New units request.. Robots, Aliens, Monsters

May I suggest that you try ARMA2 and their excellent user-made zombie missions?

As for ED/DCS, you're barking up the wrong tree for fantasy anything ;)

I would have still bought the game had steam never been invented, just like I did all of the other ED products. I would have felt the same way about having some spicy new fantasy units for the sake of fun. For some, and you know who you are, this idea of aliens or monsters invading is actually no joke and you know that training for a massive ufo or monster invasion in a simulator is serious business.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

This is why distributing through steam may have been a bad idea.

LOL..OMG i couldn't say it any better. Jez get a zombie game.

" I'm gonna have to be taking your car today. See I have some top secret clown business that supersedes any plans that you might have for this here vehicle."

• 4 weeks later...

Like GGTharos said.. try Arma2 Combined Operations. There you can Create any fantasy you want. From Alien Invasions to zombie wars with Star wars troopers and working Stargates. :)

It would be fun to have Mod tools for DCS like they have in Arma2. But that is never gonna happen. They will stay with beautifull realistic planes :)

To show you a alien invasion in Arma2 check the vid below.

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

First off, that is an amazing video made in the ARMA 2 game engine.

Second, if zombies show up, I'm doing a gun run. That is all. :lol: Zombies are really the last demographic you can really hate without worrying about political correctness. Though there are problems there too...

• 8 months later...
Good idea, lets call it 'DayCS'

:P

did you also came from this thread : http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92534

and just maybe confused them? (and maybe didn't wanted to put your reply in this?!)

... this one is about Robots, Aliens, Monsters ...

...Zombies can be found Here: Is it feasible? (The Z word!)

(now the circle is finally closed!:) muhhahaha!)

Edited by PeterP

- Godzilla xD

See what you caused? This is why your mother told you not to play with dead things!! :D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 5 months later...

I don't see the harm in having a few halloween / hollywood mode scenarios - lets face it, train simulator has a zombie expansion - TRAIN SIMULATOR - yeah that boring game :)

And there just aren't really many games where you can use a realistic jet or chopper against a 500m tall tripod from war of the worlds :)

I can only see positives from such a thing, the purists wouldn't play it so no harm done, but it could increase sales - which would only help to improve the game further.

btw interesting fact : There is a particular fungus that turns ants into zombies - they lose self control and the fungus makes them climb to a high place where it can grow. amazing stuff.

http://www.livescience.com/5631-zombie-ants-controlled-fungus.html

Sponsored by: http://www.ozpc.com.au

dcs zombies would be sweet! kind of like 28 days or something like that lol

"The art of simulation design is about understanding limited fidelity...

...compromises must be made. Designers have to consider cost vs. fidelity and processor time vs. fidelity. Additional trade-offs must be made between graphics, AI, flight models, number of units and more...

...never ask the pilot what he wants to learn because he too will end up building an airplane. Instead, ask the pilot what he needs to learn."

-Gilman "Chopstick" Louie