Track IR and FPS

junae

Hi buddies,

I'm starting to think about buy track IR and use it in Lomac, but first I'd like to know if it has an impact (subtle or huge) in FPS.

When some of you intalled it, did you notice some degradation in performance?

Thanks in advance ;)

=FN= Six o'Clock

Member of Falcões da Noite Squadron

Florianopolis :: Brazil

Nice! That's a really good news... I'll buy one soon, hehe!

Hey friends, let me take the chance and ask one more:

What's the difference between Track IR 3 and Vector Expansion? Is VE only a set of a hat, a plastic support and some gray stickers? It cost almost $35! What's the benefits it brings on lomac for example?

=FN= Six o'Clock

Nice! That's a really good news... I'll buy one soon, hehe!

Hey friends, let me take the chance and ask one more:

What's the difference between Track IR 3 and Vector Expansion? Is VE only a set of a hat, a plastic support and some gray stickers? It cost almost $35! What's the benefits it brings on lomac for example?

currently not that much, but you can zoom in by moving your head forwards and vice versa. I think 1.2 may support more head movement.

BTW I have no problem running trackir with lomac, but it depends on your system. Everything has SOME impact, so if you've got low fps at the moment, then you may notice a degradation.

If you have the cash get the vector, you will not regret it. I have one and wouldn't fly without it. The current zoom feature along is worth the bucks and future add ons will bring even more benefits. Once you get pass the short learning cruve you will love it.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Slight fps hit, but hardly noticable.

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

If you have the cash get the vector, you will not regret it. I have one and wouldn't fly without it. The current zoom feature along is worth the bucks and future add ons will bring even more benefits. Once you get pass the short learning cruve you will love it.

I did try the verctor exp. (zoom) for a while but I didn`t like the default

zoom center - too close - and I wasn`t able to change it. Do you know how

to "zoom" the default out a bit, BTW?

What would really do it for me is being able to shift my head left and right

to look around this friggin canopy frame!

Oh, I didn`t notice any FPS drop

Crusty - did you try just editing snapviews.lua changing it to :

nap[4][13] = {}

Snap[4][13]["viewAngle"] = 135.0

Snap[4][13]["vAngle"] = -9.382137298584

Snap[4][13]["hAngle"] = 0

(the plane the [4] refers to is listed at the top of views.LUA, 135 is zoomed out quite a way...

Cheers.

Crusty - did you try just editing snapviews.lua changing it to :

nap[4][13] = {}

Snap[4][13]["viewAngle"] = 135.0

Snap[4][13]["vAngle"] = -9.382137298584

Snap[4][13]["hAngle"] = 0

(the plane the [4] refers to is listed at the top of views.LUA, 135 is zoomed out quite a way...

I`ll try it, thanks

If you can afford the VE, get it!! even without the zoom function, its great. With the old "follow the dot" system, if you lean left or right in your chair, TIR will think you have turned your head and move your view. With VE, it tracks your head movements, so leaning left or right will not make the TIR think you turned your head.. it knows you have only moved left or right. No more having to keep very very still in your chair :)

...and future Lockon products (1.2) will support the 6DOF option with VE, so you can lean left or right and look round things in the cockpit....

Hey guys, thanks for all the info, I'm really confident to buy TIR now!

Is the boxes (Track IR and Vector Expansion) too heavy, The shipping costs to Brazil are very expensive (measured by Kg).

=FN= Six o'Clock

If you can afford the VE, get it!! even without the zoom function, its great. With the old "follow the dot" system, if you lean left or right in your chair, TIR will think you have turned your head and move your view. With VE, it tracks your head movements, so leaning left or right will not make the TIR think you turned your head.. it knows you have only moved left or right. No more having to keep very very still in your chair :)

...and future Lockon products (1.2) will support the 6DOF option with VE, so you can lean left or right and look round things in the cockpit....

I think my post was a bit low key, I should have mentioned that since buying a TIR1, I've never flown without one! And that was with the dodgy mouse emulation, before enhanced mode came out. I upgraded to the TIR3 and eventually the VE, and they were both made unexpectedly big improvements improvements.

I guess I've used it so long I've forgotten what a major difference it originally made.

Echo all these posts-

TIR 3 Vector is simply incredible- Once you are comfortable you'll never want to use anything else. It takes the immersion factor for this SIM several pegs up the ladder in my opinion.

LOMAC would not be the same SIM without it.

9sqcrest.jpg

90 years of Excellence