Problem Firing the Maverick Missile.

cagrimes

I just resently purchased the DCS A-10c Warthog and patch up to V1.1.1.1.

It's the best Looking + Stable flight sim I've ever owned and I got them all :-)))). I've been trying to setup/Map the function key's necessary to Employ the AGM-65 Maverick with no success. I've watched Tutorial Videos

on youtube and read a lot of different procedures from guy's flying the A-10C warthog one in particular (SEE ATTACHED). Well I don't know how to ATTACHED files to this message so Can someone help me with this problem ???

Thanks

cagrimes

I just resently purchased the DCS A-10c Warthog and patch up to V1.1.1.1.

It's the best Looking + Stable flight sim I've ever owned and I got them all :-)))). I've been trying to setup/Map the function key's necessary to Employ the AGM-65 Maverick with no success. I've watched Tutorial Videos

on youtube and read a lot of different procedures from guy's flying the A-10C warthog one in particular (SEE ATTACHED). Well I don't know how to ATTACHED files to this message so Can someone help me with this problem ???

Thanks

cagrimes

Hiya. I'm curious, are you having problems setting up the keybinds with your joystick or is the problem that you don't know what to setup? Could you elaborate about your problem a little bit more?

Hiya. I'm curious, are you having problems setting up the keybinds with your joystick or is the problem that you don't know what to setup? Could you elaborate about your problem a little bit more?

Hi

I'm ATTACHING the intructions that I've been trying to follow and I Mapped my

T16000M joystick for each one of the default keyboard commands. I can

never get the AGM-65 Missile set up and the target in the right MFD to lock onto.

SEE ATTACHED

cagrimes

1085999924_FIREINGMAV.jpg.1495f33e289a56222c35b09bfc7bf6cc.jpg

if your slewing the mav around it will eventually lock on a valid target providing you are in range. Maybe you have not selected the mav's in DSMS? Have you done your FENCE checks?

the TMS up short is used for when you are slaving the mav to a SPI (TGT Pod is the best way IMO)

if your slewing the mav around it will eventually lock on a valid target providing you are in range. Maybe you have not selected the mav's in DSMS? Have you done your FENCE checks?

the TMS up short is used for when you are slaving the mav to a SPI (TGT Pod is the best way IMO)

hold your horses now!

First of all:

Master Arm --> Arm

DSMS --> MSL --> EO ON (wait for alignment to complete)

Coolie hat up short (HUD is now SOI, small asterix left side of the hud)

DMS left/right short to select Maverick profile.

Find your target with TGP, when the crosshairs are on the target. Press and HOLD TMS UP (1sec). This will set you SPI (Sensor Point of Interest) on the target

Coolie hat right short, then coolie hat right LONG (1sec) to set Mav as SOI (or just click twice on Mav OSB button)

China hat forward LONG (1 sec).

Now your maverick will slave to your SPI.

China hat forward short (max 0.5sec) (this will change FOV aka. zoom in your Mav).

On the left side on the mav screen an indexer will appear when your are closer then 10.5nm to your target. Wait until it says 7nm. Then press TMS up SHORT, your Mav will now try to track. Sometimes you must try several times to do TMS up SHORT.

The tracking gate will collapse when the maverick has locked. Sometimes it doesn't collapse, but the white lines in the cross will start to flash rapidly.

When you have a lock, press and HOLD weapon release. The mav should fire.

If this doesn't work for you, google some mav tutorials.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

hold your horses now!

First of all:

Master Arm --> Arm

DSMS --> MSL --> EO ON (wait for alignment to complete)

Coolie hat up short (HUD is now SOI, small asterix left side of the hud)

DMS left/right short to select Maverick profile.

