very dumb question: how does JTAC communicate?

Zenga

Gentlemen,

being a fan of DCS:A-10C from day one, I just took my chance and bought the CA-beta. I just had the time to play around 2-3 hours yesterday and went through the (brief) manual beginning to end.

I'm a bit shy to ask, but can anyone tell me idiot how to call the circling Hogs above me when I'm acting as a JTAC and actually lase a target? I have not found any "radio button" or key assignement that let's me communicate with the air assets available. Or do I just have to lase the target and sit and wait until anyone has detected my laser beam and attacks the target (without any communication)? I'm speaking about Single Player here. In my desperate attempts yesterday, I even tried to use the button on the TM Warthog's Throttle that I use there to communicate with anybody when flying the A-10C...

Can anyone help. Or is that functionality simply not yet included in the beta?

Thanks in advance!

Zenga

Player JTAC is an MP only feature. The only way to call in AI air assets is via the F10 radio menu just like before.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

So... not a dumb question actually :-). SP JTAC is on my wishlist!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • RAM 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1600
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

My TM Warthog Profile + Chart, F-15C EM Diagram Generator

many thanks forall the replies! ok, maybe I should think about trying MP once. But I have to wait until mid September. Then, my wife and me will moe into a larger appartment with a room dedicated to nothing else but "Warthoging" :) Then, I won't bother her while yelling at the other guys on the field :music_whistling:

This is me on CA release trying to laser for AI :D

I felt it kinda works but the other way around...they save your target for last, hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY_ccyDM-eY

Then, my wife and me will moe into a larger appartment with a room dedicated to nothing else but "Warthoging" smile.gif Then, I won't bother her while yelling at the other guys on the field music_whistling.gif

Good move! I did the same...specifically looking for one man-cave in addition.

Just don't talk to much about the sim now until u have it or your wife might realize how often she will actually see you or spend time with you :)

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

Ok then, how do you do it in multiplayer?

In theory I should read the manual and be able to understand the use of laser codes, IR Pointer, aiming sights, etc.

After all I could be a tank legend when I kill the lazy.

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.

you laser ur target and read all the data like coordinates (you should see all those in the bino view) and yes you could use the chat.

But usually you are on TS in MP so you just play JTAC yourself...like in real life...its a sim.

You let them know you are there and where. They call you, you tell them.

If that seems too real or too much fun just type the coordinates into a browser text2speach software and play it in TS :D

See it as a plus that we can gain all the same data as the AI now but we don't have to let AI talk anymore.

Now you can clarify to your JTAC that it is a bad idea to drop a mk on a Tunguska though you have MAVs.

Or that a MAV is a nice idea but as you said you only have GBUs

(happened to me all the time when I tried SP once :) )

Edited by Weltensegler

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

-->

yes, well given I understand you right.

The data you get displayed so you are asking if you can give a command that reads this data in an AI voice to the other players, right?

If yes then no :)

But I do agree completely that JTACs should have a way to send/assign tasking!

I haven't searched the forum but I assume ED is working on that.

Shouldn't be hard since you can send those between aircrafts so the code exists basically I guess.

Moments in DCS:

-->

No.. the multiplayers fact is when you enter servers list, it’s divided with locks/passwords and very few people playing it.

I didn’t make the game, I didn’t make philosophy or system.

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.

While we're talking about MP...

Is there a "guide" or somwhat similar about Do's & Dont's for playing (A-10C or CA) MP? What I'm looking for is a set of procedures what to do and how to behave correctly once logged in on any server. Just don't want to mess up any game or be rude due to not following the procedures...

I can imagine it might have to do with what server you connect to.

No.. the multiplayers fact is when you enter servers list, it’s divided with locks/passwords and very few people playing it.

I didn’t make the game, I didn’t make philosophy or system.

Yeah I wasn't talking about you image comment :)

Give it some time right now you have A10C people that didn't set up DCS world correctly yet or missions haven't been re-saved, plugins or server tools not adjusted etc etc. So some try it some stay in 1.1.1.1 for now.

BS pilots stay with either one or even Flaming cliffs...

Its just spreading atm...soon we will be united again :)

While we're talking about MP...

Is there a "guide" or somwhat similar about Do's & Dont's for playing (A-10C or CA) MP? What I'm looking for is a set of procedures what to do and how to behave correctly once logged in on any server. Just don't want to mess up any game or be rude due to not following the procedures...

