zone={
[1]=mist.DBs.unitsByName['inf1'].point,	
[2]=mist.DBs.unitsByName['inf2'].point,
[3]=mist.DBs.unitsByName['inf3'].point,
[4]=mist.DBs.unitsByName['inf4'].point,
	},
flag=5
}

to let a counter start, if the tank unit in the zone.

This work without any problem, but if i move the unit out of the zone, the counter still run!

What must i do, to stop let the flag 5 be true?

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Ok,

this is an help request cause I can't figure out how to script this, even with the help from MIST.

What I want is that a group will stay always on ROE "return fire" + ALARM STATE "green" all the time except when:

1: one particoular flag is on (let's say flag 1000)

2: any enemy air unit is in LOS in a particoular range.

This is to simulate a particoular Air defence system behaviour.

PLAN (WHITOUT SCRIPTING... IMPOSSIBLE FOR MANY GROUPS)

If I use trigger, my plan is:

1. Using MIST LOS function to add value "1" a group specific flag ( i.e. 1078 ) anytime that an enemy aerial unit come inside the "response range".

2. Using a trigger function to turn on ROE + ALARM red at flag 1078 OR 1000 value >0

3. Using a trigger function to decrease by 1 flag 1078 after 180 seconds that the flag is on.

4. Using a trigger function to turn off ROE + ALARM red when flag 1078 OR 1000 is = 0.

(ps. flag 1000 is decreased by another function)

Since I have about 90 ADS group x coalition... And I really need to be able to copy some of those from one mission to another using CTRL+C and CTRL+V command.... Is there a way to work this out by script?

thanks in advance... :(

Edited by chromium
added: "(WHITOUT SCRIPTING... IMPOSSIBLE FOR MANY GROUPS)" cause of misunderstanding issue

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

to let a counter start, if the tank unit in the zone.

This work without any problem, but if i move the unit out of the zone, the counter still run!

What must i do, to stop let the flag 5 be true?

Flagfuncs don't actually set a flag to false if the condition isn't true. For some of them it would be logical to alternate from true to false it would probably be a good idea to add that functionality into it. I *think* a simple modification to the function itself would add this capability. The following suggestion is not an official Mist feature, but just an idea on how to make it work....

Open up Mistv1_1 and go to line 1980 and insert this:

if num_in_zone < req_num then
		trigger.action.setUserFlag(flag, false)
	end

I didn't actually test it, but it should work. If we add in a feature like this in the future, it might require an additional variable to be set or not, as Speed and I would need to discuss the best way of implementing it. :)

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

@chromium

Using triggers isn't really the best way to go about adding in scripted behavior that could be used in multiple missions. You basically need to iterate through every sam site it a mission and then have every sam adhere to the same overal rules for turning their radars on/off or deciding when to go to "fire at will" and "hold fire" ROE types. While its not an example of an IADS, this mission I made can give you some ideas on how to use a script for this purpose. Download this mission: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=102840

Note line 259. I create a table of task types. In the mission different groups have these task names as part of their group name.

Line 875 iterates through all of the groups by name and all of the task names. If a task name is used in a group name it gets various data for each group and task type and it then adds that information to the "task" class that is created at line 354.

I was exactly saying that using trigger could be mad in this situation :), asking some tips to overcome using trigger system.

I'll try to understand what you linked ASAP :)

EDIT:

starting to see that.

First: I could't believe that such thing could be possible. Exteremely interesting.

Second: I really do not understand a single line of the 875 line and below... but it's cause I can't script.

Third: I definitely need to understand and be able to use this way to obtain the IADS net.

Thanks ;)

Edited by chromium

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Player names are not currently accessible at the mission scripting level. It is accessible in the net environment. However I'm not entirely sure what all the steps are to get the mission and net environments talking to one another to output messages like that.

• 4 weeks later...

With the 1.2.4 patch on the horizon I thought I'd give a little status update. After the 1.2.3 patch Speed was set to go afk for a little while. Speed and I had decided to hold the release until he got back because we tend to do a bit of a code review to make sure everything makes sense and we won't have to change the way existing functions work for future releases. Unfortunately he has been AFK a LOT longer than I thought he would be. So I am debating releasing the next version in its current iteration as there are some very useful features that have been added. Suffice to say I won't be releasing it until after the 1.2.4 patch comes out and that I make sure all of the new features are correctly documented.

