Ракеты в DCS

Chizh

По второму вопросу, нижнюю границу поражения для ракет:

-  сейчас нет нового автопилота для р-27р/эр, который бы позволял реализовать задуманное - поражение ракетой за пределами нижней границы поражения с какой-то вероятностью и он не в приоритете компании, то правильно бы было временно изменить настройки старого автопилота, путём изменения нижней границы зоны поражения. Соизмеримо проведённым мной тестам, которые показали что вероятность попадания ракеты aim-7m за пределами зоны поражения, на высоте 5 метров и ниже оставляет около 100%. То есть установить нижнюю границу для р-27р/эр 3-5 метров. Тем самым устранить перекос в концептуальных решениях - ракета может поражать цели за пределами нижней границы у синей стороны и не может у красной стороны, что улучшит геймплей в частности и, в целом приблизит моделирование к одним стандартам. 

PS: Сойдёт? Я просто думал тебе нравится веселиться. У тебя же любимая шутка «красных опустили», тоже «Петросяню», в поддержку атмосферности ветки. 😂

Edited by SAB
  • Like 3

• ED Team
26 minutes ago, SAB said:

Там нет вопроса влияет ли высота на ЗРП, как и не было вопроса про ИК сигнатуру, как она формируются и т.п. Это вещи очевидные и пояснения не требуют. 
Нами выявлен, описан и  воспроизведен баг отсутствия ПР при не правильно настроенном барометрическом высотомере. Это происходит при вылете с Тбилиси на побережье, в результате чего на высотах порядка 500м команда ПР на Су-27 не выдаётся. На прототипе такого нет. Указанное негативно влияет на геймплей на Су-27 и на симулятор в целом. 

Спасибо. Да, баг. Записал.

• Like 5

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

2 hours ago, SAB said:

Commensurate with my tests, which showed that the probability of an aim-7m missile hit outside the affected area, at a height of 5 meters and below, is about 100%. That is, to establish a lower limit for p-27r / er 3-5 meters.

That doesn't sound right IMHO, it should do better than 100% outside of miss distance vs a non-maneuvering target.

Thus, to eliminate the bias in conceptual solutions - the missile can hit targets outside the lower boundary at the blue side and cannot at the red side, which will improve the gameplay in particular and, in general, bring the modeling closer to the same standards ... 

Agreed, the main problem for these missiles should be fuze triggering problems (IMHO) which can be resolved in various ways (doppler filter), but guidance should work 'to the floor' as long as there's a reasonable doppler return to filter out the target from the ground. Be it an R-27 or AIM-7, or a HAWK or SA-6/8/11/15, it's not a 50's missile that would get itself lost in the ground clutter - the only safe areas from these missiles should be ' out of sight '' in the notch 'and' too far to reach the target '... low altitude should not be an absolute shelter, missiles from the 60's were already equipped to destroy sea-skimming targets - they may not have been very good at it, but a few decades have passed since then.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

@ Chizh I propose to use the system that you have for increasing miss distance WRT ground clutter to be used vs. a target maneuvering normal to the turning plane. IRL this is caused by something called 'seeker settling' ie. if the seeker has to move fast (and consequently the missile has to move fast) to track the target, the seeker 'vibrates' for a short time, causing an increase in miss distance. This is part of the basis of the 'last ditch evasion' maneuver, which is to put the missile on the 3-9 line, then do an orthogonal roll (pull up / down while keeping the plane on the 3-9 and at the same time keep pointing the wing at the missile. It is a high-g maneuver).

The maneuver does not (And therefore should not in DCS) guarantee a miss, it does not guarantee no damage, but the hope is that the combine efforts from the maneuver and countermeasures will at least put the missile far enough and angled in a way so that when it triggers the proximity fuze it will do minimal damage. 

The basic idea would be to increase miss distance when a significant change is commanded (usually normal to the turn plane) - this would then:

* Immediately increase the miss distance proportional to the amount of g the missile is pulling perpendicular to the current turn plane - it's very important to realize that this is about rate of change, and not an established turn - this is also why it should not be very effective vs a barrel roll where the initial correction is high but after this the required force becomes established

* As the g force stabilizes, so the miss distance should decrease, however the decrease should not be immediate to represent the seeker vibration. We're talking about very short times, on the order of maybe 2 seconds for very old missiles like R-3.

* The maximum miss distance and correction time should be modified by the missile's technology base. The newer the missile, the stronger the servos and filtering algorithms helping to reduce seeker settling. At the point where we're shooting AIM-7s and R-27s seeker settling should be a small but still important factor in a last-ditch maneuver.

