Devil Out to Get me. Installation and Problem Running

dne48

Need some help. I downloaded yesterday and installed and could not run the sim. I have had the A-10 since the very beginning without any problems. When first trying training and any part of P-51, I have an error that said DCS Beta version not running. Window 7 checking and etc. So I uninstalled everything (I had checked and all files were there) and when I when to re-install the application (the DCS world large file or whatever it is called) and double clicked on it, it was deleted!!! Not in my recycle bin. Its GONE. Now what? I have to go and spend 13 hours downloading this again, and if it downloads then where am I at. HAving had no problems with DCS A-10 or the DCS Blackshark, I am really sweating that I am out $40.00. Any help would be appreciated

"To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home."-----anonymous

Hi, I find it's good practice to have the torrent downloaded and kept in its original download location. I then copy the files to a small library where I have the DCS a10 and BS installers, all in their own folders.

When I know all is qwell I'll delete the torrent and possibly back up the DCS files to a DL DVD, or just keep them on my 1TB drive where I keep most things.

Unless your computer is doing very strange things, or you removed the files without knowing , I can't see how that file will have just been deleted.

Maybe a disk cleanup utility empties your recycle bin, comething like ccleaner does this.

I would download the torrent as it's hash checked and you can be sure you have a reliable source file/s.

After that I would then make sure to install the DCS World files first, in their own specific location, separate to the original installs you may have and, if you're like me, preferrably to a separate drive altogether from the operating system/program files folders. After the DCS World has installed, then install the P51 installer. You should be good to go. I very much doubt there will be a need to worry about your money spent. I'm sure people here will be able to get you up and running or tell you might be wrong. J

Just make sure you have the files downloaded and safe, I'd recommend using utorrent and downloading the torrent from the website.

If you need help with this, don't hesitate to ask.

Corsair 550D / Be Quiet 650W Pro 10 / ASUS P8Z77-V Pro / Intel i5 3570K / 16GB Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz / EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2 4GB / 128GB Samsung 830 / RME HDSPe Multiface 2 / 1TB Samsung F3 / Prolimatech Megalames Rev. B / Windows 10 / BenQ XL2420T / Saitek X52 Pro / Kone Pure+ / Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja

Norton AV?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yes I have Norton. I disabled the anti virus but not the firewall during the download. All 5 files showed they were there. Nate, its gone! I am downloading again and on a fairly decent internet cable and it is still taking me an eta of 13 hours. So, could have used a little more help as computer is functioning with absolutely every program I have without problems. Including the A-10. Thank you Bodo for your patient understanding and assistance

"To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home."-----anonymous

You should have selected your torrent program to only download the file that was missing. Norton will still cause problems even though it is disabled - it never really is.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

DNE48 disable everything norton that you can. I had the same issue. However when I disabled all of norton I was able to get the installer to work just fine. I then reenabled norton after install and have had no issues.

For some reason Nortons is flagging the world and P-51 installer as a virus and deleting the file from your computer. I do belive I disabled firewall and anti virus.

I torrented the intial download but when I went to install world Nortons erased the app. So I just downloaded the world app from the website and all was good.

This is an example of why I do not use Norton anymore.;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Other people reported this Norton just goes ahead and deletes it with no notification and it is indeed gone. Norton is a bit overzealous. You can always use the system restore in windows instead of redownloading...then disable nortons before you try to install again. My guess it it's detecting the copy protection as a virus.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Norton deleted it for me but it wasn't gone altogether. Go into your Norton History and it should be in there. Then just restore it. Hope this helps.

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic90244_1.gif[/sIGPIC]Windows 7 Ultimate 64 on OCZ SSD, (AM3)AMD955BE x4 3.2GHz - GPU AMD6950 x2Gb - 16Gb Ripjaw G-Skill DDR3 PC12800 1600MHz

https://www.facebook.com/#!/FerociousFrankie

Indeed, you can retrieve the file through Norton itself - just go to the entry where it told you it had deleted a "threat", tell it it wasn't a threat and have it restore the file. Quite simple. :)

Personally, I'd rather have an AV that gives a few too many false positives than a few too many false negatives... ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

This is an example of why I do not use Norton anymore.;)

Yep, me too, not on my gaming PC. I only run the Windows freebie.

