Flim's Pit

Flim

Hey ya,

This is my pit progress page and will be updated as I go...

My goal initially was to build a full working A-10 simulator with 5 projectors, but as I the jumped into kickstarter last year with the Oculus rift my plans have changed. After receiving my rift development kit, I realized that even a 5 projector setup could not match the immersion of sitting in full 3d cockpit with 1:1 head-tracking. After testing for a couple months, I now realize the full potential this will bring to simulation and even military training. The rift will enable a low cost fully immersive training for many applications, and so my decision is to build and provide seat and control mount options for simulation and training applications. My setup for the A-10 will consist of the Aces II ejection seat, VRpit center Warthog mod, throttle mount, and mouse keyboard platform on the right side. Also there is rudder floor to mount the pedals and center stick. Later we will add seat feedback shoulder harness that reacts to in game aircraft g-forces. My plan is to develop different seats for my favorite DCS aircraft such as the F-18,f-35, and helicopters. If you are interested in plans or kits, please see our for sell section of the forums. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=108766

A-10 VRPIT

AcesIIA-10VR-1.png

Edited by Flim

• 3 months later...

Okay, I need to start updating this thread...

I have made pretty good progress on my seat and it came out really nice. It still needs the seatpan, limit switches, and arming/emer levers. Lastly it will be painted when most of the pit is finished.

Next I will start on the front console which will consist a 27 inch lcd for most of the gauges. I'll post more soon!

2013-05-11160750.jpg

2013-05-11160825.jpg

• 1 month later...

Here is a new TM stick extension mod with extra spring force to counter the the grip weight. It is made from 3d printed parts along with an aluminum shaft and hardware. It gives the warthog a realistic force/feeling compared to the standard setup.

8194D2F8-D73D-42FF-A3F0-23C7F079E6E1-2831-0000015BDE203580.jpg

3485AC99-CF82-4C13-8AEB-87BAAF70749E-2831-0000015BD2140DB2.jpg

Love what you've done with the stick there Film.

Just out of curiosity what were those connections you used to connect the stick or the thread size, I can not find a definitive answer to this anywhere on the www.

All I found was a link to a Gardenea 5/8 inch metal hose connector which have ordered from the states as it appears here in the UK ours are all metris and that model is not available to us here had to pay $40 for a $11 item.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

The thread is m36x2.. You should have much much easier time at UK than US here...

Thanks for that I found loads now wish I knew this earlier the ones I am finding are supper cheap to.:thumbup:

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

Ya, pain here in the states... Mine uses custom 3d printed parts which work great.

It has taken a while to get the mod to this point...went through a handful of versions until we got it right.

Edited by Flim

Hey ya,

My goal initially was to build a full working A-10 simulator with 5 projectors, but as I the jumped into kickstarter last year with the Oculus rift my plans have changed. After receiving my rift development kit, I realized that even a 5 projector setup could not match the immersion of sitting in full 3d cockpit with 1:1 head-tracking. After testing for a couple months, I now realize the full potential this will bring to simulation and even military training. The rift will enable a low cost fully immersive training for many applications, and so my decision is to build and provide seat and control mount options for simulation and training applications. My setup for the A-10 will consist of the Aces II ejection seat, VRpit center Warthog mod, throttle mount, and mouse keyboard platform on the right side. Also there is rudder floor to mount the pedals and center stick. Later we will add seat feedback shoulder harness that reacts to in game aircraft g-forces. My plan is to develop different seats for my favorite DCS aircraft such as the F-18,f-35, and helicopters. If you are interested in plans or kits, please see our for sell section of the forums. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=108766

This is what my setup will look like very shortly and will post pictures after the paint is dry.

A-10 VRpit

AcesIIA-10VR-1.png

Edited by Flim

We still have a pit option on the table, not sure how we will go about it... meaning plans or outsourcing parts to other members... but here is Flim, Jsteensen, and Gadroc A-10 pit design.

A-10kit1.png

A-10kit2.png

Edited by Flim