BSOD: Power_driver_state_failure randomly occurs while playing...HELP

please stop moving my post...I really need help

I was getting excellent help with my BSOD problem before the moderators saw fit to move it to the pc hardware subforum. NOBODY is there, I am the only user- I really need help, if you won't let me post my problem in a place where people can see it, at least let me direct people to it. Please don't move this...it's the only way I have of getting help with my blue screen of death issue. :(

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everywhere I go it points to the mindump folder- I don't have it. I even crashed my laptop on demand with that utility and no minidump file or folder was created. Actually the only .dmp files I have are from old crash reports from games from a long time ago and unrelated.

I was getting excellent help with my BSOD problem before the moderators saw fit to move it to the pc hardware subforum. NOBODY is there, I am the only user- I really need help, if you won't let me post my problem in a place where people can see it, at least let me direct people to it. Please don't move this...it's the only way I have of getting help with my blue screen of death issue. :(

\Threads merged.

If you have an issue with Forum management/Moderator actions, kindly submit a PM to one of the Community Managers/Moderators and we can sort it out from there - Do not open a new thread.

Ta

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Just use an external USB Hub with own power supply ! X52 is a power hungry device.

Remember, laptops are just like off-the-shelf desktops. The power supplies are usually not the best item in the unit. Also, just because the USB ports are there does not mean that there is enough power to run absolutely anything that you can connect to them.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Here is one...

http://www.amazon.com/D-Link-DUB-H7-High-Speed-7-Port/dp/B00008VFAF/ref=pd_cp_e_3

Edited by cichlidfan
remioved wrong link

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The easiest solution for you is to download BlueScreenView and check the dump report for yourself. More than likely it's a driver that has gotten corrupted or isn't compatible that got installed.

Don't mean to hijack the thread but that program is really good. Helps me out all the time at work. When you look at someones computer and they say "I had a blue screen with an error message", you ask "What did the error say" and they just sit there looking blankly at you like you had asked what the meaning of life. You can basically see exactly what the computer was doing when it went BSOD.

I would definitely recommend you save the link in case you have any problems yourselves.

• Like 1

______________________________________________________________________________________

AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.4 Ghz | 8GB DDR3 Dual Channel | Ati HD4850 XFX | 22" Samsung TFT & NEC 17" touchscreen

OK... just got back from work...

Im betting on a USB overload (especially with what was said about X52s).

If you can, try to turn OFF the restart after crash (its right where you turned on crash reporting). this makes the PC stay on after a blue screen so you can read the issue. If we get lucky, the crash will have some text (such as USB.sys or similar) so we can zero in on it.

You may need to go with a powered hub... laptop USBs are pretty weak.

have you played other games on this pc? you may want to play one with the TIR & stick plugged in and see if that crashes it.

the paging file should be set to auto... dont try to screw with that... just leads to tears.

Edited by jeffyd123

i7 8700K @ 4.4Ghz, 16G 3200 RAM, Nvidia 1080Ti, T16000 HOTAS, TIR5, 75" DLP Monitor

OK got your message... (no need to PM me, its best if we solve this here anyway)

It unfortunately seems that this may be a pain to figure out. Its a NT kernel error which sucks ass (generic error code)

I need some more info:

1. what antivirus are you running

2. how long have you had A-10 installed and has it ever worked good?

3. have you installed any new software recently?

4. did you install the 64 bit or 32 bit version of A-10

We will likely need more crash reports to zero in on the problem.

EDIT - please be sure to answer all of the questions i posted above. also try playing with arma ( a chenarus map) with everything plugged in

Jeff

Edited by jeffyd123

i7 8700K @ 4.4Ghz, 16G 3200 RAM, Nvidia 1080Ti, T16000 HOTAS, TIR5, 75" DLP Monitor

attached is a .txt of my power state failure.dmp

I am upping the odds of it being a power issue.:music_whistling:

What brand/model lapto?

Edited by cichlidfan

1. The newest version of McAfee (subscription to auto-update)

2. I' bought A-10C from Steam and have had it since 5-13

3.Yes...lots and lots as this is a new laptop...many games, so old, many new, some games from GOG.com (good old games)...I've installed a lot of games...but never have had a problem like this before- it only seems to occur while I play A-10 or shortly after.

4. I installed what steam provided- I assme the 64 bit version for my windows 7 64 bit operating system. For sake of clarity:

DCS A-10C Warthog

file version 1.1.0.7

product version 1.1.47952.42

date modified 5/13/2011

dell xps generation 15 laptop (state of the art)

Assuming you have the higher end unit with the higher res and 2GB memory, then you have 130w of power available (theoretically).

Less expensive power supplies, like the ones in off-the-shelf hardware, generally provide less clean power the closer they get to their maximum rating. Dirty power does not make for good experiences.

Also, noting that Dell markets this as a Multimedia as opposed to a Gaming machine.

You are using all three USB ports and I am guessing that you have the Track Clip Pro for your TrackIR (so in reality four devices).

edit: only three devices total, not sure where I got the fourth one.

I am not saying that there is not another issue but...

Edited by cichlidfan

when I built the dell, I used all of the best hardware- it is literally the best of all the components available- much better than say Alienware, which is marketed for gaming- so the multimedia vs. gaming distinction is pretty moot. I just tried blackshark with the stick and track ir (no pro clip here man) and nothing bad happened- gonna try AMRA II again