Norton 360 Premiere is the best I have tried and never lost a hard drive in 3 years of using it, but not on my gaming PC, its a hog.

Edited by ErichVon

Yep, me too, not on my gaming PC. I only run the Windows freebie.

I certainly would not go that far.;)

I've done everythinn that has been suggested. Everything. I have downloaded once again, have all the files. Did a CC cleaner a couple of times. Changed the settings in case in needed to run as an administrator; did the user control setting- I can't think of another thing that I missed. After 7 hours, and installed 3 times, I still get to the point where I can't get it running. I get the music, the scree,. the bar goes to 100%. I have went into the training area- instant action and etc. I'll see if a night sleep and any other ideas help. Otherwise, seriously, life is too short to be frustrated to this level. I always have WOP with the P-51 and the FSX (OH I can't hardly stand it anymore) to fly the P-51 and will see if I can get a refund. How I love the props even more than jets but as i mentioned, at my age (60+) with thousands of hours in flight sims, I ain't got that much time left. Thanks to all

OK, now we have a whole new issue. Now that you got around the AV stuff give it a chance. It is a Beta for one thing.

First, tell us your hardware setup and OS and then I am sure the folks here will get you going.

I had that at first until I upgraded to Win7 64bit...then all is fine...

Are you running Win7 64bit????:music_whistling:

Yes, I am. Just getting started after a night of sleep. Will see what goes today. Thank you

dne48, try a new user account? At least that will check whether it's a system wide issue.

Maybe update all drivers, especially Graphics and Direct X.

Make sure the Visual C++ stuff is installed and up to date.

Then you can try MSCONFIG to see if things are running in the background are causing errors with the original user account.

Start>and in the search box, type MSCONFIG.

On the general tab, choose selective startup and untick load startup items.

Here is a guide for ccleaner, I'd recommend sticking to it as I've experienced using ccleaner and being a bit over the top with it and it just ends up causing problems:

Here

If you need hekp with any of this, just ask.

Corsair 550D / Be Quiet 650W Pro 10 / ASUS P8Z77-V Pro / Intel i5 3570K / 16GB Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz / EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2 4GB / 128GB Samsung 830 / RME HDSPe Multiface 2 / 1TB Samsung F3 / Prolimatech Megalames Rev. B / Windows 10 / BenQ XL2420T / Saitek X52 Pro / Kone Pure+ / Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja

THis could have been my dream come true, but it isn't going to happen. Thanks for your help, So long everyone, its back to the A-10 for me. 36 hours of pure hell for me. Is there any chance of a refund who has bought Lock On, the sequel, the DCS Black Shark and DCS A-10? A few days worth of wages?

After many, many tries, then I was hopefull with the new version/patch that was released recently. I downlaoded this one, which took about 16 hours and still a no go. If anyone lives within 100 miles of Fargo North, Dakota and wants a huge steak dinner, all you can eat and a place to stay for the night- plus a lot of good flying simulation comraderie- and you get this SOB running- I will appreciate it and fill your belly. Otherwise, i will be deleting this and as i said earlier go back to the A-10 and FSX with the P-51. What a DAMN shame. Sorry., but after 20+ hours what else can I say? And if i hear one more time about my computer and system check, then I hope the computer explodes i am outta here forever

After many, many tries, then I was hopefull with the new version/patch that was released recently. I downlaoded this one, which took about 16 hours and still a no go. If anyone lives within 100 miles of Fargo North, Dakota and wants a huge steak dinner, all you can eat and a place to stay for the night- plus a lot of good flying simulation comraderie- and you get this SOB running- I will appreciate it and fill your belly. Otherwise, i will be deleting this and as i said earlier go back to the A-10 and FSX with the P-51. What a DAMN shame. Sorry., but after 20+ hours what else can I say? And if i hear one more time about my computer and system check, then I hope the computer explodes i am outta here forever

Now going on 22+ hours!

