TrackIR 3 (not the Pro version) and LOMAC

Kenan

Hi guys!

I also posted a simmilar topic on our 504th forums, but would like to get your thoughts on this matter too!

I am planning to buy plain TrackIR3 (99$ at Naturalpoint), without Vector expansion addon.

I remind u, I never experienced this kinda technology and lots of people told me it's worth getting.

My key question is:

Will I be happy with it in LOMAC?

Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

If you're serious about flight sims it'll be the best $100 you ever spent. If I hadn't got mine I probably wouldn't be simming. Add a microphone and a voice-activated software program to communicate verbally with wingmen, tower and AWACS and you'll be at a whole new level of immersion.

HEC 435W PSU | ASRock 939Dual SATA2 | AMD64 3700+ | 2G PC3200 DDR RAM

ASUS X1950PRO 256MB | Audigy 2 | Saitek X45 | CH Pro Pedals | Track IR3 Pro

I'd also suggest Vector expansion.. Ok, so far it's limited to zoom only in LockOn, but I think it's worth it. and it will certainly be a great experience in the future. I guess you're not buying it from a local store, so maybe it's better to get it all in one package, rather than two.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Well, I tried to order one from Naturalpoint, but among all those countries, there is no Croatia on the list. This pretty much hampered my plans.

I have no idea where to try to order one..any suggestions?

BTW, Naturalpoint had a pretty decent price (100$)..I'm not sure about European sellers since euro is stronger then dollar.

About that vector expansion thingie: can I zoom in and out without it ie. only with the standard trackIR 3 package? For example, if I lean forward to zoom in my MFD or something like that.

If I'm on runway and I have like 20fps..if I start turning around will I experience delay ie. stutter because of the low framerates (like it usually is the case when using normal POV switch).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

About that vector expansion thingie: can I zoom in and out without it ie. only with the standard trackIR 3 package? For example, if I lean forward to zoom in my MFD or something like that.
Yes. And 1.2 will allow for 6DOF :D

Can't belive how expenisve the VE is though :(

If I'm on runway and I have like 20fps..if I start turning around will I experience delay ie. stutter because of the low framerates (like it usually is the case when using normal POV switch).
I don't have a TrackIR myself but if the "mouse look" is choppy this will be too as TrackIR is just another way of moving the mouse pointer/mouse view.

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

I've got TIR 3 Pro w/ vector expansion. Great investment.

So much easier to hunt helos in the A-10 now.

Zooming in on HUD by leaning into the monitor helps a ton with targeting.

You'll probably want to tweak the settings when you first set it up. For me, the defualt settings were way too sensitive with too small a deadzone in the center. With the default settings, I didn't feel I was in control of it. However, once I went into the settings and reduced the sensitivity (very easy to do), I won't fly LOMAC w/o it.

One tip to vector expansion owners. Since my TIR sits on top of my monitor, I found I couldn't look down at the instruments when wearing the hat. But by wearing the hat with the brim up high (to where I can barely see it), the TIR is now able to tell when I look down and move the display accordingly. So, now I am able to look down at the instruments while in flight.

Again, highly recommended.

Arizona