I can try to find study papers that talk about this subject - the 2 sec number here is all I remember from when I read them a long time ago.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

7 минут назад, Hoarfrost сказал:

Когда уже ребята исправления будут всех ввявленных? Заждались уже если честно. 

Так если это касалось синих поправели быстро,а так будем опять ждать.

• Like 2

9 часов назад, GGTharos сказал:

That is not true, each 'side', 'blue' and 'red' accuses ED of working faster for the other one.

В чем то ты прав. Но скажи какой уже временной промежуток изменений ракет? Сколько по времени "синие" имеют продутые ракеты, а красные нет. Сколько у аим-120 есть лофт, а у р77 нет. Справедливо? Откатить синие ракеты, ждать изменения красных и только тогда запустить все обновлённые ракеты в игру. Тогда обе стороны будут заинтересованы в скорейших обновлениях, и не будет ни каких споров.

• Like 3

• ED Team
4 minutes ago, Hoarfrost said:

В чем то ты прав. Но скажи какой уже временной промежуток изменений ракет? Сколько по времени "синие" имеют продутые ракеты, а красные нет. Сколько у аим-120 есть лофт, а у р77 нет. Справедливо? Откатить синие ракеты, ждать изменения красных и только тогда запустить все обновлённые ракеты в игру. Тогда обе стороны будут заинтересованы в скорейших обновлениях, и не будет ни каких споров.

Повторюсь. По нашей оценке переход на более продвинутую ФМ ракете Р-27ЭР ничего не добавит. Она и сейчас летает близко к оригиналу. Р-77 вероятно имеет ограничения по дальности не по энергетике, а по точности наведения и возможности захвата цели. Лофт ее не пасет. Она и сейчас летает дальше заявленных в мануалах 50 км.

PS

Недавно мы нашли время посчитать аэродинамику ракет Р-27Р/Т.

Их сопротивление было завышено, уменьшим процентов на 10-20. Будут летать чуть быстрее и дальше.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

Just now, Chizh said:

Повторюсь. По нашей оценке переход на более продвинутую ФМ ракете Р-27ЭР ничего не добавит. Она и сейчас летает близко к оригиналу. Р-77 вероятно имеет ограничения по дальности не по энергетике, а по точности наведения и возможности захвата цели. Лофт ее не пасет. Она и сейчас летает дальше заявленных в мануалах 50 км.

Yeah I mean that doesn't really shock me, from when I did some limited CFD I saw very little difference between current ER and CFD ER.  Like there is some improvement but not a lot.  Biggest difference was with the R/T for me, how are your results for these older missiles looking? Also, question is motor on/motor off drag differences modeled in the new AFM for missiles.

54 минуты назад, Chizh сказал:

Повторюсь. По нашей оценке переход на более продвинутую ФМ ракете Р-27ЭР ничего не добавит. Она и сейчас летает близко к оригиналу.

А кушает энергию на маневрах она близко к оригиналу?

54 минуты назад, Chizh сказал:

Р-77 вероятно имеет ограничения по дальности не по энергетике, а по точности наведения и возможности захвата цели. Лофт ее не пасет. Она и сейчас летает дальше заявленных в мануалах 50 км.

Если она будет летать на ту же дальность, однако при этом существенно вырастет зона гарантированного поражения, то от ее применения появится хоть какой-то смысл

• Thanks 1

3 часа назад, Chizh сказал:

PS

Недавно мы нашли время посчитать аэродинамику ракет Р-27Р/Т.

Их сопротивление было завышено, уменьшим процентов на 10-20. Будут летать чуть быстрее и дальше.

"бинго"  🙂

надеюсь вс еже на 20 ,а не на 10 процентов  😉

это такая мелочь ...

• Like 1

…В бою не бывает чудес…

Мое видео виртуальных полетушек :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWYN_xw4ZJAkJlCPwywW_Lg

9 minutes ago, FAB999 said:

"бинго"  🙂

надеюсь вс еже на 20 ,а не на 10 процентов  😉

это такая мелочь ...

It should be more toward 20 or even a bit more if the 150 m/s fuse is factored in. 

Edited by FoxAlfa
  • Like 1

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

14 часов назад, GGTharos сказал:

low altitude should not be an absolute shelter

Doppler antipode is a good example of a factor creating a random altitude error. Chizh mentioned that new guidance should allow hitting targets on the deck but with a random miss margin. This indeed should take place for all doppler guided missiles from all sides, AA and SAM, but so far Sab's video proves it's absence for blue missiles and that Chizh is likely misinformed of feature's presence in the public build. 

Касаемо продувки, жду больше логику ГСН и СУВ - это качественные изменения а не количественные.

