Any way of carpet bombing while in CCRP mode?

Kenan

Is there any way of multiple bomb drops while in CCRP mode, without computer stopping the release once the release point has been passed?

I tried it in CCIP mode and it seemed to have worked, I did set the release quantity in the Profile but I still had to hold the pickle button in order for all the bombs to drop.

I was kinda expecting pressing the button once and all the bombs just release simultanously? Or is it not possible over safety issues?

Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

In the DSMS:

Select either ripple single or ripple pairs and enter the desired number of bombs (or pairs) to be dropped in one sequence. Hold down the trigger on release untill the desired number of bombs were released.

Edit.

I should read more carefully.

A possibility is to make several markpoints. Drop your bombs at your Markpoint steerpoints and switch to the next markpoint to drop the next bomb there. This procedure is quite similar to multiple JDAMS in one run.

Edited by TurboHog

'Frett'

Is there any way of multiple bomb drops while in CCRP mode, without computer stopping the release once the release point has been passed?

I tried it in CCIP mode and it seemed to have worked, I did set the release quantity in the Profile but I still had to hold the pickle button in order for all the bombs to drop.

I was kinda expecting pressing the button once and all the bombs just release simultanously? Or is it not possible over safety issues?

Thanks.

its not possible with CCRP. not even to say with GBU-38/31/IAM's.

You best bet would be CCIP mode. However, try coming up slow on the zero release point and hold the tit when you've set RIP PRS to 10. Post vids here of your trials.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

its not possible with CCRP. not even to say with GBU-38/31/IAM's.

You best bet would be CCIP mode. However, try coming up slow on the zero release point and hold the tit when you've set RIP PRS to 10. Post vids here of your trials.

Well it is possible.

But it's a workaround that needs some preparation time. See edit in post #2

'Frett'

I'm confused; "carpet bombing" is laying down a long string of bombs from each aircraft in a formation. If you want to simulate that, then select Ripple Single, set the Quantity as appropriate, and set the desired Spacing. Use CCRP and hold the pickle button until the reticle flashes, indicating the last bomb has been dropped.

It sounds instead like you want to drop all weapons simultaneously, which is something entirely different - and not technically possible. The closest you can get is to select Ripple Pairs, and set the Spacing to the minimum possible value (I don't recall the minimum value off the top of my head). The end result, assuming you make a level delivery, will be that all the bombs will be dropped in less than a second.

It goes without saying that this is an unrealistic procedure insofar as real tactical employment is concerned.

"They've got us surrounded again - those poor bastards!" - Lt. Col. Creighton Abrams

I'm confused; "carpet bombing" is laying down a long string of bombs from each aircraft in a formation. If you want to simulate that, then select Ripple Single, set the Quantity as appropriate, and set the desired Spacing. Use CCRP and hold the pickle button until the reticle flashes, indicating the last bomb has been dropped.

It sounds instead like you want to drop all weapons simultaneously, which is something entirely different - and not technically possible. The closest you can get is to select Ripple Pairs, and set the Spacing to the minimum possible value (I don't recall the minimum value off the top of my head). The end result, assuming you make a level delivery, will be that all the bombs will be dropped in less than a second.

It goes without saying that this is an unrealistic procedure insofar as real tactical employment is concerned.

If that what OP wants, he can do selective jettison with armed ornance. this means selected stations will all be dropped with one pickle.

• Like 1

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Ummm...isn't there a setting to input the separation of bombs in feet when you are rippling? Wouldn't that make the adjustment the OP is looking for? After all, how many bombs can you fit on an A-10 and how far apart can they strike before the attack is ineffective anyway? This isn't a Buff we're flying.

Admittedly, I have little experience with the sim so far and "0" experience in this A-10's cockpit with CCRP mode selected. Just wondering. I'm probably overlooking something obvious. My last experience with CCRP was in Flaming Cliffs.

Rich

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

If that what OP wants, he can do selective jettison with armed ornance. this means selected stations will all be dropped with one pickle.

Nope. You have to hold the pickle button down in SEL JET too, and you're still constrained by the IFFCC minimum intervalometer setting, so it's still a ripple, not all coming off at once.

"They've got us surrounded again - those poor bastards!" - Lt. Col. Creighton Abrams

Ummm...isn't there a setting to input the separation of bombs in feet when you are rippling?

Yes.

Set to Ripple Pairs, with the Ripple interval at 10ft.

After all, how many bombs can you fit on an A-10 and how far apart can they strike before the attack is ineffective anyway?

Herewith quick test with 18 MK-82's - takes about 2-3 seconds to pickle them all:

Mivos.png

EYHvM.png

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Yes.

Herewith quick test with 18 MK-82's - takes about 2-3 seconds to pickle them all:

:) I definitely want more cockpit time! :)

Rich

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

EYHvM.png

*uck me! I gots to try this!! But IRL, I don't think hog warriors are authorized to do so. Unit commander will spank driver till his ass all red!

"WHY'D YA DO THAT??" WHY???

"I , I , I AM SORRY MASTA CHIEF!!"

Yes.

Mivos.png

Tried it this evening. Lost a lot of weight in a hurry! :)

Rich

_____

Tried it this evening. Lost a lot of weight in a hurry! :)

Aye - ain't that the truth :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'