• 2 weeks later...

Top shelf grimes... sorry I hadn't seen this before. I'm not sure if this is the place to put up some MIST attempts- so I'll do it but if it should be elsewhere please point the way.

I'm trying to set a flag when blue forces breach an exclusion zone... which results in activating AI SAM units in the area. However, I have a number of AI flights that are likely going to encroach on this while performing their tasks, so I'm wanting to take them out of the equation. In using the MIST guide as well as my understanding of the instructions I have come up with the following:

mist.flagFunc.units_in_zones{

units = {'[blue][plane],[blue][helicopter], [-g] Navy Attack (Glory), [-g] Navy CAP (Caper), [-g] Navy CAP (Cryptic), [-g] Navy CAP (Cryptic) #001, [-g] Navy CAP (Cryptic) #002'}

zones = {'Blue exclusion'},

flag = 9000,

req_num = 1,

stopflag = 9001

Am I in the ballpark?

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Each entry needs to be in quotes, but yes.

units = {'[blue][plane]','[blue][helicopter]', '[-g] Navy Attack (Glory)', '[-g] Navy CAP (Caper)', '[-g] Navy CAP (Cryptic)', '[-g] Navy CAP (Cryptic) #001', '[-g] Navy CAP (Cryptic) #002'}

Also Speed is back! So we will be releasing Mist 2.0 sometime soon. He has some functions he wants to add to the new message system first I think.

• Like 1

Hooray! We are saved! You can now get player names of Units.

Release 1.2.4 contains many new SSE additions including....

[i]Unit.getPlayerName()[/i] function

details here...

Full SSE 1.2.4 SSE release log: http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Scripting_Engine_Changelog#Simulator_Scripting_Engine_Changelog_1.2.4_.28DCS:_World_1.2.3_-_1.2.4.29

Is it possible to use one of the MIST DB to populate a msg to all that pulls two client names instead of unit/group names?

Example: John (client) killed Bob (client) with Aim-9.

Player names are not currently accessible at the mission scripting level. It is accessible in the net environment. However I'm not entirely sure what all the steps are to get the mission and net environments talking to one another to output messages like that.

"Snipe"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OS => Win7 64-bit Ultimate | MOBO => ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe | RAM => 8GB | VIDEO CARD => XFX ATI 4850 | CONTROLLER => Saitek X52 | DISPLAY => ASUS 25.5" 1600x1280 | HDD => 150GB WD Raptor (10K RPM)

Is there a MIST equivalent for slmod.units_firing?

Hopefully eventually. Ideally, the game passes the actual weapon object to Lua for each weapon shot event, so that Lua is able to query that object and determine what type of weapon it is. However, last I checked before I had to go away, there were issues with client-fired weapons- the event was giving the incorrect game object for the weapon sometimes, making it impossible to do anything other than detect that the client is firing some weapon. I reported it, but I don't know yet if it was ever fixed.

Edited by Speed

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Hooray! We are saved! You can now get player names of Units.

Release 1.2.4 contains many new SSE additions including....

[i]Unit.getPlayerName()[/i] function

details here...

Full SSE 1.2.4 SSE release log: http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Scripting_Engine_Changelog#Simulator_Scripting_Engine_Changelog_1.2.4_.28DCS:_World_1.2.3_-_1.2.4.29

The most exciting addition, IMO, is the ability to dynamically spawn groups not included in the mission file, see here:

http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Part_1#coalition

Scroll down to coalition.addGroup

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Hopefully eventually. Ideally, the game passes the actual weapon object to Lua for each weapon shot event, so that Lua is able to query that object and determine what type of weapon it is. However, last I checked before I had to go away, there were issues with client-fired weapons- the event was giving the incorrect game object for the weapon sometimes, making it impossible to do anything other than detect that the client is firing some weapon. I reported it, but I don't know yet if it was ever fixed.

^^ Glad you're back @Speed!

