Mavs and Markpoints

Shootist

I've got multi bomb releases and markpoints down fine but have been asking around about the proper method of doing the same with mavs. I am assuming this would only work for stationary targets as markpoints don't follow targets, right?

Asus P8P67Pro, Intel i7, 8gb DDR3, OCZ Vertex3, 120gb SSD, GForce GTX 560, Cooler Master GX850, Win 7, Logi X 3D Pro.

Yes, a mark point can't follow a vehicle, it is stationary. And else it is the same like bombs. Use your TGP (or any other sensor) to make mark points.

Set the waypoint dial on the CDU to MISSION.

Make your hud SOI and make your first mark point SPI. Make your mav SOI and then slew it to your SPI, when in range, lock and fire. Use the steer point rocker on the UFC to switch to the next mark, which will become SPI and slew your next mav to it. And so on.

This wasn't a full step by step tutorial, but gives you a little overview what to do. You may want to check Youtube for some good tutorials.

But, when done right, you can easily get 6 mavs in the air in just a few seconds.

But it gets even better, when force correlate mode is used, which allows you to lock sooner, because you don't have to wait until the seeker can lock onto the target. Very handy against Tunguskas and TORs ;).

Hope I was able to help you a little bit.

John

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Thanks, John But, I think it's 'set the waypiont dial on the AAP to MARK' Right?

:)

Edited by Shootist

Asus P8P67Pro, Intel i7, 8gb DDR3, OCZ Vertex3, 120gb SSD, GForce GTX 560, Cooler Master GX850, Win 7, Logi X 3D Pro.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having an issue with the mavs jumping to the next markpoint, they want to stay on the initial SPI even though Mav is SOI and I've incremented MP by the UFC rocker. Does it make a difference if the initial SPI is in point or track mode? . Also to create subsequent markpoints with the TGP, do you have to designate the next point as a new SPI first, the create the markpoint, or is it just aim the TGP and hit markpoint? I've been creating new SPI's then hit Mark, but don't know if that is correct.

I've attached a trk, it's probably not that clear, but after I set the markpoints, the mav was slaved to the last SPI (mkpt B), even though I was set to mkpt A on the Hud). I know I'm doing something wrong.

markpt.trk

Edited by Tailgate

1. when pressing China Hat fwd long = slew ALL sensors to SPI, incl. MAV.

You have to make the Markpoint SPI, first.

2. If you talk about the MK Button on the UFC then no! The MK button creates a MP at the position of your aircraft.

To create a sensor MP you need to place your SPI on the point you want to mark, TGP, TDC (HUD) or TAD cursor. Wherever your SPI is you can create a Markpoint with TMS right short.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I attached a trk to my initial post. Yeah, I'm using TMS Right (on my Ch stick) to create the markpoints. I increment markpoints by the rocker switch on the UFC while Mav is SOI. Mav seems to lock on to last SPI, rather than Mkpoint. The "Slave all" didn't seem to work.

Edited by Tailgate

I attached a trk to my initial post. Yeah, I'm using TMS Right (on my Ch stick) to create the markpoints. I increment markpoints by the rocker switch on the UFC while Mav is SOI. Mav seems to lock on to last SPI, rather than Mkpoint.

Yes, that is what it does after it is slew'd to the SPI the MAV and TGP follow the SPI not the MP. You need to move the SPI to the Markpoints.

Markpoint tutorial by fish:

and the part 2 about handling targets and markpoints on the TAD:

Ah, forgot: you can slew SPI to steerpoint (markpoints) with TMS down long(!)

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Ok, just verified in the sim. So the whole sequence to change focus from one markpoint to another:

• create markpoints (A,B,C,...) slew TGP and TMS right short
  • switch to MARK with UFC 'FUNC' and '8'
  • use STEER rocker up/down to selct a markpoint (say A)
  • set markpoint as SPI (assuming your SPI is not markpoint A, already) TMS down long - watch for the SPI line moving to the markpoint box
  • switch to MAV as SOI, now slew all sensors to SPI (TGP and MAV!) with China Hat fwd long
  • with MAV as SOI lock target at markpoint with TMS up short
  • RIFLE!!!
  • switch markpoint STEER rocker
  • set markpoint as SPI TMS down long
  • slew sensors to SPI China hat fwd long
  • lock
  • RIFLE
  • rinse and repeat... :D

Shagrat

In broad daylight I prefer the 'optical' AGM-65H for the force correlate feature.

With the TGP and a precise target position you may launch as early as 9.6 mi out. Altitude is of the essence the higher the far out you may launch.

Found they are quite accurate.

Against 2S6 or OSA-8 you play deadly SEAD :music_whistling:

but SA-11, SA-6, or evenSA-3 is a "no"... SA-3 and SA-11 wait until you are far enough in their engagement zone. You may defeat the first, but No.2 is right at your a#*§ most of the time. :D

Shagrat

• 2 months later...
The trick is to bind the ufc steerpoint up and down to your keyboard (or stick)[/Quote]

DMS Fwd/Aft with HOTAS Warthog with HUD as SOI.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

....tried it a couple of times but most of the times I get lost between soi's and you can abort your attack.

Very true! I remember starting to test the A-10 and was convinced that I just did not have enough fingers/hands to do the job properly :D

Good job on the tutorial - always works a treat. Here's another vid I did illustrating the effect downrange: Nowhere to run and nowhere to hide, especially when units attempt to evade once the first Mav strikes :gun_rifle:

KEFQAk1aS50

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Given the time spent setting up the markpoints, is that any better than the TGP->TMS Fwd Long->Coolie Right->China Hat Fwd Long->TMS Fwd Short and repeat method. Marginally I guess but given there are only six missiles max. so there is plenty of time anyway.

Good tutorial on markpoints though.

Edited by marcos