Lock On Gold actually includes 1.1?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I do know is that Stormin originally said that the gold didn't contain 1.1 and that ED/TFC was chasing it up.

Who is to say then that EB didn't enter into negotiations with ED to include 1.1 in the gold pack after they mistakenly reported that the Gold version included 1.1? After all they probably received orders from people who were interested in the gold version because it included 1.1.

I also know that no one will know the true story until ED give their side to it.

I agree with Wolvie!

I know I was one (of probably several(dozen)) that took a few minutes to mention to EBGames that what they were posting seemed to be wrong - and why.

If ED is getting a fair share to compensate them for the developmental efforts thats something good for us all.

For those who have bought Lock On Gold, how many had to contact starforce to get it to work? And is there any other problems besides that?

Edit: hey Alfa, since you are a ED Testers Team, any way you could use your awesome convincing skills to tell ED to make an official statement about Lock On Gold and clear up this entire confusing before it gets out of hand?

"awesome convincing skills".....LOL(if only).

Anyway, I dont have to use them - stay tuned :)

- JJ.

JJ

Guest ruggbutt

While you're at it JJ, can you use your awesome convincing skills to tell that AMRAAM that it really doesn't see me? I could use the help. :D

While you're at it JJ, can you use your awesome convincing skills to tell that AMRAAM that it really doesn't see me? I could use the help. :D

Hehe.....

"I am not here, I was never here - its just imperialistic propaganda"

...try that - works every time :cool:

- JJ.

JJ

Maybe in Wolverineland. However you forgot to metion that you needed to pay $19.95 for the original lock-on then $25 for the d/l version. A total cost of $45.00 for someone who may be just getting into lock-on.

it's common market law - two games in one box are always cost cheaper then two games alone.

and accoding to screenshot, LO GOLD was compiled to disks less then month ago, so ED and NP didn't lie to everyone two months ago.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

I think Stormin has a point in his speculation. However, this is my concern. If those files in LockOn Gold get out to the internet, all those sick minded players will have a free ride. After all, how does SF verify the game's authenticity? As Stormin speculates, the FC in the Gold version is the download version which doesn't require a CD check. Otherwise, it has to be the CD check version which ED didn't say that they gave a master to Evolve.

As Stormin speculates, the FC in the Gold version is the download version which doesn't require a CD check. Otherwise, it has to be the CD check version which ED didn't say that they gave a master to Evolve.

I thought the gold version is more like the NP cd version. As i recall...someone said you have to keep the cd in the drive during play. And no-cd crack is out there (thank god) damn pirates...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BOPrey, you have LO GOLD FC running fine with only NP's CD in the drive? And if you put original second CD of LO GOLD in the drive, game prompt you a protection dialog?

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

BOPrey, you have LO GOLD FC running fine with only NP's CD in the drive? And if you put original second CD of LO GOLD in the drive, game prompt you a protection dialog?

No. I don't have LO GOLD. Yes, that's what others have said. They need a code from SF and the CD in the drive.

Official statement from ED concerning "Lock-on Gold"

For those who have bought Lock On Gold, how many had to contact starforce to get it to work? And is there any other problems besides that?

Edit: hey Alfa, since you are a ED Testers Team, any way you could use your awesome convincing skills to tell ED to make an official statement about Lock On Gold and clear up this entire confusing before it gets out of hand?

Ok you can now find the official statement from ED on the Lock-on Gold thing :icon_arro here

- JJ,

JJ

Those of us who ended up having to order this from outside of the US got screwed big time. It cost me about 70$ to get the CD version shipped to me and now I can buy it in store for about 35$

That is crap.

And if you had waited another year, you could probably have picked it up for $10.......thats just how it goes.

- JJ.

JJ

Han from Eagle Dynamics has posted here:

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=9826

Seem that a deal between Evolved and TFC/ED happened just last week. That explains a lot. It appears that Evolved did indeed make the incorrect assumption that their deal with Ubi included the V1.1 content.

Thanks Carl - now I think we can be sure that everyone is aware of the link :biggrin:

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

And if you had waited another year, you could probably have picked it up for $10.......thats just how it goes.

- JJ.

Concur. There was no international distribution with the initial release of V1.1 FC. Has anyone confirmed that this Lock On: Gold is available internationally?

Concur. There was no international distribution with the initial release of V1.1 FC. Has anyone confirmed that this Lock On: Gold is available internationally?

Hmm - not much information to find on the Evolved Games website....doesnt even mention "Lock-on Gold".

You can have it shipped internationally from EBgames of course, but that makes it a great deal more expensive. I tried getting a shipping quote to my location(Denmark) and it was $29....which means that it would cost me a total of $54.

- JJ.

JJ

Alright now that the FC thing is cleared up, how about we discuss a little more about the Starforce Protection in the gold version? For those new people coming into this sim and buying the gold version and did not visit the forums, how are they suppose to know they had to contact SF to get it to work? I think a lot of people are going to return this product if they saw “insert valid CD.” And SF support is going to be overwhelmed by the number of e-mails they are going to get. Btw…with this gold version, how do they expect to keep it out of pirate’s reach? Couldn’t anyone ask for a code, I don’t see how SF could determine who really bought the game. That’s something ED or the publisher have to work around with. Well, anyway for those people who got the gold version and got the code from SF, could we still use the same code over and over again as we reinstall or add new hardware/software update?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

o yea...forgot to ask does Lock On Gold include the Seasonal Pack. I never did know how that worked with NP's FC because the LockOn.ru site seems it's only allowed for the download version. How did NP users get hold of the seasonal pack, i know they can download the movie pack and LOD fix. And yes i do know the gold version dont need to install the stutter fixes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]