With the new

[i]Unit.getAmmo()[/i]

, I supposed you could loop through a list of Units and check Ammo states on a specified time interval.

Obviously not a great solution, but it could get the job done for now.

"Snipe"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OS => Win7 64-bit Ultimate | MOBO => ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe | RAM => 8GB | VIDEO CARD => XFX ATI 4850 | CONTROLLER => Saitek X52 | DISPLAY => ASUS 25.5" 1600x1280 | HDD => 150GB WD Raptor (10K RPM)

Mist is useful because the functions are attached to the mission file and therefore don't require a player to install a separate mod (slmod). There are a few things slmod can do that Mist can't. Notably it is a serverside mod that has quite a few server administration features. So I'd start with Mist. And if the function you need isn't in it, ask if its possible within the scripting engine, and if its not, check if slmod can do it.

...So I'd start with Mist. And if the function you need isn't in it, ask if its possible within the scripting engine, and if its not, check if slmod can do it.

(correct me if I'm wrong @Grimes) You can run both Mist and Slmod.

"Snipe"

Oh yeah, you certainly can. I'm just stating that it is better to use mission scripting for everything that can be done without requiring the end user of a mission to download a separate mod just to play the mission. Any time I use slmod I make sure the mission will work just fine even if slmod isn't installed.

The most exciting addition, IMO, is the ability to dynamically spawn groups not included in the mission file, see here:

http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Part_1#coalition

Scroll down to coalition.addGroup

Btw, heres a working example:

