Which 27" TFT would you prefer?

They are all the same, personally I would not get that large monitor with only 1080 pixels in vertical, I have 24" with 1200 pixels and really a 27" should have at least the same or more (1600). For me 1080 is fine for watching video/movies etc it's fine but not for flight sim where I need to be able to read instruments, HUD etc... the downside to monitors with higher resolution is price of course and you need more video card power to run more pixels

No longer active in DCS...

I think it's down to personal preference, really. Kuky seems to prefer a higher resolution, which is understandable, but for me personally 1080 vertical looks great. And I use a 32" LG. Different strokes for different folks :smilewink:

I think we're at a point in time now as well, where even the lowest end TV's/Monitors are MORE than sufficient for flight simming. I would personally go for the biggest monitor/TV for the least money. It's a good time for gaming, and it's only gonna get better, methinks. Hell, I remember not too long ago playing Descent on a 14" CRT monitor at probably 320x240 or something similar, thinking it was awesome!

Core i5 750 @ 3.4Ghz | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 | ASUS P7P55D | ATI Radeon HD6970

I have the Asus VE278Q and although resolution isnt higher than a good 22", your eyes will thank the extra area. Every small detail becomes visible, not only that, the cockpits are now nearly 1/1 scale! :D

I cant seem to find a LED monitor higher than this resolutions? :huh: no 1600x1200 because they are all wide now.

I chose this model because the bezel is simple and of small proportions compared to the panel which I like. The bezel on the Samsungs are too pompous for my taste. I bought a similar one of 23" size for my sister and I personally dont like it (but she loves it), neither the flimsy base suport in acrylic, though I grant they are very slim and light.

Also, beware that the Samsungs have external power transformers and its own dedicated power cable (similar to the ones on laptops). This is why these screens are so thin.

The ASUS power supply is internal (less hassle with cables) and the power cable is the of standard ATX configuration.

If you wish for an HDMI cable for your GFX you have to purchase seperatly. Neither the 23" or the 27" models I aquired had any, only DVI.

Edited by Pilotasso

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Had it in DVI but have since changed to HDMI. :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

i have a Samsung 23" led hd tv and it sure lets you see more detail

Rare thing though is that i have a better picture with VGA than with HDMI!!

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

It's a personal preference for me really, I would like more pixels for a very large monitor, sadly these days you can hardly find a PC monitor that has more then 1080 pixels... I think now only the 30" are with high res, but these are very expensive and targeted at professionals and not for gaming.

I have a 24" with 1920x1200 resolution by the way.

No longer active in DCS...

@ilikepie

Unfortunately, I can't provide you with a link as I found this information on several forums and threads during my research which 27" TFT I should buy. Most of them were in German Forums, but check it with google, I'm sure you will find some information.

I have a 46" FullHD LED TV and 24" 1920x1200 monitor. The big TV is wastly superior to the smaller monitor as a flight sim screen despite slightly inferior resolution. The big pixels, high contrast and wide field of view makes spotting targets lot more easier. In addition the big picture just feels more natural and immersive. Of course personal taste is an issue but I'd recommend not to overlook a big TV as a sim screen simply because it has big pixels and only FullHD resolution but to see for yourself first how it looks.

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron