KA 50

I am very sorry, but I dont find this "Black Shark" addon that exiting, true, a helo sim lacks the online community these days, but, be honest, is the western half of the Lockon community waiting for this "addon"? All I have been reading is "give us the Hornet", "give us an upgrade on the F-15" and so on.... Have I lost track, and am I the one to move on?

:D

Personally I say forget the western planes, we seen enough of those in other games. Lock On is made in Russia and I would like it to stick to Russian Planes. And besides, Russian birds look hell of a lot better than western birds.

Let me add that they look a hell of a lot better when they explode too ;)

Have I lost track, and am I the one to move on?

Seriously, you have to understand that the Ka-50 is the best possible project that ED can possibly undertake in the near future, for various reasons, from systems commonality (with the Su-25T) to, well, public appeal (the Havoc/Black Shark is very popular in Russia).

And who knows, ED might be able to implement some features into the F-15C to make it more to an MSIP standard. Time will tell.

sigzk5.jpg

I kind of got to agree with Paulie ... I like fast jet sims ... and the best modelled a/c in LO 1.2 will be a helicopter and a ground attack a/c ... I hope the rest of us don't get left behind with old FMs, partial implementations of systems and an every growing wish list ... one thing for sure about the 'next product' is it will be a long way off!

As ED is a Russian company it surely is easier for them to make Russian a/c. Beside how many sims which actually included Russian planes as flyable where there?

I'm really looking forward to Black Shark! My only hope is that we will get screenshots and updates every month/week :)

Cheers

3rdELT

GROM- Grupa Reagowania Operacyjno Manewrowego

Sorry to say this but to me, Russian planes feel like a weird mixture of high tech and WW-II era technology, like unpolished gems, which have potentials, but in dire need of polishing.

Also, the Russian planes seem to be designed with the attitude: "Dying is part of the business." It would be nice if the pilot would make it back home, but if not, c'est la vie.

Please, don't ask me by which facts I draw these prejudices/conclusions, because I franky admit that I don't have too deep insight in Russian plane technology.

That said, I am not too eager to see KA50, but I hope that it will give us a more detailed terrain, because it will need a major overhaul for a helo sim. I hope that their time schedule is not too tight to deliver a decent product.

RUssian aircraft have some of the best ejection seats available in the world. They value their pilots, too.

Their electronics technology was pretty sucky, comparatively speaking, in the simulated era. This is no secret.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

the russian birds are powerful and also not as expensive and secretive as the western ones. Just think for a moment....MORE countries use russian jets in their airforce than any other nation's....INCL U.S. I also heard that pakistan which has F-16's is sometime going to sign a deal for migs or something....DON't QUOTE ME....I don't remember where I read it....but its in-evitable.....many ppl prefer the russian jets..(incl myself). However the HOG is the ONLY plane that I would LOVE ...absolutely ADORE Eagle dynamics to Improve to AFM and new standards.

• Like 1

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

People buy Russian jets because

A) US won't sell their stuff to them

b) They're cheap.

Being the best has nothing to do with it - geopolitical situation and spending power does.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Sorry to say this but to me, Russian planes feel like a weird mixture of high tech and WW-II era technology, like unpolished gems, which have potentials, but in dire need of polishing.

Actually, the Russians have perfected the K.I.S.S theory and turned it into an art form. Simplistic avionics and computer systems increase survivability, as lower tech systems tend to be more robust.

I'm reminded of a story I heard about a pilot who defected to the US, and brought his MiG-25 with him. Western designers laughed when they cracked that puppy open, and found the Russians were still using vacuum-tube based systems versus transisterization... Until someone pointed out that tubes are impervious to nuclear electromagnetic pulse effects... If WW3 would of happened, the Russian birds would still fly, ours would have fried computers!

Then we can also use the A-10 as an analogy. We have soo few high-end systems on the 'Hawg that you can shoot it to swiss-cheese, and it keeps on flying. Many Russian aircraft are in the same vein. Just enough technology to get the job done, with the rest left behind.