coalition.addGroup(0, Group.Category.GROUND, {
                               ["visible"] = true,
                               ["taskSelected"] = true,
                               ["route"] = 
                               {
                                   ["spans"] = 
                                   {
                                   }, -- end of ["spans"]
                                   ["points"] = 
                                   {
                                       [1] = 
                                       {
                                           ["alt"] = 10,
                                           ["type"] = "Turning Point",
                                           ["ETA"] = 0,
                                           ["alt_type"] = "BARO",
                                           ["formation_template"] = "",
                                           ["y"] = 631114.28571429,
                                           ["x"] = -328142.85714286,
                                           ["ETA_locked"] = true,
                                           ["speed"] = 5.5555555555556,
                                           ["action"] = "Off Road",
                                           ["task"] = 
                                           {
                                               ["id"] = "ComboTask",
                                               ["params"] = 
                                               {
                                                   ["tasks"] = 
                                                   {
                                                   }, -- end of ["tasks"]
                                               }, -- end of ["params"]
                                           }, -- end of ["task"]
                                           ["speed_locked"] = true,
                                       }, -- end of [1]
                                   }, -- end of ["points"]
                               }, -- end of ["route"]
                               ["groupId"] = 1,
                               ["tasks"] = 
                               {
                               }, -- end of ["tasks"]
                               ["hidden"] = false,
                               ["units"] = 
                               {
                                   [1] = 
                                   {
                                       ["y"] = 631114.28571429,
                                       ["type"] = "T-72B",
                                       ["name"] = "Unit #12",
                                       ["unitId"] = 1,
                                       ["heading"] = 0,
                                       ["playerCanDrive"] = true,
                                       ["skill"] = "High",
                                   }, -- end of [1]
                                   [2] = 
                                   {
                                       ["y"] = 631154.28571429,
                                       ["type"] = "T-72B",
                                       ["name"] = "Unit #13",
                                       ["unitId"] = 13,
                                       ["heading"] = 0,
                                       ["skill"] = "High",
                                       ["x"] = -328182.85714286,
                                   }, -- end of [2]
                                   [3] = 
                                   {
                                       ["y"] = 631194.28571429,
                                       ["type"] = "T-72B",
                                       ["name"] = "Unit #14",
                                       ["unitId"] = 14,
                                       ["heading"] = 0,
                                       ["skill"] = "High",
                                       ["x"] = -328222.85714286,
                                   }, -- end of [3]
                                   [4] = 
                                   {
                                       ["y"] = 631134.28571429,
                                       ["type"] = "T-72B",
                                       ["name"] = "Unit #15",
                                       ["unitId"] = 15,
                                       ["heading"] = 0,
                                       ["skill"] = "High",
                                       ["x"] = -328262.85714286,
                                   }, -- end of [4]
                                   [5] = 
                                   {
                                       ["y"] = 631174.28571429,
                                       ["type"] = "ZSU-23-4 Shilka",
                                       ["name"] = "Unit #16",
                                       ["unitId"] = 16,
                                       ["heading"] = 0,
                                       ["skill"] = "High",
                                       ["x"] = -328302.85714286,
                                   }, -- end of [5]
                                   [6] = 
                                   {
                                       ["y"] = 631114.28571429,
                                       ["type"] = "BMP-2",
                                       ["name"] = "Unit #17",
                                       ["unitId"] = 17,
                                       ["heading"] = 0,
                                       ["skill"] = "High",
                                       ["x"] = -328342.85714286,
                                   }, -- end of [6]
                                   [7] = 
                                   {
                                       ["y"] = 631154.28571429,
                                       ["type"] = "BMP-2",
                                       ["name"] = "Unit #18",
                                       ["unitId"] = 18,
                                       ["heading"] = 0,
                                       ["skill"] = "High",
                                       ["x"] = -328382.85714286,
                                   }, -- end of [7]
                                   [8] = 
                                   {
                                       ["y"] = 631194.28571429,
                                       ["type"] = "BMP-2",
                                       ["name"] = "Unit #19",
                                       ["unitId"] = 19,
                                       ["heading"] = 0,
                                       ["skill"] = "High",
                                       ["x"] = -328422.85714286,
                                   }, -- end of [8]
                                   [9] = 
                                   {
                                       ["y"] = 631134.28571429,
                                       ["type"] = "BMP-2",
                                       ["name"] = "Unit #20",
                                       ["unitId"] = 20,
                                       ["heading"] = 0,
                                       ["skill"] = "High",
                                       ["x"] = -328462.85714286,
                                   }, -- end of [9]
                                   [10] = 
                                   {
                                       ["y"] = 631174.28571429,
                                       ["type"] = "MTLB",
                                       ["name"] = "Unit #21",
                                       ["unitId"] = 21,
                                       ["heading"] = 0,
                                       ["skill"] = "High",
                                       ["x"] = -328502.85714286,
                                   }, -- end of [10]
                                   [11] = 
                                   {
                                       ["y"] = 631114.28571429,
                                       ["type"] = "MTLB",
                                       ["name"] = "Unit #22",
                                       ["unitId"] = 22,
                                       ["heading"] = 0,
                                       ["skill"] = "High",
                                       ["x"] = -328542.85714286,
                                   }, -- end of [11]
                               }, -- end of ["units"]
                               ["y"] = 631114.28571429,
                               ["name"] = "New Vehicle Group2",
                               ["start_time"] = 0,
                               ["task"] = "Ground Nothing",
                           })

• Like 1

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Btw, heres a working example:

coalition.addGroup(0, Group.Category.GROUND, {
                               ["visible"] = true,
                               ["taskSelected"] = true,
                               ["route"] = 
                               {
                                   ["spans"] = 
                                   {
                                   }, -- end of ["spans"]
                                   ["points"] = 
                                   {
                                       [1] = 
                                       {
                                           ["alt"] = 10,
                                           ["type"] = "Turning Point",
                                           ["ETA"] = 0,
                                           ["alt_type"] = "BARO",
                                           ["formation_template"] = "",
                                           ["y"] = 631114.28571429,
                                           ["ETA_locked"] = true,
                                           ["speed"] = 5.5555555555556,
                                           ["action"] = "Off Road",
                                           ["task"] = 
                                           {
                                               ["id"] = "ComboTask",
                                               ["params"] = 
                                               {
                                                   ["tasks"] = 
                                                   {
                                                   }, -- end of ["tasks"]
                                               }, -- end of ["params"]
                                           }, -- end of ["task"]
                                           ["speed_locked"] = true,
                                       }, -- end of [1]
                                   }, -- end of ["points"]
                               }, -- end of ["route"]
                               ["groupId"] = 1,
                               ["tasks"] = 
                               {
                               }, -- end of ["tasks"]
                               ["hidden"] = false,
                               ["units"] = 
                               {
                                   [1] = 
                                   {
                                       ["y"] = 631114.28571429,
                                       ["type"] = "T-72B",
                                       ["name"] = "Unit #12",
                                       ["unitId"] = 1,
                                       ["heading"] = 0,
                                       ["skill"] = "High",
                                   }, -- end of [1]
                                   [2] = 
                                   {
                                       ["y"] = 631154.28571429,
                                       ["type"] = "T-72B",
                                       ["name"] = "Unit #13",
                                       ["unitId"] = 13,
                                       ["heading"] = 0,
                                       ["skill"] = "High",
                                       ["x"] = -328182.85714286,
                                   }, -- end of [2]
                                   [3] = 
                                   {
                                       ["y"] = 631194.28571429,
                                       ["type"] = "T-72B",
                                       ["name"] = "Unit #14",
                                       ["unitId"] = 14,
                                       ["heading"] = 0,
                                       ["skill"] = "High",
                                       ["x"] = -328222.85714286,
                                   }, -- end of [3]
                                   [4] = 
                                   {
                                       ["y"] = 631134.28571429,
                                       ["type"] = "T-72B",
                                       ["name"] = "Unit #15",
                                       ["unitId"] = 15,
                                       ["heading"] = 0,
                                       ["skill"] = "High",
                                       ["x"] = -328262.85714286,
                                   }, -- end of [4]
                                   [5] = 
                                   {
                                       ["y"] = 631174.28571429,
                                       ["type"] = "ZSU-23-4 Shilka",
                                       ["name"] = "Unit #16",
                                       ["unitId"] = 16,
                                       ["heading"] = 0,
                                       ["skill"] = "High",
                                       ["x"] = -328302.85714286,
                                   }, -- end of [5]
                                   [6] = 
                                   {
                                       ["y"] = 631114.28571429,
                                       ["type"] = "BMP-2",
                                       ["name"] = "Unit #17",
                                       ["unitId"] = 17,
                                       ["heading"] = 0,
                                       ["skill"] = "High",
                                       ["x"] = -328342.85714286,
                                   }, -- end of [6]
                                   [7] = 
                                   {
                                       ["y"] = 631154.28571429,
                                       ["type"] = "BMP-2",
                                       ["name"] = "Unit #18",
                                       ["unitId"] = 18,
                                       ["heading"] = 0,
                                       ["skill"] = "High",
                                       ["x"] = -328382.85714286,
                                   }, -- end of [7]
                                   [8] = 
                                   {
                                       ["y"] = 631194.28571429,
                                       ["type"] = "BMP-2",
                                       ["name"] = "Unit #19",
                                       ["unitId"] = 19,
                                       ["heading"] = 0,
                                       ["skill"] = "High",
                                       ["x"] = -328422.85714286,
                                   }, -- end of [8]
                                   [9] = 
                                   {
                                       ["y"] = 631134.28571429,
                                       ["type"] = "BMP-2",
                                       ["name"] = "Unit #20",
                                       ["unitId"] = 20,
                                       ["heading"] = 0,
                                       ["skill"] = "High",
                                       ["x"] = -328462.85714286,
                                   }, -- end of [9]
                                   [10] = 
                                   {
                                       ["y"] = 631174.28571429,
                                       ["type"] = "MTLB",
                                       ["name"] = "Unit #21",
                                       ["unitId"] = 21,
                                       ["heading"] = 0,
                                       ["skill"] = "High",
                                       ["x"] = -328502.85714286,
                                   }, -- end of [10]
                                   [11] = 
                                   {
                                       ["y"] = 631114.28571429,
                                       ["type"] = "MTLB",
                                       ["name"] = "Unit #22",
                                       ["unitId"] = 22,
                                       ["heading"] = 0,
                                       ["skill"] = "High",
                                       ["x"] = -328542.85714286,
                                   }, -- end of [11]
                               }, -- end of ["units"]
                               ["y"] = 631114.28571429,
                               ["name"] = "New Vehicle Group2",
                               ["start_time"] = 0,
                               ["task"] = "Ground Nothing",
                           })

OMG! It works as imagined as well!? Sweet!

"Snipe"