Edited by Кош
  • Like 1

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

6 hours ago, Hoarfrost said:

In something you are right. But tell me, what is the time span of missile changes? How long do the blue missiles have blown missiles, and the red ones do not? How many AIM-120 has a loft, but P77 does not. Is it fair? Roll back the blue missiles, wait for the red ones to change, and only then launch all the updated missiles into the game. Then both sides will be interested in the soonest updates, and there will be no disputes.

The AIM-7/9/120 have received an FM update in terms of the entire FM being changed, it's new.   It's much more detailed compared to old FM.  All other missiles use old FM, but their flight is -similar- to the new one.   The R-27 and R-77s had that FM adjusted to perform more like the new one (in terms of parameters) already, this was talked about on this thread right here.

What's not done is the research to move them to the new FM, which takes a long time but the problems you're probably experiencing don't have a lot to do with the FM.

Adding loft to the R-77 is quite easy in the old FM, but the reason it was not is because it was assumed that this missile had no lofted trajectory - and here I'm telling you about the history of this in DCS, I'm not telling you why it should/should not have it.

On principle I agree that all missiles should be moved to the new FM ASAP, but I guess ED doesn't have dedicated engineers to focus on that and only that - this is not a trivial task.

Adding loft or changing the flight parameters of the old FM (or new) is relatively trivial - it's really easy - but what's not easy is figuring out what they should be changed to, and this is what the CFD research provides.  Likewise moving from old FM -> new FM is also not trivial, there is a significant addition of details in the new FM, especially with the autopilot - it's not just drag/lift.

Now, you could argue that maybe ED should just take the results of CFD from the community until they do their own, since this saves time and advances the state of missiles.  But here you would have to convince ED to create a framework quickly for allowing this to happen.

3 hours ago, Кош said:

Doppler antipode is a good example of a factor creating a random altitude error. Chizh mentioned that new guidance should allow hitting targets on the deck but with a random miss margin. This indeed should take place for all doppler guided missiles from all sides, AA and SAM, but so far Sab's video proves it's absence for blue missiles and that Chizh is likely misinformed of feature's presence in the public build. 

With regards to purging, I expect more of the logic of the GOS and the VCS - these are qualitative changes, not quantitative ones.

Yes, and I responded that this error should be constrained and not be 100% miss, far from it.   Otherwise we continue with the state of things where flying at 3m = immunity from attack.   For some older weapons maybe this is correct, but for newer weapons and especially naval weapons used to defend against missiles this should not be the case.  Certainly some new autopilot/guidance modes would be needed too (missile maintains altitude above ground or sea level or simply keeps the target slightly before the horizon until the seeker deflection rate reaches a certain value)

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
10 hours ago, TotenDead said:

А кушает энергию на маневрах она близко к оригиналу?

Да. Индуктивное сопротивление также считается.

12 часов назад, Chizh сказал:

Хорошо, возможно вы и правы в оценке новой ФМ для р27эр, но исправление ошибок (ОЛС и т.д) добавит заметно качества этой ракете.

Р77 если и не будет летать дальше чем в мануалах, но лететь с высоты и с хорошим качеством наведения и захвата цели, будет другая ракета.

Хотелось бы в ближайшем обновлении исправления ошибки с ОЛС для р27эр, возможно ли это?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chizh said:

I will repeat myself. According to our estimates, the transition to a more advanced FM rocket R-27ER will not add anything. She still flies close to the original. The R-77 probably has range limitations not in terms of energy, but in terms of targeting accuracy and target acquisition capabilities. The loft does not graze her. She still flies further than 50 km stated in the manuals.

PS

We recently found time to calculate the aerodynamics of the R-27R / T missiles.

Their resistance was overestimated, we will decrease by 10-20 percent. They will fly a little faster and further.

50KM what version of DCS are you using, R-77 is best at 15KM if its not chaffed or notched. R-Max?

Edited by Coxy_99

8 minutes ago, Coxy_99 said:

50KM what version of DCS are you using

This version?

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

• ED Team
55 minutes ago, Hoarfrost said:

Хотелось бы в ближайшем обновлении исправления ошибки с ОЛС для р27эр, возможно ли это?

Да, будет изменение работы алгоритма взаимодействия РЛС и ОЛС.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

14 hours ago, Chizh said:

Да, будет изменение работы алгоритма взаимодействия РЛС и ОЛС.

When can we expect to see this change? It is highly appreciated! While still not fixing the individual issues themselfs, it will avoid them under many circumstances and overall improve the R-27 alot!

Regarding the R-77, will it receive loft when it gets the rework or not?

Not sure if usefull information can be extracted from it, but here is some footage from the MiG-29 HDD on the ground, in what I believe is the built in simulation mode for air intercepts. The R-77 is selected, some DLZ can be seen. Engagement parameters seem to be unknown though.

Edited by BlackPixxel