Do you become part of the ED testers team?

neroroxxx

Hey guys, just curious to know how to sign up for it or how that works, thanks :-)

It's rather like the CIA...they find you. :smilewink:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

you've already asked, that's you ruled out for life

:D

OT: I notice that practically all of the testers seem more knowledgeable than average and some of them even work on jets irl so they know when somethings wrong and can be more critical than people like you and I saying "wow nice job this seems perfect" when it's not.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First to Fight, First to Strike.

Are there any financial incentives?

Nope.

Doing that for nothing sounds like you wouldn't want to ever see the sim and enjoy a game normally after having tested for it.

Voluntary work.

I've done two closed betad of a couple of games and it's no picnic in the park.

Going over the same thing over and over and over again to see if it works... this time.

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Nope...we do it because we're crazy and have no life ;)

You can say that again :D

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Thanks guys, to me its not about money, im a web programmer and i spend a lot of time debugging, i actually enjoy it, thanks for the info :-)

Nero

27" iMac, 3.4GHz i7 Quad Core, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2Gb, Running Bootcamp, Windows 7 Home 64bit, Saitek X-52 Pro

Doing that for nothing sounds like you wouldn't want to ever see the sim and enjoy a game normally after having tested for it.

The game isn't any less enjoyable when finished just because you were involved in Q/A. Quite the opposite actually - you get a sense of ownership because you can look back at specific issues you helped fix (in whatever small fasion, it's still the devs that do the real work). When you purchase a computer game it's a piece of entertainment you bought for money, when you get the game and have been involved with it's development, it's almost yours. It's something you helped create.

I compare this to the work of a construction engineer, and the contruction worker. In this case I am the worker, still proud of the building I helped erect, even if it was the engineer that stood for the "brainpower".

But yes. this definitely requires a specific type of person, someone who enjoys the journey. If a computer game crashes or bugs out and you go "oh what the f***", this is not for you. If a computer game crashes or bugs out and you go "hm, that's interesting", then this is for you.

The problem for ED is that most people who "apply" are not of the second type. Thus, prove yourself first, and get invited after that. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Interesting topic. As for speaking Irish, i do a lot, especially after my 8th or ninth pint, or rather in Australia we call it a Schooner..........hic

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

If a computer game crashes or bugs out and you go "oh what the f***", this is not for you. If a computer game crashes or bugs out and you go "hm, that's interesting", then this is for you.

I'm more like: "hmm.. That's inter-f***ing-esting" :D

Edited by asparagin
Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders