Ракеты в DCS

Chizh

• ED Team
8 hours ago, BlackPixxel said:

In all rear hemisphere cases (1 km, 5 km, 10 km) the DLZ sim shows 15% less than the chart, so we can assume that the DLZ has some extra safety margin.

The "errors" in the hand drawing of the chart can not result in the missiles having consistenty 15% more range in the chart than in the sim, in all three altitudes.

First, it is not. At an altitude of 1 km in the forward hemisphere, the ranges are almost the same. Moreover, in side aspects, the simulator gives a great ranges.
Secondly, the nomogram does not correctly depict the dependence to the rear hemisphere. The curve should enter the abscissa axis along the normal, providing a smooth DLZ contour in the form of an ellipse. There should be no fractures. See red square on the drawing.

Screenshot 2021-06-24 083802.jpg

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

So your saying every DLZ out there for literally every other missile is wrong because its not a perfect ellipse??? Heres 2 examples for the AIM-7

image.png

image.png

(Solid black line is Rmax)

You mean to tell me both the RuAF and the USAF dont know how to draw diagrams for their own militaries?

Edited by dundun92
  • Like 7

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

5 hours ago, Chizh said:

First, it is not. At an altitude of 1 km in the forward hemisphere, the ranges are almost the same. Moreover, in side aspects, the simulator gives a great ranges.
Secondly, the nomogram does not correctly depict the dependence to the rear hemisphere. The curve should enter the abscissa axis along the normal, providing a smooth DLZ contour in the form of an ellipse. There should be no fractures. See red square on the drawing.

Screenshot 2021-06-24 083802.jpg

Don't you read what I am writing??

I am saying 15% less in REAR HEMISHPERE. Which is what the HUD photo was about...

EVERY SINGLE range chart of the russian missiles shows a curve that is not elliptical at the right side. So they are all wrong?

To bad Chizh was not working for Vympel back then, otherwise they would have found this error.

Edited by BlackPixxel
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, dundun92 said:

So your saying every DLZ out there for literally every other missile is wrong because its not a perfect ellipse??? Heres 2 examples for the AIM-7

But if you do the basic math on that range you find that it immediately makes no sense.

9 hours ago, dundun92 said:

You mean to tell me both the RuAF and the USAF dont know how to draw diagrams for their own militaries?

But you should also say what the dashed line is as well ... this is very important wrt this graph, and shows how DLZs can also be inaccurate.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

3 hours ago, GGTharos said:

But you should also say what the dashed line is as well ... this is very important wrt this graph, and shows how DLZs can also be inaccurate.

Dashed line is the F-4 WCS DLZ, so not really relevant, the solid line is the actual kinetic performance

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

It's very relevant.  It's a computed DLZ that doesn't match the physics of the missile.

And everyone here is adamant that the DLZs must be perfect and correct.  We have no data on the actual flight characteristics of the missile itself.  There's only one missile that we have this for, and that's the AIM-9L.

Further, this is the TACMAN for the F-4 - these kinds of graphs for modern weapons, with this kind of detail are nowhere to be found.  The graphs we have from the Su-27 and MiG-29 manuals are great, but not invulnerable to further scrutiny - they're not 'vault' material.

Edited by GGTharos
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• ED Team
13 hours ago, dundun92 said:

image.png

image.png

I did not say that there is an ideal ellipse, on the contrary, there is rather an egg-shaped contour. But note that there are no fractures in your charts and this is correct.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

• ED Team
8 hours ago, BlackPixxel said:

Don't you read what I am writing??

I am saying 15% less in REAR HEMISHPERE. Which is what the HUD photo was about...

EVERY SINGLE range chart of the russian missiles shows a curve that is not elliptical at the right side. So they are all wrong?

To bad Chizh was not working for Vympel back then, otherwise they would have found this error.

What does Vympel have to do with it? We are looking at charts that have obvious errors.
You seem to be trying not to see the obvious.

2 minutes ago, Chizh said:

What does Vympel have to do with it? We are looking at charts that have obvious errors.

Do the R-27R charts have errors?

Speaking of which, can someone re-post the original, "hand drawn" one here?

Edited by Max1mus

Something that keeps coming to mind for me, the chart that keeps getting referenced in terms of the 150m/s needed closure rate being the limiting factor on its R-max circles (probable hand drawn errors aside).  Is it at all confirmed that it does take this into account? Or is it just a raw look at the kinematics?

Currently DCS missiles matches the chart on head-on and fall a bit (10-15%) short on tail-on.

