.

Is there any chance to see an SU-27 SK or SU-37 in Lockon in the future?

The Su-27 in Lock-on 1.1 should have been designated Su-27S, as it includes unguided air-to-ground capability(unlike the version depicted in Lock-on V1.02). The Su-27SK is simply the export variant of the Su-27S and has exactly the same capabilities as this - and these do not include support for the R-77.

So you already have the combat capabilities of the Su-27SK in Lock-on 1.1 - which in turn correspond exactly to those of the Su-33 :) . There currently exists no systems upgraded single seat Su-33(not that provides support for the R-77 and PGMs anyway) - the only such Su-33 variant is the Su-27KUB(Su-33UB), which is an entirely new two-seater variant(with side-by-side cockpit configuration).

Flanker variants which support the R-77 and guided air-to-ground/anti-ship weaponry are:

- Su-35(Su-27M) multirole fighter

- Su-35UB(two-seat version of above)

- Su-30MK(including localised variants: Su-30MKI and Su-30MKK) two-seat mulirole fighter

- Su-34(Su-27IB) two-seat multirole strike fighter

- Su-33UB(Su-27KUB) two-seat naval multirole fighter

Upgraded:

- Su-27SM(upgraded Su-27S)

- Su-27UBM (upgraded Su-27UB)

- Su-30KN (upgraded Su-30/Su-30K)

The following initial Flanker variants do not support the R-77/guided a2g weaponry:

- Su-27

- Su-27S(or Su-27SK exort variant)

- Su-27UB

- Su-30(or Su-30K export variant)

- Su-33

The Su-37 is not really an option, as it was more of a "one off"(although I believe two prototypes were built) TVC demonstrator. The Su-35(Su-27M) would be a better bet, but it is something entirely different to Flankers we currently have in Lock-on and would require a massive development effort - not to mention that acuiring the necessary in-dept documentation on its systems may prove impossible.

- JJ.

JJ

ok, the source in the net are not always accurate like http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/su27/ .

But the SU-27 SM should be a great thing for all pilots which love to fly a russian aircraft. Please think about this seriously and dont forget, that the roots of this sim are the russian aircrafts and not the western. I personally dont want this game become a major western ac-sim with too powerful F15/16, so that the russian pilots get very less chance to get a good combat.

So please dont forget to upgrade the SU`s / MIG`s for keeping the game balance!

Thx

33| 279.KIAP_Shark

http:/forum.33rd.de

33rd_signatureimage_kl.jpg

I am a westerner, and the intrique I have with the game, is that it is the Russian aircraft. Stick with them, I like the F15, but its not what the game is about. And I think they have taken that approach with the Su25T and the Ka50.

Having the F15 is nice, and any other plane someone has done.

Its too bad that everyone in the flight sim community uses such different code.

Image FO doing western aircraft, and ED doing Russian. But for the same "sim".

In a perfect world..........

Though its nice to see an F16 in the next Update

I thought Lock On 1.2 won't have the F-16 since they say that they wont simulate an airframe that has more than 1 MFD, and the F-16 has 2 MFDs. I want to see ED remake some of the old flyable models in 1.2 before venturing off into new ones. Personally I would like to see the F-15 and the Su-27 be remade into the same quality and flight model as the Su-25T. Unfortunately I haven’t heard of any plans from ED that they plan on remaking the Su-27 or the F-15. They also didn’t want to ask from the 3rd party to provide models for some of the old models because they want their own artist to make it (which is a shame because TS-77strikemax made this beautiful model of the Su-27) :icon_frow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I thought Lock On 1.2 won't have the F-16 since they say that they wont simulate an airframe that has more than 1 MFD, and the F-16 has 2 MFDs. I want to see ED remake some of the old flyable models in 1.2 before venturing off into new ones. Personally I would like to see the F-15 and the Su-27 be remade into the same quality and flight model as the Su-25T. Unfortunately I haven’t heard of any plans from ED that they plan on remaking the Su-27 or the F-15. They also didn’t want to ask from the 3rd party to provide models for some of the old models because they want their own artist to make it (which is a shame because TS-77strikemax made this beautiful model of the Su-27) :icon_frow

The F16 won't be in Lomac - it'll be in Lomac's successor, which will build on some of Lomac's code but be a different sim altogether.

The MFD's are far from the only problem they'll have to overcome. However, once they're prepared to start seriously rewriting the code to allow for its current limitations, it shouldn't be a major problem.

The intention with future projects is to *eventually* have every aircraft with the AFM. Will take time, so don't hold your breath . . . but we'll get there.

And I still haven't seen where they say they want their own artists' work for the 3D models . . . . . there's still more to do after the Su27, and even Strikemax's Su27 needs plenty of work to include all the tricks we're used to. Damage, for example . . . .

"Stick with them, I like the F15, but its not what the game is about"

I wouldn't have bought this game had it not had the F15 -- I love this aircraft :)

Chances are that you're one of many, many people who wouldn't have bought Lomac otherwise - one could speculate that without this, Lomac wouldn't have sold as many copies.

According to Stormin, Lomac DID make a profit for Ubi - but apparently not enough profit (or too much trouble) for them to continue supporting it.

I hate to think what would have happened if the F15 hadn't been in the game . . . .

KungFu - cheers for the quote, find it a bit odd considering the support they've previously given Strikemax for his model.

I dont think ED ever supported strikemax's model due to his response.

Lol, I'm not surprised. I came to realize long time ago that a Flanker model is a "SOVERNITY" issue to ED Modelers." Do whatever you want, but never ever model a flanker". That explains why ED team comment on every 3rd party model but never on my Flanker.

I like to think that my model has, at least, convinced ED to better remodel the Flanker. Very positive

After all, when they do a better job?!, it must look almost real.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

there is no official statement, it's too early for it. there was few tips from ED about preparing doc's for developing F-16.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]