Su-30MKI WIP

tes i did it, i have juste a little problem with the cockpit,I have su25t cockpit instead of su33s one, but tvc and armement works

ok, good to hear this.

I tried to get her to work in 1.2.7 beta u2 yesterday as well but unfortunately when I launched mission Im stuck in the cockpit and cant move the head anyway ! (if I remember correctly yes its was a Su25pit I got)

the sim is running but I have no control of the plane, even F2 view doesnt work . what could have gone wrong?

maybe you can give a short tutorial how to get here flying.

edit: when I put the Su30 on AI control and have a look at her on F2, I get the new high res 3d model correctly indicated, so its just a control issue !

pls help !

thx

Edited by JABO2009

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

yes you've to put the input file for the su-30

or add this mod: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/442131/

now the Su 30 is flyable but the textures are missing ! in which file I have to link the new textures with the controls ?

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

in DCSworld/config open graphics.cfg

and when you see this kind of lines:

"./Bazar/World/textures/TexturesBMP_weapons",

"./Bazar/World/textures/WorldTexturesBMP3",

"./Bazar/World/textures/WorldTexturesTGA3",

"./Bazar/World/textures/WorldTexturesTGA2",

"./Bazar/World/textures/WorldTexturesTGA",

"./Bazar/World/textures/WorldTexturesBMP2",

.....etc

add the line: "./Bazar/World/textures/SU-30M2",

it will show the model that he has to use texutre files located in this file

in DCSworld/config open graphics.cfg

and when you see this kind of lines:

"./Bazar/World/textures/TexturesBMP_weapons",

"./Bazar/World/textures/WorldTexturesBMP3",

"./Bazar/World/textures/WorldTexturesTGA3",

"./Bazar/World/textures/WorldTexturesTGA2",

"./Bazar/World/textures/WorldTexturesTGA",

"./Bazar/World/textures/WorldTexturesBMP2",

.....etc

add the line: "./Bazar/World/textures/SU-30M2",

it will show the model that he has to use texutre files located in this file

thx Gizmondo, I already did this, but I think my problem is that I messed up something with putting both mods (Snoopys all flyable + combataces su30 into my DCS) ihave su30m2 in my config, and the model appears correct in game , but I dont get it where to change the lua's

will try again when i have time

• 2 years later...

Hey Guys,

A noob here. Does this SU-30 MKI model work in DCS 2.0 ?

Check Six!!!_:gun_sniper:_:pilotfly:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

• 1 month later...

Doesn't work in 1.5 or 2.0. The real question is will Combatace want to get it to work or if he would have to start from scratch. I'm flying my Su-30 mod in 1.5 with an ancient stock 3d model that looks like it could belong in the original game lol. I just try not to look at it from outside the cockpit. The other option is to install a previous version of DCS.

I'm hoping we could get this working again though. The Flanker looks so much better as a two seater.

Sent from my cheap Walmart Straight Talk phone using Google Chrome.

Agreed ...

I feel SU-30 MKI needs to be shown some love by DCS devs ... Its an amazing machine ...

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

• 1 month later...

Since last update 1.5.3 or something COMBATACE SU-30 Model doesnt seems to display,instead i have a black screen instead of the plane.

Did ED change again the format or something like This?

Please help to get this plane back even as IA

EDIT: found answers here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=162006&highlight=combatace

doesnt work with 1.5 :(

Edited by Gizmondo

Since last update 1.5.3 or something COMBATACE SU-30 Model doesnt seems to display,instead i have a black screen instead of the plane.

Did ED change again the format or something like This?

Please help to get this plane back even as IA

EDIT: found answers here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=162006&highlight=combatace

doesnt work with 1.5 :(

Is Combatace around nowadays ? ... Or Are any of the Third Party Devs planning on taking this forward?...

Without a good backup team of programmers I dont see this project taking wings ... need a dedicated team to get this kind of machine's control laws in place and to keep it updated with the new versions of DCS ...

Sadly I dont see that happening ...:(

Imagine having a map of the highest battlefeild on earth (Kashmir) in DCS with an extremely hostile environment where control laws are totally haywire ...

If wishes were horses ...:music_whistling:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hello guys, I am back. I would love to make it model work in DCS but the thing is you guys will have to help me get it working again because I am not at all accustom to DCS1.5 or 2.0.

Welcome back sir, it's nice to see a high-end Flanker mod for DCS but can i request you change your mod from MKI to Su-30SM?because those plane's appearance are identical :)

Feel the Rush of Superior Air Power

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well MKI is the most advanced 30 with an awesome colour and the only 30 with 3d TVC.

i am all for SU-30 MKI

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk

nope

Russian Air Force Su-30SM (same for Kazakhstan Su-30SM) is also equipped with TVC, same for Malaysian Su-30MKM and Algerian Su-30MKA

I wasn't referring to 2D TVC... I was talking about 3D TVC...:smilewink:

AFAIK, the MK family is the most avanced, and the latest is the SU-30MK2, Vietnam has his own variant called SU-30MK2V will small mods from the others, there is the list:

Su-30MKI India

Su-30MKK Export version for China.

Su-30MKM A derivative of the India-Russian Su-30MKI

Su-30MKA A version of the Su-30MKI, except with French and Russian avionics for Algeria.

Su-30MKV Export version for Venezuela.

Su-30MK2 variant for Vietnam with minor modifications.

Actually u are partially right there...

The IAF inducted the MKIs in 3 phases... the phase 1 and 2 had 2D TVC and the phase 3 had something that they called 3D TVC which was actually enhanced 2D TVC to achieve the 3D effect by angling the nozzles inward 15 degrees...

You can check it on the net ...

All SU-35 will have true 3D TVC ...

MKI is the most advanced one in the above list ...

Atleast till 2 years ago only the SU-30 MKI was advertised as 3D TVC... the rest had 2D only without the ability to angle the nozzles inwards towards each other...

all TVCs on Sukhoi family aircraft are 3D, including Su-35S

already does

MKI is the most advanced one in the above list ...

Su-30MKM is the most advanced

Atleast till 2 years ago only the SU-30 MKI was advertised as 3D TVC... the rest had 2D only without the ability to angle the nozzles inwards towards each other...

Su-30MKI, Su-30MKM, Su-30MKA, Su-30SM - they all share the same engine - AL-31FP - and it always had same TVC, never changed

Edited by ZHeN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Su-35 has the 117S engine, which is an upgraded version of the AL-31FP - it has more power(14500 kgf in AB versus 12500 kgf of AL-31F/FP) and allegedly doubled life time(to some 4000 hours), but the TVC system is the same as on the AL-31FP.