Major FFB Issue?

No.

I told you that the issue is being attended to. Be patient.

I also told you to be courteus and constructive with any future commentary you might have on the subject, this obviously applying to ALL participants to this discussion.

I've been patient for over a month now, and still I am.

Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz OC 4.9 GHz

8,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 686MHz (9-9-9-24)

ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 (LGA1155)

GeForce GTX 780

Creative Sound Blaster Z

Logitech Proteus Core Mouse

Logitech G19S

Logitech G940 (heavily modded)

Thrustmaster MFCD-Bevels

1 x Samsung T27B300

2 x ASUS VW224

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not an employee and neither are the testers. AFAIK at least one tester has a G940.

Which leads me to the next couple of question.

How is it possible, if at least one Tester has a G940, that this obvious bug has slipped through QM?

Where can I volunteer as beta-tester?

GeForce GTX 780

Creative Sound Blaster Z

Logitech G19S

Thrustmaster MFCD-Bevels

1 x Samsung T27B300

2 x ASUS VW224

/OT posts removed.

I've been patient for over a month now, and still I am.

Then why the need for all the posts/discussion? We as testers are doing all we can to 'hurry' things along. The content of some of the preceding posts are definitely not facilitating proceedings.

How is it possible, if at least one Tester has a G940, that this obvious bug has slipped through QM?

How is this relevant? Stay on topic please.

Where can I volunteer as beta-tester?

You cannot.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

/OT posts removed.

Then why the need for all the posts/discussion? We as testers are doing all we can to 'hurry' things along. The content of some of the preceding posts are definitely not facilitating proceedings.

For over a month now I'm not able to play DCS in a proper way I used to. In every little update since the jump from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 there was no fix for this special problem. Instead FC3 saw the light of day. Then I saw some videos of some new features in CA, and still no word from a fix for the G940-FFB bug. At least the Changelog for 1.2.3 and still no word of a fix. OK, the changelog is subject to change.

Tell me one thing, if you bought a TV set a few months ago and after a firmware update only the speakers on the left side are working, how long would you be patient?

GeForce GTX 780

Creative Sound Blaster Z

Logitech G19S

Thrustmaster MFCD-Bevels

1 x Samsung T27B300

2 x ASUS VW224

For over a month now I'm not able to play DCS in a proper way I used to. In every little update since the jump from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 there was no fix for this special problem. Instead FC3 saw the light of day. Then I saw some videos of some new features in CA, and still no word from a fix for the G940-FFB bug. At least the Changelog for 1.2.3 and still no word of a fix. OK, the changelog is subject to change.

Yes, and you have mentioned this over and over and over again. There comes a point where this repeating the same story over and over and over again ceases to be reasonable: We have now reached that point.

Again, I will refer you to rule 1.10 which specifically states:

Additionally, to bring up a particular issue repeatedly after it has already been Acknowledged Will be considered "trolling" - in such cases a Warning will be issued to the Author and the post Will be removed.

Now I know you can understand this - kindly adhere to it. I have also repeatedly stated that the issue is being attended to.

Belaboring the point further WILL NOT hurry the matter along.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tell me one thing, if you bought a TV set a few months ago and after a firmware update only the speakers on the left side are working, how long would you be patient?

A TV has only one set of speakers to support, not quite comparable to the periphery situation.

What do you expect to come of this? We can tell the devs what to do as little as you can. They are in it for their livelihood and they make the calls on what gets fixed and what needs to wait to be able to stay in business. I'm sorry, but the way this is going, you are driving this thread into a lock. So one last time, please be patient.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Yes, and you have mentioned this over and over and over again. There comes a point where this repeating the same story over and over and over again ceases to be reasonable: We have now reached that point.

Again, I will refer you to rule 1.10 which specifically states:

Now I know you can understand this - kindly adhere to it. I have also repeatedly stated that the issue is being attended to.

Belaboring the point further WILL NOT hurry the matter along.

You might call me a troll,

but I'm still a customer.

One last word:

If I brake something, I'll fix it, ASAP!!

Bye

You might close this topic, nuff said!!

GeForce GTX 780

Creative Sound Blaster Z

Logitech G19S

Thrustmaster MFCD-Bevels

1 x Samsung T27B300

2 x ASUS VW224

You might close this topic, nuff said!!

No, as your participation to the thread is seemingly at an end, we will leave the thread as is for now for others who are willing and able to contribute in a constructive and courteous manner.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ensi Ferrum

How is this relevant? Stay on topic please.

I'm sorry to stir the pot here, but I think Ensi Ferrum's quoted paragraph is very relevant and definitely on topic; - such a huge bug slipping into final version, just show sloppy and careless QM. You can't argue that, can you?

G940 is not some obscure hardware - it's made by one of the biggest names in global IT industry and it's owned by great number of loyal ED customers.

Just admit the blunder and say "sorry guys, *hit happens, we are working on it and will take measures necessary to avoid such things in the future ... bla, bla ...", it will leave much better impression of ED customer support/team. ;)

Cheers!

Edited by danilop

I'm sorry to stir the pot here...

Then why do so even after I requested not to?

......but I think Ensi Ferrum's quoted paragraph is very relevant and definitely on topic...

Questioning and belittling TFC/ED QM is neither on-topic nor relevant to this discussion.

This is a Bugs and Problems thread where matters are identified, reported, acknowledged and attended to, with progress reports provided if/when relevant.

Now I will make this very clear as all previous attempts have seemingly fallen on selectively deaf ears: The next OT post WILL see this thread locked.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm very disappointed. the problem has been here too long for us G940 users.

+1

OK, just to say it in my native language:

"Du hasch Recht, und I' mei' Ruh'"!!

+1

Thats accidentally my native language too and can be 100% agreed in this context. I really hope that this all do not ends up in a kind of "developer´s perpetu mobile farce" in prevaricationing.

You might call me a troll,

but I'm still a customer.

Customer support is everything in this "hard" times. Thats all i have to say to this.

so far

\,,/

forever

I'm sorry to stir the pot here, but I think Ensi Ferrum's quoted paragraph is very relevant and definitely on topic; - such a huge bug slipping into final version, just show sloppy and careless QM. You can't argue that, can you?

G940 is not some obscure hardware - it's made by one of the biggest names in global IT industry and it's owned by great number of loyal ED customers.

Just admit the blunder and say "sorry guys, *hit happens, we are working on it and will take measures necessary to avoid such things in the future ... bla, bla ...", it will leave much better impression of ED customer support/team. ;)

Cheers!

+1

+1

I cant play anymore since I'm one of the G940 users affected with this and simply put I won't buy anything more until it's fixed. It is as simple as that! If I can't use it I won't but I will not spend more money either.

In retrospect it was, perhaps, a mistake to buy the Logitech set but it is done and in the past.

I have it and I will not buy another HOTAS since I don't wan't to spend that kind of money again and thus I hope ED will correct this.

+1

3. We are waiting for more than one month now, and we don't even know if this issue will be fixed in the next version.

We understand what are you saying, Sobek, but am I the only one here who thinks that things like that should not happen to professional software developer?

You are definitely not alone!

P.S.

I´m driving into vacation now and wish you all a merry christmas and happy new year!holiday.gif

Lets hope that some things change in soon future...

Regards

Terrorvogel

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...