1.1.2.1 standalone patch ??

Euan3251

Does anybody know if this will be coming out soon or whether everything in the future is going to be through DCS word so i can stop waiting for it ??

Sorry sure this has been asked somewhere before ......

(old school but prefer the standalone as cant be bothered to change all keys and mappings and settings etc .. yet again)

Correct. The next A-10C patch will be the released version of what is in beta now. Standalone A-10C and BS2 stops at v1.1.1.1.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Edit - can't believe! Just nipping two time at the coffee and you will get "Norrised" by two posters!:) Don't you have better things to do?! :D We really need this function: Double posts would save me sometimes a lot of time!

----------------------------------------------------------------

You must be more clearly what you mean with "Stand alone patch"...

But I think I got your point:

DCS:World is actually stand alone. And all upcoming modules will be integrated.

1.1.2.1. = for DCS:World

There will never be a "stand alone" module again in the future.

Think about FSX.

You also don't want a complete 7gb installation just for one air plane - or would you?!

Here is the official posting that should sum it up for you:

Sticky: What is DCS World?

...old school or not ,

The world keeps spinning anyway.;)

Edited by PeterP

Okay, gotta eventually tellya what's on my mind.

The latest patch for the standalone was released december 2011, right? Quite a looo-oooong time ago, actually.

It has its confirmed bugs.

The DCS World A-10C Module has its confirmed bugs as well. So, we are kinda between the bugs ATM. Please don't get me wrong! DCS A-10C is a pretty amazing sim. Actually the best! And this forum is one of the best ever! And I don't wanna sound like a whinin' biatch, BUT, it would have been nice to get a patch for v1.1.1.1.

Sorry, and I also don't wannabe/sound like a nerdy wisecracker:

And I don't wanna sound like a whinin' biatch, BUT,....
:D but YOU actually do right now!

Do you really think that it's a good idea to through out several patches for the same thing?

This to:

-have a even longer development time

-split the MP-community

-and make everything more complicated?... maybe open up also several sub-forums to get things sorted,because everyone will lost the overview absolutely ...ect...

...,so you are asking for a 1.1.1.2 version instead the 1.1.2.1 ??!!

Sounds like inviting the Marx-Brothers and The Three Stooges to work at the development-office for me...:D

Edited by PeterP

In the defense of the DCS World patch... its a beta, and it can still be installed along-side WH1.1.1.1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

As DCWorld will be the way to go from now on I'm looking for some help with it, try as I might I cant get my Saitek combat rudder pedals sorted out in DCworld - they were fine in a10 with them inverted toe brakes were spot on - I can't get any toe brakes no matter what I try here and can someone tell me where we post missions into as the folder missions doesn't appear to be there. Oh final final question for today ;-) should I install dc world into my programs (x86) folder as it has just gone into the c:\programs folder. Many thanks guys as always.

1)Saitek combat rudder pedals : working okay here

2)S:\Games\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\aircraft-type\Missions

3)It's best to stay away from the programs folder

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

As DCWorld will be the way to go from now on I'm looking for some help with it, try as I might I cant get my Saitek combat rudder pedals sorted out in DCworld - they were fine in a10 with them inverted toe brakes were spot on - I can't get any toe brakes no matter what I try here and can someone tell me where we post missions into as the folder missions doesn't appear to be there. Oh final final question for today ;-) should I install dc world into my programs (x86) folder as it has just gone into the c:\programs folder. Many thanks guys as always.

You probably forgot to activate aministrator in properties.

(x86) is 32 bit, so no, better install it in a new folder.

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

Correct. The next A-10C patch will be the released version of what is in beta now. Standalone A-10C and BS2 stops at v1.1.1.1.

Aint that a bitch.. It strikes chills to my balls that ED will incorporate 3rd party addons to the world system. But be ye warned, ED, I will pay only for correct dynamics, a sh1tload of clickology and switches, a chockful of MFCD-CDU-like-infested-functional-click-click-click-boom! cockpits, and nothing less. I took the plunge with P-51D cuz I mellowed it in, after reading about it, and most importantly, I want to support the next US fixed wing. I take it that 'the next DCS fixed wing is being worked on in parallel' is referring to the 3rd partaaaay! DCS Addons, ya? <- EtherN/GTharos/anybd??