Exactly.. I suppose you just didn't "switch on" your maverick :)

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hi Dejjvid

Thanks for replying to my post and if you can help it will be appreciated. My major problem is not knowing the abbreviations of the equipment used like,

DSMS,MSL,EO ON, TGP. In your reply you mentioned the DMS left/right short,

coolie hat right short,coolie hat right long. What does the "Short" and " Long"

represent ? So as I've said if I knew what the abbreviations stood for this would come easier for me. Can you tell me if the Abbreviations documented

in the manual or some were else ?

Thanks

cagrimes

. Can you tell me if the Abbreviations documented

Flight Manual pgs 86-93.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Hi Dejjvid

Thanks for replying to my post and if you can help it will be appreciated. My major problem is not knowing the abbreviations of the equipment used like,

DSMS,MSL,EO ON, TGP. In your reply you mentioned the DMS left/right short,

coolie hat right short,coolie hat right long. What does the "Short" and " Long"

represent ? So as I've said if I knew what the abbreviations stood for this would come easier for me. Can you tell me if the Abbreviations documented

Thanks

cagrimes

Short and Long represent how long you are support to hold down the specific button. Short is a tap, long is a hold.

TMS: Targeting Management System

DMS: Data Management System

CMS: Counter Measure Systems (Chaff and Flares)

TGP: Targeting Pod (Long Distance Camera)

EO: Not sure but it's basically the fact that you must "warm" the MAV seekers.

Here is a list of what your HOTAS functions are. I suggest printing them out, I still have to look at them every once in awhile. (At the top it says "TAD, TGP, HUD, AIM9, MAV" and these columns are for when you have each of these instruments as SOI (which you can set with the Coolie Hat)).

Must haves for HOTAS being mapped to your joystick or knowing keyboard shortcuts:

MasterMode Button, DMS, TMS, CMS, Weapon Release, Trigger, Trim, Speedbrake, Boat Switch, China Hat, Slew Control, Coolie Hat

For everything else you can live without having mapped for now.

Once you've mapped each of these things appropriately, make a game with some fuel trucks and some mav's (or I could make it for you) and then just try the steps that other people have laid out while refering to the HOTAS Function Car.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. The A-10 manual isn't the easiest thing in the world.

Edited by The-Sky
  • Like 1

cagrimes, keep in mind, if you are doing an "instant action" mission nearly all the weapons system will be ready to go. Just select mavs, target and shoot. Whereas anything where you take off you will have to configure the weapons to be ready.

Its a steep learning curve, but that is 1/2 the fun :)

Really good post The-Sky!

As for the abbreviations, please refer to the manual as Viper wrote and The-Sky's excellent crash course. It's essential that you fully understand SOI and SPI. That's step one.

Step two is to memorize all the buttons that the real A-10C has on its HOTAS.

I strongly recommend that you bind everything to your HOTAS.

Step three is understanding of CCRP, CCIP, DSMS profiles and control of the TGP.

I've read the whole manual several times and played since first public beta. And I still learn something new every time I fly or read the manual.

This sim is by far the most complex sim available to the public. And that's what makes is so special, and requires alot of time to master.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

Hi Dejjvid

I'm trying to map my joysick according to your procedure for employing the AGM-65 and when you said press "TMS UP SHORT" when in range for the missile

to track. I don't see "TMS UP" included in the default keyboard list. I see Forward/AFT/RIGHT/LEFT. Is it not there or am I missing it ,please HELP!!!!

Thanks

cagrimes

Hi Dejjvid

I'm trying to map my joysick according to your procedure for employing the AGM-65 and when you said press "TMS UP SHORT" when in range for the missile

to track. I don't see "TMS UP" included in the default keyboard list. I see Forward/AFT/RIGHT/LEFT. Is it not there or am I missing it ,please HELP!!!!

Thanks

cagrimes

TMS UP is the same as TMS Forward and TMS Down is the same as TMS aft. They are named forward and aft because of how they are physically setup on the real thing.

Intel i7 990X, 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 470 x2 SLI, Win 7 x64

http://picasaweb.google.com/sweinhart