BS2 and A-10C

volk-19

As soon as the combatibilitiy patch comes out next week [ or so ] then it will be fine..

EDIT: As long as you have BS1 to upgrade from..

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Do we know, or can I ask please how the forth coming Nevada update to A10C might effect BS2?

No information yet. I'm hoping it'll be a "DCS" add-on rather than a "DCS: A-10C" add-on and therefore work for both A-10C or BS2. DCS: Nellis AFB :)

Since the technology and code base of BS2 and A-10C are the same now that should be quite possible. No need for three years of upgrades in this case.

My only fear is what ED is going to do since that product will be "free" for many A-10C owners.

Why fear it?

Its free for the a10c beta testers all others will pay. I'm sure that is what Wags said awhile back.

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/

Confirmation on free nevada terrain for A10 pre orders however would be nice.

See wags disclaimer signature...

at the moment though i am keen to have a patch for the BS2 patch to iron out a plethora of gamebreaking bugs.

Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4, i5-2500k, 16GB ram, HD5870.

Lockon, Flaming cliffs 2.0, Blackshark, Blackshark 2, DCS A10.

Why fear it?

There's a few ways it could go:

1. It's released as a "DCS add-on" which works for both or either game.

All pre-order A-10C pilots gets it for free, and many already have BS2, so it sells almost nothing. Everyone is happy, except for ED.

2. It's release as a separate add-on for either A-10 or BS2 individually.

All pre-order A-10C pilots get it for free but everyone needs to buy it for BS2, even though they "already have it" for A-10C. No one is happy, probably not even ED.

3. It's released as a DCS add-on which works for both or either game, but it's $40 for everyone.

All pre-order A-10C pilots get it for $20 getting "the map" for free but in order to still make money ED charges for EDGE upgrades to both games. Not sure who'd be happy with this scenario to be honest. The most money for ED, but getting around the "you're getting it for free" thing would be really tricky.

None of those scenarios are really good for both the fans and ED, so hopefully their marketing team is smarter than I! :)

Certainly something to think about...

Being an A10c beta purchaser and being promised Nevada for free, as it was included when i purchased A10c, and having just paid for a BS / A10c compatibility patch, that we were certainly never warned would cost money, I would be very piss off to have to pay for another thing to make them compatible again.

There are lots of people who were not part of the A10c beta, this is where ED will make there revenue from with Nevada map, not the customers who paid for it already.

Continuing to upgrade and support the DCS series will bring in new customers, making present customers pay for said upgrades like EDGE will drive many away. I've paid $140 for two modules.. i personally think that is enough.

Edited by MadTommy

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

Confirmation on free nevada terrain for A10 pre orders however would be nice.

See wags disclaimer signature...

at the moment though i am keen to have a patch for the BS2 patch to iron out a plethora of gamebreaking bugs.

Please start a new thread in the bug section listing this "plethora of gamebreaking bugs"

Nate

They should just announced DCS: F-18 coming out next month with EDGE, then make the Nevada map an optional DLC. That way I get to fly my Hornet soon and the whole "Nevada is paid for but mostly free" thing won't piss off players much.

Then they could release a series of DCS: F-18 "Sea Theater" maps, one for each ocean! Development time should be really quick since they'll all be exclusively water only maps, just tinted with different weather patterns of course. Price them at $10 each!

Then charge $40 (or $20 if you own any previous DCS module product) for a ocean <-> land map compatibility upgrade so your carrier based F-18 can fly from it's ocean map onto the Georgia or Nevada map. Of course this would force the DCS-verse to acknowledge that California has fallen into the ocean to explain Nellis being beach front property.

Maybe I should join ED as their marketing guy!

Please start a new thread in the bug section listing this "plethora of gamebreaking bugs"

Nate

No problem, I have reported a few so far, as have loads of other users. looks like 2 and a half pages worth so far.

Could you please create a forum subsection for blackshark2 bug reports? so that we can differentiate between blackshark original and blackshark2 seeing as they are two different games.

regards./

Doug

edit:

Sorry for the use of the word 'gamebreaking' as most of the two pages are small glitches, although i have posted one that will result in a crash to desktop each time. I know its early days yet.

Edited by igeighty
spelling

Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4, i5-2500k, 16GB ram, HD5870.

Lockon, Flaming cliffs 2.0, Blackshark, Blackshark 2, DCS A10.

Hi guys, I know you have already stated that for network compatability we have to wait for the new A10 patch to come out hopefuly sometime this week.

However on the change log posted yesterday, it states this.

Black Shark 2 List of New and Improved Features

List of changes between Black Shark 2 and A-10C v.1.1.0.9:

• Player controlled Ka-50

• Ka-50 cockpit in improved and more efficient EDM format

• Dynamic cockpit shadows

• Adjusted rotor effects for the Ka-50 flight model

• Network compatibility with DCS: A-10C Warthog

Now as I read this, it looks like Blackshark 2 adds Network Compataibility with A10 1.1.0.9

Can you just confirm that If am reading this right or wrong.

not trying to start a complant or any other moan, Just trying to get a definant answer for my sqn, who after seeing this are saying BS2 and A10 and now compatable.

I was under the impression that this isnt possible until patch 1.1.1.0 comes out in a few days. Fingers crossed

sorry for asking what should be a straight forward answer.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Now as I read this, it looks like Blackshark 2 adds Network Compataibility with A10 1.1.0.9

Can you just confirm that If am reading this right or wrong.

Wrong :)

Or half-right if you want to get technical. BS2 adds network capability, but it's one half of the puzzle. A-10C 1.1.1.0 is the other half of the puzzle needed to ensure full network integration.

As stated previously, A-10C patch 1.1.1.0 is expected to be released soon.

List of changes between Black Shark 2 and A-10C v.1.1.0.9:

• Network compatibility with DCS: A-10C Warthog

Read correctly, the above quote infers that what BS2 has got which A-10C 1.1.0.9 has not, ie Network Compatibility.

Edited by 159th_Viper

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Cheers Viper, Thats what I thought, Just needed good evidance from a Mod to show my Impatient pilots. :)

Sorry for such a Noob question, but its the only way those guys would believe me.

Cowboy10uk

They like to read what the want to hear into statements, Like most people :) Sorry for taking up your time with something that I thought was pretty obvious, Hence why i needed someone to come on with the statement which you have just said, that the changes are improvements on TOP on what we had in 1.1.0.9

Edited by Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

BS2 will be compatible with A-10C when A-10C is version 1.1.1.0

*sniped big time :D

Got to be quick to beat Viper :)

Cheers anyway, Just more evidance, so I can tell these guys to wind their necks in and just Enjoy BS2, They will be flying it with the A10 soon enough

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]