Blackshark 2 upgrade won't activate

jers

Two possible issues to check out. Wrong module (BS2 full module instead of upgrade?) or you need to download the latest file posted from the DCS website download modules section.

Re-download and install the BS2 upgrade module again. The version that worked for most is now on the website. The filename is

KA-50_bs1update_en_1.2.2.7122_23.exe

LOL with your "legitimate customers being punished" comment. I don't call this punishment I call it "funishment". Also maybe not the best approach for gleaning an answer to your query.;)

Anyway I hope this helps.

Out

Re-downloaded *23 and now it activated. Thanks.

What I meant by saying "Legitimate ...." is that this should never have happened in the first place for those who pay. Testing, testing and more testing, should have been done, before release. The amount of activation issues reported is way too high.

Regards.

CPU: Intel i7 2770k 3.4GHzTB@ 4.3GHz

MB: P8Z77-V LE Z77 Socket 1155

Memory: Corsair 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 2000MHz XMS3

GFX: GeForce GTX 760 2GB

HD: Samsung 850 Pro SSD 256GBx2/830 Pro 128GB/WD1TB-BEx2

PSU: Antec TruePower Trio 800W

Monitor: 2x ASUS VE247 2ms 1920x1680 native

Input: Saitek X52 + Pro Flight Cessna Rudder/Wacom intuos tablet/3D Mouse/TrackIR 5

Sound: Logitech G35 Surround Headphones

A squadmate of mine have had the same issue until yesterday. He just deleted the Black Shark 2 entry in the registry and it was then possible to activate the BS2 upgrade version. (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\Black Shark 2):thumbup:

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

• 4 weeks later...

Blackshark 2 Update Keeps Giving Setup Error

Good Day,

I have installed DCS: World 1.2.2 (English download version), I then installed Pre-purchase "DCS: Combined Arms 1.2.2 (English download beta 2 version), I then Installed DCS: A-10C Warthog 1.2.2 (English download version), I then tried to install DCS: Black Shark 2 Upgrade 1.2.2 (English download version) thinking I had Black Shark installed already. When I went into DCS World, all the activations popped up and worked except for the Black Shark 2 (of course since I then realised I did not have Black shark installed.

I then installed black shark, and activated it. But when I try to run the Black Shark 2 Installer I get a pop up... DCS Black Shark 1 Must be installed and activated!

What should I do.

Thanks!

I was having the same problem at this day, and ruind all my game of DCS. Now I have to install if I can, cause Im having all sort of problems and error just installing. Corrupted files, downloads that I use weeks ago to install the game now they dont work and where downloaded from the torrets.

Got to say what a CRAP systeme for enyoing this sim.

• 2 weeks later...

same problem here, just installed 1.2.2 and now cant get BS2 to activate.

I deleted the reg keys for BS2 but now I get the error telling me my serial number is wrong.. pasted straight from DCS order history.. ridiculous.

edit: got it working...

Edited by spikenet

Hi

I ve DCS Black Shark on Steam and I ve installed DCS Workd english version

I ve bought DCS black Shark 2 upgrade english §19.99 and im my profile / payements

I ve the download link for the DCS BLACK SHARK 2 1111 Russian !!!

Then I ve download the english version 267 mo and I ve installed but my serial don t work !!!

What s the link and version work with my serial ?

ref Transaction number TXNRI92WSCWDLCR9XA

Thanks for reply

i7 2600K @4.4 Ghz | ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE GEN3 |CLUD 3D 6970 |CORSAIR DOMINATOR 16 GB | CORSAIR H80 |CORSAIR TX850 | CORSAIR CARBIDE 500 R | CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1500 | CORSAIR M 60| TRACKIR 5 | X52 |LOGITECH G15 | ASUS VS 248 H |CORSAIR SSD 120 GB |BARRACUDA 2 TO |W 7/64|

Folks, please, that's not very funny ... within BS1 and FC2 I am now down to 5 or 3 left activations, because I had these on 2 older PC systems before and even for my newest DCS products A10 and BS2 I lost 4 A10/BS2 activations instead of only 2 for installing on my new rig! That only because of the updating problems with the new DCS World version not accepting the BS2 activation. If these problems persist with every new update / module-patch /etc. not only me but most of your customers will run out of activations through this process... you really should do something ... I never have seen such a bad activation system so far!

All the modules other than bs1 will auto replenish an activation one month after you use your last so no need to worry about that.

As for bs1 you can submit a support ticket and get a new serial in the event you run out.

As for the activation issue I can't really help other than redownloading the newest file. Or a full reinstall. I'm not at my PC right now but does the bs2 activation window let you deactivate or is the option grayed out? Not sure if I helped at all as I didn't run into any issues. Here's what I did.

1. Install and activate bs1 to directory other than "program files" or "program files(x86). I've seen a few posts where dcs products do all sorts of crazy stuff in the program files folder. Ie. C:\gamrs\dcs

2. Install and activate dcs:world again c:\games\dcs

3. Install and activate...one module at a time in any order. I usually start with bs2 that way if I have an error I can fix it and not worry about the other modules.

This is a newer system they are using so there is bound to be some bugs. The old way meant every time an update came out you would have to download the full a10 and bs2. So give them time. Hope this helped and good luck.