AM I the only one in the universe that can't get this working? I've installed the newest beta version, and feel like I have followed the instructions to the letter. One thing that confuses me though. I have Windows 7 home version and it says that you cannot disable user accounts. Only delete them. I've tried installing and running program with the guest account; as administrator, not as the administrator. I have disabled Norton anti virus and firewall. I am now going on 30 hours of trying to get this up and running. I have compared all my settings to the DCS A-10 which I can fly without any problem. I had purchased the A-10 version from the very first days it was available in the beta version and followed and installed it every step of the way. SO, WHY is this program DIFFERENT than your A-10 version?

AM I the only one in the universe that can't get this working? I've installed the newest beta version, and feel like I have followed the instructions to the letter. One thing that confuses me though. I have Windows 7 home version and it says that you cannot disable user accounts. Only delete them. I've tried installing and running program with the guest account; as administrator, not as the administrator. I have disabled Norton anti virus and firewall. I am now going on 30 hours of trying to get this up and running. I have compared all my settings to the DCS A-10 which I can fly without any problem. I had purchased the A-10 version from the very first days it was available in the beta version and followed and installed it every step of the way. SO, WHY is this program DIFFERENT than your A-10 version?

When I get stuck, I contact DCS/ED direct to here:

http://support.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

They are busy. Give them a few days to answer.

I ran a maintenance department in a little factory, one time, late in my career. If I got stuck on fixing machinery, especially electronics, I would look for components not made by the original manufacturer as to a name or address, model#, etc. I always got good results actually talking to the engineers that designed the components. I'd get voltages or amperage readings to test for, etc.

Same with DCS.

You also might PM one of the testers or DCS employees, like EtherealN. I think he is a forum moderator. He might miss your posts. PM him.

Did you uninstall the 1st Beta? There is a readme file buried in there somewhere as just how to do it.

Did you run the DCS World .exe file first that loads the 3 .bin files?

I made sure that ran OK. Then I ran the P-51 .exe file.

I download either using a http or ftp USA mirror. I do not drop my firewall or antivirus. I would rather play it safe than take a chance infecting my system. The 5 downloads took me about 6 hours each time. Out of my Firefox Download stash I input the files in consecutive order in a My Documents folder. I found no need to rename them.

My gaming machine I just use the Windows freebie antivirus and firewall and a couple anti-malware utilities.

Norton is a bear. I have it on my other computers at home. You really never turn it off. But it is the best I have used. But not for gaming.

My best computer guru buddy is the guy that oversees all the PCs at my local public library. He used to talk the geek language and I said, "Huh?" Over time I actually know the lingo now and we can talk PC stuff for hours. I built a PC 2 years ago from scratch, not from a kit. And I can now ask him questions that even stump him. I have never had any of my PCs to a shop in the 6 years of Internet access or my Commodore 64 or my IBM 386. But I sure get stumped for a few days trying to make logical moves.

Google is also very helpful as is all the forums of various subjects. Usually any problem you encounter, somebody else has, too.

I am not really that good. There are kids here that are 45 years younger than me that probably know more than I do. When I was in school, the only computer we had was a slide rule.

Maybe you can tell me why when I setup my Track IR5 my frame rates are below 10. It runs just fine in the other sim I play.

Edited by ErichVon

I certainly would not go that far.;)

Ever drop everything and go inside the router and drop the DMZ and connect direct? Maybe I am just lucky.

I killed 3 hard drives starting out. But I fixed it myself.

Instead of the expense of college courses, I bought me my 1st Internet ready PC and taught myself in 2004. You bet a lot of mistakes learning. I built the next one. And what this Alienware cost I should have built another one. Well, I can modify it. I will not buy another brand name machine.