DCS 1.2.1 problem

silverofx441

Ok, what have i done here? I Installed DCS World, KA-50 and A-10 1.2.1 (after uninstalling) and now when i try A-10 i get no cockpit and a/c falling off the sky with gear down and systems off (quick mission, airborne) when i select KA-50, the sim crashes.

Edited by silverofx441

Intel i5 2500K 4.2 Ghz

GTX560 Ti Twin Frozr ii

16 Gb DDR3 RAM

Win 7 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Know what? I don't think i'm doing this properly: I can see the DCS WORLD un-install, and i proceed, but i can't find any un-install for the modules so i assume that by un-installing DCS World alone will un-install the modules. I'm wrong i guess, so where are the un-installe exe. for the modules then?

Intel i5 2500K 4.2 Ghz

GTX560 Ti Twin Frozr ii

16 Gb DDR3 RAM

Win 7 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't think there is an uninstall for the modules. I saw that too in add/remove programs.

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I believe, uninstalling DCS World, does uninstall all installed modules. Only if you will install again, you need to start with DCS World (like 5 GB) and after that all relevant modules. like KA-50 (~320 MB) .... Be careful, since ED website holds several versions of the same modules. For example for BS, there is version for people who had BS1 than updated to BS2 and now they have to use specific module for installing BS2 under DCS Word (it has upd in the name). At the same time there is module for BS2 for people who purchased full BS2 in the past (without BS1). That's different module.

i have the exact same issue as you silvero and got my own post and people are saying unistall the module to me, but from the advice on here to do that i need to remove dcs world entirely and the re-install it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I go by 'Gryphon' on MP. Intel Core i7 9700K OC 5GB. 32GB DDR4 4300Mhz Crucial RGB Ballistix OC. Corsair Hydro Series H100. ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F. EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB OC. * 2 Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500GB. Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA3 FireCuda SSHD. TMaster T.16000m FCS HOTAS. Track IR.

Ok! Following instructions from members here, i manualy removed remaining folders after i un-installed DCS World. There is still quite a bit of stuff left there. Annnnnnnnddddddd: it worked! I re-installed DCS World then KA-50 and A-10 et voila! Got my favorite sim working again!

Tx for everyone's input! Al.

Intel i5 2500K 4.2 Ghz

GTX560 Ti Twin Frozr ii

16 Gb DDR3 RAM

Win 7 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What a crock of crap

Jesus, everything was flying ok, then along came World! installed the first version and A10 P51, no problem. Now along comes World version 2, terrific, installed it, zilch nothing worked, wouldn't even start game.

Ok, so realised should have uninstalled version World 1 first, (though there were no instructions to do so)

Anyway, went ahead and duly installed World 2 to a clean pa:mad:lete, then all my aircraft, so far so good!

First mission in Warthog transparent cockpit, same in all the training missions too.

Tried the P51 , nothing game crashed every time before loading finished.

So far spent about 75 quid on this game and I'm about to go back to Sturmovik 1946, at least it worked!

Well, sounds like the same probs i had: make sure you REALLY deleted ALL remaining files and start from scratch.

And it's worth it, stick with it, any complicated sim is bound to have more complicated issues from time to time. That's why i love forums...

Al.

Intel i5 2500K 4.2 Ghz

GTX560 Ti Twin Frozr ii

16 Gb DDR3 RAM

Win 7 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can keep those.

MSI Z170A Titanium Edition mobo + 6700K CPU

32 GB G.Skill TridentZ memory 3200 MHz

Sandisk Extreme Pro 256 GB SSD

Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB M.2 SSD (3 GB/s) for DCS and +.

HP ZR24W Monitor, EVGA GTX 1080ti FE

Thrustmaster Warthog, MFG CrossWind rudder...

and Oculus Rift CV1.

If you keep the same config files from World v1.2.0 for use with v1.2.1 you will find that some fuctions for the Su-25T and at minimum, the WEP fuction in the Mustang will not be working.

The controller lua files for the current version of World are not 100% compatible.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

OK, so can someone please tell me where all the remaining files are after uninstalling cos my cockpit dissappeared too? Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing has changed. Thanks

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Ok, In your main DCS directory, i mean where your DCS files were installed (mine was on my disc "D") go there and you are going to see a bunch of files still remaining even after you did an un-install. get rid of all that stuff and re-install from scratch. It worked for me.

Al.

Intel i5 2500K 4.2 Ghz

GTX560 Ti Twin Frozr ii

16 Gb DDR3 RAM

Win 7 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The SavedGames folder for your windows account.

C:\Users\XXXXXX\SavedGames\DCS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Well that was a complete waste of time. Deleted everything from Dcs world, started fresh install,

but same problem. Ac-10 will start on runway but the cockpit is still transparent. Trying P51 and Blackshark, the game just says there is a problem and that's all she wrote.

I wish somebody would help me here?

Mike Sorry to hear you are having issues with our favorite sim.

The fact that the cockpit is missing indicates a video error of course, I would make sure all of my Drivers are up to date including MotherBoards BIOS, Video and Sound card.

Check your download to insure it is not corrupt, then install to another location just to rule out the HDD as the culprit in this issue.

What Video card are you using by the by?

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Hey Mike, I'm still in the same boat. I just reinstalled 1.2.0 and the cockpit works fine. It's obvioulsy an issue with 1.2.1 on my part. Even when it instals what appears to be normally and then installing a-10c. I've even bought 2 new sdd's and still get the same issue. All my drivers are up to date too, so god knows whats going on. You had any luck yet?

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

The only module that actually starts and runs Is Black Shark and that's the version where you have to have the original game and buy the upgrade. My graphic card is an Ati radeon Hd 5800 it's old but adequate. Just finished "Tom Clancy's Future soldier" without a single glitch. Also 8 gig ram.

I'm sure that the fault is in a corrupt download but having paid for each module I'm pretty pissed, the game crashes without ever getting to the planes.

Looking at your stats Jesus! with that setup you should be able to fly the computer.

Edited by mikethemadmonk

I'm sure that the fault is in a corrupt download.....

The MD5 checksums are provided for you with every file you download.

Have you checked the files against the MD5 values? A couple of seconds work and it will tell you if your files are corrupt or not.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'