I can imagine it might have to do with what server you connect to.

people will tell you...or kick you if you start team killing :)

best is to join a TS server (mostly in server description) and say hello. then just fly and listen. Usually nobody is required to communicate if he doesn't want. But you learn a lot by listening to those who do.

Moments in DCS:

-->

Well, I always play with my brother in multiplayer.

We use the Skype to communicate, I pass the coordinates and say which weapon he has to use.

Just us on a server. It would be nice to have some opposite or allied forces controlled by others players. In fact we need another A-10 pilot, because the AI wingmen is so stupid. When a sam fires on him he drop all bombs and missiles.

I have the CA and he has the A-10C. Our missions take at least 3 hours. Sometimes my wife tries to interrupt the action after two hours of mission, so I bought The Sims for her!

The only problem to play with me will be the huge ping that an outsider will have on my server.

When a sam fires on him he drop all bombs and missiles. [/font]

That's not stupid, that's actually one thing the AI does right. ;)

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

That's not stupid, that's actually one thing the AI does right. ;)

Yeah! I hate when they do that. When I need their mavericks, they drop because of a Sa-9. Who wants to live forever? Try to survive! Be more Rambo!!!!

And They have another problem, they have psychic powers! Before take off they know exactly where the enemies are!!! :mad:

:D thats because they have Xray on their TGP and see through buildings!

See this thread with tests I made:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=91212

Moments in DCS:

-->

• 3 weeks later...

controlling ai aircraft

Guys, I have to disagree with whats being posted here.

There are a number of maps with F16's and Predator drones etc, which obviously are not available as modules for purchase.

Plus there are a number aircraft available which would add different tactical capability that if we aren't able to order makes the game useless.

I think we are missing something or the beta does add the capability.

Doesnt seem like much point if the only aircraft that can be directed in combat are the full sims you have to purchase.

Just my two cents worth. :D

Doesnt seem like much point if the only aircraft that can be directed in combat are the full sims you have to purchase.

You don't have to purchase them in order to lase a target for them in multiplayer, do you? Only the fellow flying the A-10 needs to purchase it, not the guy with C.A. lasing the enemy.

You don't have to purchase them in order to lase a target for them in multiplayer, do you? Only the fellow flying the A-10 needs to purchase it, not the guy with C.A. lasing the enemy.

You only need to purchase the aircraft/CA that you wish to fly/drive. I will be able to be directed by a Human JTAC in MP though I don't have CA.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

I guess the point I am making is that there are a crap load of aircraft/helo's in DCS World, and as a commander we should be able to direct them.

I dont want to only direct A10's.....I want to direct B-2 bombers and F-16s and Predator strikes...Spec Ops Teams etc etc.

Think Hawx but with the ability to order infantry to assault a position.

If I have to wait for a mate to fly an A-10, then the CA is going to get really boring....really quick!

AI Pilots etc makes the game more versatile.

Isn't that cooler?

Cheers

Gecks

I guess the point I am making is that there are a crap load of aircraft/helo's in DCS World, and as a commander we should be able to direct them.

I dont want to only direct A10's.....I want to direct B-2 bombers and F-16s and Predator strikes...Spec Ops Teams etc etc.

Think Hawx but with the ability to order infantry to assault a position.

If I have to wait for a mate to fly an A-10, then the CA is going to get really boring....really quick!

AI Pilots etc makes the game more versatile.

Isn't that cooler?

Cheers

Gecks

I agree...

Iam trying to find a way so that the CA on my team, can send coordinates of targets BVR to the Kamov flight group. We are talking MP!

CA call´s out a target coordinate to his team´s helo flight group (via TS or chat), in this case the lead. Now we have the coordinates to that target which brings me to the second handicap... Abris or PVI? With the Abris you could "mark" a target coordinate on the map and move a waypoint in your flightplan to that coordinate (for example), but the flight lead cannot send that info via Data Link to his flight group, thus the rest of the flight group has to enter the coordinates manually! If we do it with the PVI, then you would only have a "steerpoint" to those coordinates with no visual aid as in the Abris and still have no way to send those coordinates via Data Link.

Please advise on how you would get around this and if Iam correct or not.

Good care..

Edited by red2112

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]