Edited by pacotito

Pacotito

I7-5820k@4.5 Z99 extreme4 16gb ddr4

520gb ssd. Gigabyte ssc GTX960 SSC 4gb

two tickets at the support .... I send a request at Paypal

i7 2600K @4.4 Ghz | ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE GEN3 |CLUD 3D 6970 |CORSAIR DOMINATOR 16 GB | CORSAIR H80 |CORSAIR TX850 | CORSAIR CARBIDE 500 R | CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1500 | CORSAIR M 60| TRACKIR 5 | X52 |LOGITECH G15 | ASUS VS 248 H |CORSAIR SSD 120 GB |BARRACUDA 2 TO |W 7/64|

What s the link and version work with my serial ?

This is the correct download: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?scr=product&ProductId=13&end_pos=136&lang=en

NOTE the file name: KA-50_bs1update_en_1.2.2.7570_69.exe

If your install file was named anything else (for example KA-50_release_en_1.2.2.7570_69.exe), then you downloaded the wrong file. In this case, simply remove the .\DCS World\Mods\Aircrafts\Ka-50\ folder, and then download and install the file linked above.

Upgrade serial numbers only work with upgrade version, because upgrade version needs to also check for Black Shark 1 install.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Guys, if you need your support ticket looked at ahead of the queue, you need to give me your ticket numbers. Either in a post here, or through a PM. I can then look at it and escalate it if necessary - or simply (hopefully) give you assistance here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

This is the correct download: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?scr=product&ProductId=13&end_pos=136&lang=en

NOTE the file name: KA-50_bs1update_en_1.2.2.7570_69.exe

If your install file was named anything else (for example KA-50_release_en_1.2.2.7570_69.exe), then you downloaded the wrong file. In this case, simply remove the .\DCS World\Mods\Aircrafts\Ka-50\ folder, and then download and install the file linked above.

Upgrade serial numbers only work with upgrade version, because upgrade version needs to also check for Black Shark 1 install.

I ve already make this !!!

I ve DCS BS1 on Steam and DCS world

I ran BS1 on steam quick mission and leave

I ran DCS World and select BS2 and this don t want to activate

What s the problem ? very very crap activation

They re many people who the same problem with this upgrade !!!

mini_822299error.png

mini_404912Launcher2012123012491411.png

• 4 weeks later...

As mentioned, can you give me your ticket number(s)? Without them there is unfortunately no way for me to know what you have already tried.

You can try running this: http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=74421&d=1354408106

However, without being able to check your ticket, I cannot be certain whether this will help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• 4 weeks later...

Same for me, I bought Black Shark 1 (download) and the Black Shark 2 upgrade and I can't get either one to activate. I get the message "Unable to connect to the activation server. Check your Internet connection and try again." The Star Force method of activation doesn't work either, it says the website is down.

Ticket submitted, #19508, but I haven't heard anything back yet.

I'll admit it, I downloaded the cracked versions of Ka-50 Black Shark and A-10C to test them (no demos available as far as I know) and it's really, really frustrating when it's so much easier (as in, effortless) to get those pirated versions running than it is to use the legitimate paid versions of these sims. I've now spent hours trying to get my paid version of Black Shark running and if it isn't sorted out soon I'm just going to charge back my credit card purchases for Black Shark 1 and 2 and use the pirated versions, which work flawlessly.

DCS, I want to give you my money for these sims! Please find some way to make it easier for your paying customers to activate your products, this is ridiculous.

BS2 wont activate after 123 update

I have the same problem. My hardware code is the same for all modules and all activate properly. But BS2 refuses and says there is a problem with my hardware code. It also errors when I try to deactivate it. Stuck now after being a very loyal ED customer.

Any ideas where I go now? I have registered it with ED support.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TrubshawRN -=SHREK 94=-

Last time around that error was produced when trying to activate the upgrade version while accidentally having downloaded the full version files. Make sure you download bs2 upgrade specifically. (Just in case)

I have the same problem. My hardware code is the same for all modules and all activate properly. But BS2 refuses and says there is a problem with my hardware code. It also errors when I try to deactivate it. Stuck now after being a very loyal ED customer.

Any ideas where I go now? I have registered it with ED support.

I7920/12GBDDR3/ASUS P6T DELUXE V2/MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G /WIN 10 Ultimate/TM HOTAS WARTHOG

Last time around that error was produced when trying to activate the upgrade version while accidentally having downloaded the full version files. Make sure you download bs2 upgrade specifically. (Just in case)

Hi folks,

unfortunately my problem persists.

Situation:

* own BS1 for years (boxed, German version)

* bought BS2 upgrade (English download) when DCS:World was released

=> AFAIK it worked

* after an update of DCS:World (don´t remember which one) I got the $-sign back at the World main menue

With the release of 1.2.3 I tried to get BS working again.

Measures:

* installed of BS2 1.2.3. (English download, required BS1 installed, no prob)

* when starting an mission with the shark I get the hardware-code message.

There is no work-around for me. My S/N is valid (can check at DCS orders page) and visisting this activation page didn´t help either.

Re-installing BS1 doesn´t help, too.

Regards,

H-A

• 1 month later...

No solution yet to this issue? I wrote a ticket a couple of days ago, 21583.

Having BS from Steam I cant install BS2 1.2.4, I am selecting upgrade with international code.

HotalAlpha, This solves the installation or the activation problem?