Need to get up to speed

SuperKungFu

Hey guys, not sure if anyone still remembers me around here but I've been around since the very old lock on years. I stopped playing due to personal obligations with family about a year and a half ago, since then I missed soo much. I tried installing my old FC but starforce came up with an error message so I'll just skip right into DCS A-10C.

If someone could just summarize the essentials for DCS A-10C, like any must-have mods. What's the installation procedures....etc. I would appreciate it.

I guess I should purchase DCS A-10C off of steam? it's 19.99 right now, great price for a great game unless there's something wrong with the download copy? Let me know, thanks!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For me, the onlt must have mod for A-10C and BS2 is the luckubob9's hardened shelter mod (new 3D EDM model) (THREAD HERE) and possibly Mustang's high resolution terrain noise texture (THREAD HERE)

I also use my own high density bushes/clutter (THREAD HERE) and extra increased structures visibility distance mod (THREAD HERE)

Use my mods only if you have decent overclock on your CPU and high end video card as they will reduce sim performance :D the other 2 are not so resource hungry

Oh and, welcome back PandaKungFu... erm... SuperKungFu :D

No longer active in DCS...

I guess I should purchase DCS A-10C off of steam? it's 19.99 right now, great price for a great game unless there's something wrong with the download copy? Let me know, thanks!

You can download the latest v1.1.1.1 non-steam installer files and use your steam key

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?scr=product&ProductId=8&end_pos=135&lang=en

See this thread for further info (The version they mention is the previous one but it doesn't matter):

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=82412

Ah thanks I'll check out those links and mods. Glad to see some few familiar faces around here. Cheers!

One question I had is getting up to the latest patch and what are the procedures. I just downloaded the A-10C off of steam, installed it. But I'm not sure which is my current version. 1.00...etc?

And which patch do I download off of the DCS website that is compatible with the steam version?

Edited by SuperKungFu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I remember you Super :)

I'd go with Kuky's selection and maybe these as well:

Tom Weiss's A-10c single color label mod

Beaker's Thin Vapor mod for A-10c

Blaze/Pycfam A-10c Transparent status bar

Combined Forces Mod by Beczl (NOTE: be very careful when installing this mod and make sure EVERY folder is open and EVERYTHING is copied into correct directories) seem's to be a common mistake that someone forgets a folder but it's a GREAT mod.

I think all are available either on this site or Lockonfiles

There are plenty of skins floating about as well for the A-10c

Welcome back :)

Update to Modman 7.xxxx and add Tom Weiss's A-10c mod for Modman as well (makes life a lot easier)

Ohhhhhh and make sure you update to A-10c V 1.1.1.1

Edited by BrumTx

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

I remember you Super :)

I'd go with Kuky's selection and maybe these as well:

Tom Weiss's A-10c single color label mod

Beaker's Thin Vapor mod for A-10c

Blaze/Pycfam A-10c Transparent status bar

Combined Forces Mod by Beczl (NOTE: be very careful when installing this mod and make sure EVERY folder is open and EVERYTHING is copied into correct directories) seem's to be a common mistake that someone forgets a folder but it's a GREAT mod.

I think all are available either on this site or Lockonfiles

There are plenty of skins floating about as well for the A-10c

Welcome back :)

Update to Modman 7.xxxx and add Tom Weiss's A-10c mod for Modman as well (makes life a lot easier)

Ohhhhhh and make sure you update to A-10c V 1.1.1.1

Important to note that combined forces breaks MP play because of integrity check.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

The version off Steam I beieve is 1.0.0.9. After you get it, go to the Download Patch section here at DCS and get 1.1.1.1 and you will be up to date.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

The 1.1.1.1 patch won't apply to the stream version. Steam will release a patch at sometime...your best bet would be to download the full 1.1.1.1 version from the dcs web site and get your cd key from steam. Your stream cd key will work with the dcs website download.

Pacotito

I7-5820k@4.5 Z99 extreme4 16gb ddr4

520gb ssd. Gigabyte ssc GTX960 SSC 4gb

That's the full game UPDATE DO NOT uninstall the steam version you already have that's needed as a base for V 1.1.1.1.

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

The update/upgrade version only applies to bs2. The 4.59gb A10 is the full standalone installer. So I dont think you need the steam version installed. Yes use your steam cd key.

Edited by pacotito

Pacotito

I7-5820k@4.5 Z99 extreme4 16gb ddr4

520gb ssd. Gigabyte ssc GTX960 SSC 4gb

It's better to download files from ED website and only use cd key you got from Steam to activate, this way you have control of updating the sim straight away when next patch is out instead of relying on Steam to update on their end

No longer active in DCS...

The update/upgrade version only applies to bs2. The 4.59gb A10 is the full standalone installer. So I dont think you need the steam version installed.

thats what i was thinking too because when I run the patch installer, it's pointing at:C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C

But in reality there's nothing there since I installed it through steam. So the actual file location should have been here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dcs a-10c warthog

I was wondering should I direct the patch installation to the steam address above?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]