Ok, I'm starting to ramble now, so I'll shut up :D

You're dead wrong.

By the way, Vac tubes maybe have had more resistance to EMP, but they liked to fail extremely often, especially when mounted on aircraft or missiles.

And if WW3 would have happened, it wouldn't matter what aircraft you'd be using.

As for the A-10, it's meant to be a cheap, repleacable aircraft.

Do not think that crappy tech=KISS. It never was and never will be true.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To be fair to him, in some aspects simplicity and ease of maintenance go hand in hand - and yes, the Russians do like it.

Being able to operate MiGs from unprepared strips, being able to run Su25s on diesel, hardly ever having to service military equipment from APCs to assault rifles . . . . . it's all useful to a point.

The only vacume tube I'd want to see in a 90's era plance is a CRT (Which is a modern valve, & pretty reliable - when was the last time the tube went on your TV?)

Don't know about the KISS thing, I suspect the Russians made their planes as tricky as they could, however I was trolling through millitary avaition sites the other day ( sorry - can't remember where ) & found a table with expected time between failures for various systems for most of the planes in LO. I was surprised at how short these were generaly ( I see why it's an option in the game setup ) & also how much greater the time between expected failures were for Russian planes than US planes.

Cheers.

Good to know ... interesting how they could keep up the MBTF yet they could barely process 6 simultaneous targets in SNP. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vacuum tubes are still the #1 choice in guitar amplifiers!! My Ampeg head has 2 power tubes, 4 preamp tubes, a reverb driver tube, and a phase inverter tube . . .

But that is a bit funny that they were used in 80's era Russian aircraft.

Don't know - maybe the components were reliable, but heavy & large.

Maybe ( as someone in another thread suggested) their code writing wasn't efficient enough.

Maybe ( in keeping with the "why would a pilot need good vision from the plane when there's a perfectly good controller on the ground" design strategy they seem to have followed prior to this generation of planes ) they just didn't understand what an advantage the extra processing power would be IRL.

In the late 90's I remember reading a review of some car that the Russians had just put on the market. Reliable, good looking, handled well. The reviewer said it could easily have won European car of the year - in 1989.

Maybe Russian electronics in the 90's were in a similar state

Cheers.

The electronics were far far behind the competition - we're talking inadequate processor power, not code. In any case, those were solid state I'm pretty sure ... vacuum tube electronics have traditionally been pretty poor performers on aircraft, and more so on missiles.

A lot of the low Pk in vietnam is attributed to the vacuum tubes used onboard - the missiles started hitting much much more often once the missiles were switched to solid state electronics.

In any case, they were at a big disadvantage in that area from what I've seen so far.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

KA-50

I for one will look forward to the 1.2 release.

The product from this company is superior to any other sim I,ve flown.

If they choose to model a Helo so be it.

I'll learn something new.

And have hours of fun in the process.

The entertainment value for these sim's is incredable.

for 39.00USD you get months and months of enjoyment.

Plus customer support (patches) and support communities for further

improvement.

I have got huge enjoyment so far from LO and FC and am waiting anxiously for the FREE patch comming soon.

No complaints from me at all.

Keep up the good work.

I wish American products were this good but that's a bygone era.

Regards,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Christopher M

The entertainment value for these sim's is incredable.

for 39.00USD you get months and months of enjoyment.

Plus customer support (patches) and support communities for further

improvement.I have got huge enjoyment so far from LO and FC and am waiting anxiously for the FREE patch comming soon.

Patches are supposed to be free ;) And no offense to anyone, but there are far bigger and more extensive communities than Lock On has.

No complaints from me at all.

Keep up the good work.

I wish American products were this good but that's a bygone era.

Hm, though I think such a stab at the U.S. is both unnecessary and unwarranted, I do recommend you try some Canadian products :D

sigzk5.jpg