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I will pay only for correct dynamics, a sh1tload of clickology and switches, a chockful of MFCD-CDU-like-infested-functional-click-click-click-boom! cockpits, and nothing less.

+1

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

I take it that 'the next DCS fixed wing is being worked on in parallel' is referring to the 3rd partaaaay! DCS Addons, ya? <- EtherN/GTharos/anybd??
I don't think so. ED will still release flyables (driveables? :D), regardless of any third party efforts. That said, at this point I don't have much faith that (all) third party developers can (or intend to) release addons with the detail and realism which you described. I hope they prove me wrong.

can someone tell me where we post missions into as the folder missions doesn't appear to be there.
User created missions are stored here: C:\Users\YOUR-USER-NAME\Saved Games\DCS\Missions\

As DCWorld will be the way to go from now on I'm looking for some help with it, try as I might I cant get my Saitek combat rudder pedals sorted out in DCworld - they were fine in a10 with them inverted toe brakes were spot on - I can't get any toe brakes no matter what I try

It's best to post this question in the Controller Profiles and Problems section.

3)It's best to stay away from the programs folder
Why?

You probably forgot to activate aministrator in properties.
DCS World itself only writes data to your own Windows profile, where you have full access without having to elevate privileges to administrator level.

(x86) is 32 bit, so no, better install it in a new folder.
Actually this doesn't really matter. Both folders are just ... folders. They have the same access control list as well.

User created missions are stored here: C:\Users\YOUR-USER-NAME\Saved Games\DCS\Missions\

It's best to post this question in the Controller Profiles and Problems section.

Why?

DCS World itself only writes data to your own Windows profile, where you have full access without having to elevate privileges to administrator level.

Actually this doesn't really matter. Both folders are just ... folders. They have the same access control list as well.

Hi thanks for all of that, mission folder location very helpful, I have the tow brakes working now - not sure how I did it !

Re the last ones I have installed as admin however wondered if I should change the location to the c program files (x86) rather tham c program files in order to utilise faster bit or am I talking nonsense?

cheers for the help

so am I right in saying that people are still using dcs a10c without the world patch because this would explain the amount of servers available in dcs world at any one time about only 5......so should i roll back and fly dcs a10c v1.1.1.1 to got more servers?????

surely dcs needs to look into this splitting of the community

surely dcs needs to look into this splitting of the community

There is no splitting since, relatively soon, DCS World will be all there is.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

DCS World is Beta, as is the v1.1.2.1 patch for A-10. When they are released the issue will not exist.

Exactly what do you expect ED to do to resolve this 'issue', aside from completing and releasing the products in question?

if people are still using the DCS A10C standalone with patch v1.1.1.1 then I might roll back as theres only about 5 servers in DCS world surely eagle dynamics should look at that split

Its sort of natural don't you think? A new version of a game is released in a system that does not automatically update everyone to the newest version will always result in split use between the older and newer versions.

So yes players are still using 1.1.1.1 while others are using 1.1.2.1. and some use both. As such it makes sense some players are using the older 1.1.1.1 as DCS World is still considered a beta.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

What split?

DCS:Word and the various modules are still in beta, therefore most MP server hosters and squads have not moved across for what I'd hope would be obvious reasons.

Most of the servers currently hosted using beta software are for the P-51D. Once DCS:World and the various modules are out of beta, server hoisters and squads have completed any testing they decide to do, and the various mods and add ons (such as TARS) are working with the new versions everyone will move over.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

If you have room on your drive keep 1.1.1.1 and 1.1.2.1 installed.

People are having trouble keeping their server visible in the master server list with 1.1.2.1 "beta" that's why you only see a few.

1.1.1.1 is full of servers.

BB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ASUS Rampage II Extreme, i7 930@4.2GHz, Water cooled, 6GB G.Skill Trident DDR3 1600, RevoDrive3 X2 240GB, ATI 7970, Antek 1000w, Sony 46", HP TouchScreen, Helios, TIR 5, TM Warthog, CH Rudder Pedals, Win 7 64.