Russian Air Force Photos and Video (NO DISCUSSION)

Flаnker

Artillery vs. Snow - Snow wins :D

Thunderstorm at 1:18

They do the same thing in Alaska. I guess that is a safe way of doing it.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

q349g8LjiA0

Listen to how the 3 Bears set off car-alarms as they pass overhead (2nd pass) - man, I swear your teeth will rattle :megalol:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

^^ is that KH-22's under the T-22M's wings? I thought RuAF retired those? Old pic?

There are new Kh-22M/MA variants with an approximate 600km range. They weigh about 12,000lb in total, the same as a WWII Tall Boy bomb, travel at almost Mach 5 and contain 1000kg of RDX. It's a one hit carrier-killer.

For reference, a free-fall WWII Tall Boy used to go through every deck on Dreadnoughts.

• ED Team
There are new Kh-22M/MA variants with an approximate 600km range. They weigh about 12,000lb in total, the same as a WWII Tall Boy bomb, travel at almost Mach 5 and contain 1000kg of RDX. It's a one hit carrier-killer.

For reference, a free-fall WWII Tall Boy used to go through every deck on Dreadnoughts.

A one hit carrier killer needs a nuclear warhead.

A one hit carrier killer needs a nuclear warhead.

Not necessarily. It depends on the angle and location of impact. If it can be kept to one floodable apartment and the crew are still conscious enough to seal the doors then maybe, but if it strikes mid-bulkhead or at an angle such that it passes through several bulkheads, the ship is gone.

You're underestimating the size of the warhead. 1000kg or 2,205lbs is about 2.4 times the filling weight of a Mk84 2000lb bomb and RDX is about 40% more powerful that the tritonal in Mk-84s. So the blast itself is about 3.3 times that of a Mk84 plus the affect of 12,000lbs travelling at 5000ft/s.

There's a damn good chance that's going to trigger an ammo cache and produce a sh*tload of secondaries, which the carrier simply can't survive. If you think about it there's probably a few hundred aircraft bombs stored on the vessel plus missiles, plus fuel.

The USS Forrestal and the USS Enterprise were almost taken out when a weather cooked Zuni rocket decided it was time to go off. Similarly, a fuel explosion on the USS Kitty Hawk caused it to list.

1-1397.jpg

1-862.jpg

Just because the ship can theoretically take hits to several floodable compartments, it doesn't mean that in practice when everybody is on fire and the ship is beginning to sink and secondaries are going off, that theory will prevail. Even optimistically, highly optimistically, a carrier hit by a Kh-22 will be going home for repairs and most of the aircraft on-board will be inoperable, which is a de facto kill in a war.

Edited by marcos