Can we just make sure that charts match or excide the rear aspect shot and give it a rest since we all agree that tail-on is more valid shot?

Edited by FoxAlfa
  • Like 3

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

28 minutes ago, Chizh said:

Every single chart of R-27R, R-27T, R-27ER (both charts) and R-73 has this "error".

So they are all wrong, lol.

Edited by BlackPixxel
  • Like 4

• ED Team
28 minutes ago, BlackPixxel said:

Every single chart of R-27R, R-27T, R-27ER (both charts) and R-73 has this "error".

So they are all wrong, lol.

In other missiles, this fracture is less pronounced.
Yes, this is incorrect diagram contour. It’s strange that you don’t realize it.

38 minutes ago, FoxAlfa said:

Currently DCS missiles matches the chart on head-on and fall a bit (10-15%) short on tail-on.

Because rear-hemisphere chart slightly incorrect. The DLZ simulator produces a more reasonable and smoother curve.

1 hour ago, Max1mus said:

What is the "maximum fighter speed" in this document? I tested at the maximum speed achievable in the MiG-29 with missiles and no fuel tank at 15km of altitude. That was Mach 2.2+. After 40s, the missile was at 1150 m/s, under the red dot even.
2.7_ER_underperform_15000m.trk

Maybe I'm missing something, but if you ran this test at 15000m, then the missile is over-performing.  Unless the red marks are not yours, but, 1150m/s at 40 sec ... is over-performing.  That graph has somewhat suspiciously neat peaks coinciding with nice round numbers as well.  Empirical graphs that I have seen aren't quite that neat, although it really is only the peaks.

In any case, even if you don't know the 'maximum fighter speed' you don't need it:  Use any given speed, check the missile's peak speed and then adjust launch speed up/down until the missile matches the desired peak speed.  Then collect data after motor burn-out.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, Max1mus said:

What is the "maximum fighter speed" in this document? I tested at the maximum speed achievable in the MiG-29 with missiles and no fuel tank at 15km of altitude. That was Mach 2.2+. After 40s, the missile was at 1150 m/s, under the red dot even.
2.7_ER_underperform_15000m.trk
Screenshot 2021-04-12 160258.jpg

@Chizh is this time-speed chart considered to be accurate, reliable information by you/ED?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, GGTharos said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but if you ran this test at 15000m, then the missile is over-performing.  Unless the red marks are not yours, but, 1150m/s at 40 sec ... is over-performing.  That graph has somewhat suspiciously neat peaks coinciding with nice round numbers as well.

Looks like i made a mistake, i mixed up the 15km/20km lines. The red dots are not mine, Chizh posted this a while ago, before the low altitude range reduction and high altitude tange increase in 2.7.

Different question: Since R-27R and R-27ER have nearly identical bodies, should the drag not be almost the same? By my understanding, the recent patch gave R-27R an overall drag reduction where as R-27ER got the drag changes in entirely different areas. Shouldnt the same drag changes be applied to both missiles?

The R-27ER has a diameter change in the middle of its body.  I don't know what the full effect would look like, but 'more drag' is the correct answer.  I just couldn't tell you how much more.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Вопрос. По маневренности Р-77 и аим-120В сейчас одинаковы? Учитывается ли, что решетчатые рули позволяют получать плавное обтекание до углов атаки в 40-50 градусов?

13 часов назад, Chizh сказал:

Because rear-hemisphere chart slightly incorrect. The DLZ simulator produces a more reasonable and smoother curve.

Э э эх, в одно время ,давным давно ,вы мне тут указывали что данные приведенный в книге Федосова есть истина ,а по его данным на высоте у Р-27ЭР МАКСИМАЛЬНАЯ дальность должна быть 40 км в ЗПС !

сейчас вы мне тут приводите график якобы с неправильными кривыми и говорите что он дескать завышен на 15-20% по ЗПС ,то есть в ЗПС на высоте более 10 км для Р-27ЭР уже и дальность в 30 км недосягаема !

? ? ?  

PS 

хотя 27ЭР самая энерговооруженная в своем семействе  😉

• Like 5

…В бою не бывает чудес…

Мое видео виртуальных полетушек :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWYN_xw4ZJAkJlCPwywW_Lg

• ED Team
20 hours ago, GGTharos said:

@Chizh is this time-speed chart considered to be accurate, reliable information by you/ED?

There is no 100% accurate and reliable information. Everything needs to be analyzed and check.