Switch from Trackir to Mouse view in game?

StarHopper

Hey guys. Is there anyway to switch from trackir to mouse view control ingame? I'm using facetracknoir which is decent for looking out the windows and near guages, but I need to switch to mouse view to look at controls to the side, below, and behind me. A button to transfer view control would be very much appreciated!

just setup some custom snapviews.

I dont think you can use both mouse+trackIR. its either one or the other.

+1, and you will force a fight between the two, manifested as constant jerks of the view everytime you move the mouse with trackIR on..

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Isn't this simply a matter of pausing TrackIR? TrackIR's "Pause" hotkey (F9 in the default profile) should do the trick. With TrackIR paused, view control is automatically (re-) transfered to whatever it would be without TrackIR.

You may still have to cycle through the mouse modes with LALT+c for the mouse to function as "mouse look" in Black Shark.

As I understand it, this should solve your problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I don't think that works. 1) I'm using FaceTrackNoIR which doesnt have that key, and 2) I think all that does in TrackIR is stop head tracking. You still can't use the mouse. What we need is something in the game that stops the TrackIR and switches the game over to the mouse panning. I think DCS itself would have to program that into the sim. It sure would make things better.

Yeah, I don't think that works. 1) I'm using FaceTrackNoIR which doesnt have that key, and 2) I think all that does in TrackIR is stop head tracking. You still can't use the mouse. What we need is something in the game that stops the TrackIR and switches the game over to the mouse panning. I think DCS itself would have to program that into the sim. It sure would make things better.

Are you sure there's no such key? The FaceTrackNoIR Manual seems to indicate otherwise.

Could you try to remap that Start/stop function to a key that is not in use by BS?

I'm not an expert in how headtrackers integrate into sims, but from the way TrackIR can be toggled on/off at any time (and release view control back to the sim when in the off-state) I assume that it's not actually BS (or any other program) that needs to integrate a headtracker on/off switch, I think it's the tracker's software that needs to integrate such a switch.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

I think there's a way.

I actually had this working just fine the other day, and I'm not exactly sure now, why I can't get it working again. Suppose I could be hallucinating or and off chance quirk, but I'm pretty sure I remember being like:

"Oh this is awesome!"

Now, I can't figure it out, hence I landed here.

| A-10C | Ka-50 | F-86 | Mig-15 | P-51D |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 7 years later...

I have a similar problem. I'm experimenting with OpenTrack for the first time and I can stop tracking there with a keybind - but that does not allow me to move the view with mouse or with already assign buttons. I have to go to Adjust Controls and click on the dropdown menu triangle in the TrackIR column header to Disable it in there. Having a button shortcut would be great.

The problem is that DCS has no idea I paused the tracking in the opentrack. There should be a way to pause the tracking actually in DCS.

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube