A2A Simulations P-51D Mustang

Bearitall

Should we also introduce a system whereby your DCS license gets revoked if you fail in airmanship or safety during a campaign? Ignore ATC once too many and BHAM, your license is gone pending review by a board of inquiry. :D

Jokes aside though, it would be pretty neat to have such things taken into consideration if and when we get the facilities to operate a sort of persistent scenario. Virtual Red Flag like you've never seen it before! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should we also introduce a system whereby your DCS license gets revoked if you fail in airmanship or safety during a campaign? Ignore ATC once too many and BHAM, your license is gone pending review by a board of inquiry. :D

Screw up in the traffic pattern once too many, and you're taken off the flying schedule and made a forum moderator... ;)

Edited by effte
  • Like 1

Pfff, I'll have you know I'm actually pretty good at my patterns.

Well... IRL that is. In-sim they suck. I just don't get my normal references right when looking at a screen. :P

"BFM that runway! Go on, BFM it! There you go..." :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Actually, if I did maintain a constant altitude THAT would be a violation and a straight U in Safety.

Nice try though. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Yes as part of a campaign I'd like to see this. Though in combat I'd have team of mechanics would I not?

Maybe at the arse end of a campaign, with spares running low, this would be cool. Finite weapons, fuel, and maybe parts, are on the agenda for DCS as a campaign scenario.

Nate

Yes Nate, you have the idea.:)

• ED Team
ED and marketing? They have the PR skills of a dead toad. Other than that I completely agree with you, thamuff.

ED's last attempt at PR...

The world began to collapse when the first PR guy was born...

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Go and get it while it's hot!

I have nothing FX/Accu-SIM related on my PC atm. Very interested to try the version. That said, how much will it cost me to get it up and running?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

About as much as it cost you to get DCS A-10C.

Let me rephrase: Could someone link me/PM me the install procedure. Goodness knows my google-fu is not weak but this is a hard nut to crack atm.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Let me rephrase: Could someone link me/PM me the install procedure. Goodness knows my google-fu is not weak but this is a hard nut to crack atm.

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulatorx/downloads.html#trial

You can download FSX and Accelleration whatever from there, then activate it with whatever means you want...or just head down to a grocery store that sells software and pick up FSX + Accelleration (or FSX Gold) which is already patched up. After that, then you buy the A2A Simulations Mustang.

http://www.a2asimulations.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=50

After that, any addons you may want you have to find on your own. My personal favorites are FTX/Orbx landscape terrains, REX 2.0, Aerosoft F-16, and the VRS F/A-18E Superhornet.

The world began to collapse when the first PR guy was born...

True. PR is a sorry $%^ profession in most branches, in some - a form of fully developed legalized-scam 'industry'. But sim PR can be of the honest, substantial, early-20th-century kind, you know ;)

Comparison is not valid. DCS is still in beta. Once the DCS:M is out of beta the comparison is more valid. IMHO.

A must read P-51D Status - 29 April 2012: Kindly read before reporting Bugs/Problems - ED Forums

Cool, and I can get an 8$ discount for having the old A2A P-51 or so it appears at a quick glance.:D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: