Can I be a JTAC in SP

GAJ52

As the title says can I act as a JTAC in single player mode - if so how ?

The manual describes the 'binocular' view but not how to act as a JTAC.

GAJ52

Intel i7-7700K @ 4.60GHz | 32 GB Ram | Win 10 Pro 64 | GTX 1080i 11.00MB | Saitek X52 Pro

As the title says can I act as a JTAC in single player mode - if so how ?

The manual describes the 'binocular' view but not how to act as a JTAC.

You could try reading the combined arms manual, the short cut is put on the start menu under eagle dynamics + dcs world + documentation + Combined Arms Doc

ie.

1 Battlefield Commanders mode has to be enabled in the mission you wish to play, this is done with the mission editor.

2 EAGLE DYNAMICS MISSION EDITOR (ME) CHANGES

To support Combined Arms, the new "Battlefield Commanders" button has been added to the Mission Editor toolbar:

The Battlefield Commanders button opens the Battlefield Commanders panel of the Mission Editor. This panel allows you to set the various roles for the mission.

The mission must have one of these selected to reserve a slot for the player to choose from, (Jtac) if you want so that you can select that role when you run the mission.

3 Save the Mission and Run it.

4 A role Screen will now show, select JTAC

5 Once in the mission, go to map view F10 find a vehicle that allows you to take control of it with ralt-J (usually armed Vehicles, but not sam sites), should be in a gunning view by then and you can then use binocular view to lay smoke, ir, laser, etc.

Cheers, Ian

Edited by MadDog-IC

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Ian

Thanks for your help :)

I have read the manual it says so in the second line of my post. I have also jumped into a Humvee as a JTAC and marked a target with smoke. My problem is that's where the manual ends, how do I tell an aircraft to attack the target I've just marked ?

GAJ52

Intel i7-7700K @ 4.60GHz | 32 GB Ram | Win 10 Pro 64 | GTX 1080i 11.00MB | Saitek X52 Pro

Ian

Thanks for your help :)

I have read the manual it says so in the second line of my post. I have also jumped into a Humvee as a JTAC and marked a target with smoke. My problem is that's where the manual ends, how do I tell an aircraft to attack the target I've just marked ?

Thought the manual stopped very abruptly and seemed incomplete, but as I am very new to CA myself, I can't answer you on that one.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Any possibility of using a downed pilot as JTAC?

I mean...when you eject, you can walk around...

No. That is just an Easter Egg.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

@GAJ52

You can direct AI aircraft using the F10 map if you are in a ground commander or game master slot. You can be in a ground vehicle and switch to the F10 map. AI aircraft do not currently interact using comms with a human JTAC. They don't attack your mark but will attack what you direct them to in the map.

@Kameni

You can't walk around as an ejected pilot acting as a JTAC, but if the mission is set up for it you can enter a ground vehicle through the menu and then act as a JTAC.

Edited by Paganus

@GAJ52

You can't walk around as an ejected pilot acting as a JTAC, but if the mission is set up for it you can enter a ground vehicle through the menu and then act as a JTAC.

But it would be interesting feature :D

Thanks for the info mate :)

Any possibility of using a downed pilot as JTAC?

I mean...when you eject, you can walk around...

no

but you can use your own A10C as a FAC for other planes like your wingman;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

• 3 weeks later...

No, I don't think so.

You can fly your A10 and control units on the F10 map, but since you're in a plane you can't take direct control of a JTAC vehicle to manually target things.

Also, if you give an AI unit setup to be a JTAC an order on the F10 map, it will ignore it's original waypoints and orders and no longer act as an AI JTAC.

@GAJ52

.....AI aircraft do not currently interact using comms with a human JTAC. They don't attack your mark but will attack what you direct them to in the map.

To clarify - it is not possible to have any affect on the AI when acting as a human JTAC in single player mode?

Regards,

Milli

FYI,

If a downed pilot or any other service member begins doing remotely the job of a JTAC its called ECAS (emergency close air support). Essentially the pilot PULLS all the info they need from you to find you! tgts and they will inform the ground force on how to commence tgt procecution.

My CAS (Close air support) JTAC Channel:  RIFLE - YouTube  

RIFLE's Discord:  https://discord.gg/cmDCrr4Z2g  

Publications

JTAC Bible (see/know chapter #5) https://fas.org/irp/doddir/dod/jp3_09_3.pdf

J-FIRE pocket guide (Don't do battle without it!)  BK2 (fas.org)

i do know if you are flying and have a Jtac unit on the ground he will work until you try to move him on the map then you will not be able to speak to him again as a JTAC. Wish we could direct Jtac units from the air =(

...but then it would not be a JTAC anymore. :D

The idea of a JTAC or FAC on the ground is to act as your eyes and control YOU (or better the aircraft) to support the ground forces!

I really would like to see an Airforce pilot "commanding" ground forces around in real live... the pilot "may" give you "information" of enemy movements and "suggest" what he thinks useful to do, but most of the time it is: "Hog 3-1, request immediate strafing run from the NE away from my position. Cleared Hot!" and the pilot should do what he was asked to do, as long as it doesn't go against the ROE.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

...but then it would not be a JTAC anymore. :D

The idea of a JTAC or FAC on the ground is to act as your eyes and control YOU (or better the aircraft) to support the ground forces!

I really would like to see an Airforce pilot "commanding" ground forces around in real live... the pilot "may" give you "information" of enemy movements and "suggest" what he thinks useful to do, but most of the time it is: "Hog 3-1, request immediate strafing run from the NE away from my position. Cleared Hot!" and the pilot should do what he was asked to do, as long as it doesn't go against the ROE.

Well it's not exactly realistic for pilots to command entire battalions from the air but it's still an option on the F10 map.

There should be real radios and frequencies for JATAC and battle commander players. The radio function with different frequencies should also be implemented on ground controlled units. Then we could have TARS for all :D Or ED could implement in-game voice for all radio functions.

Well it's not exactly realistic for pilots to command entire battalions from the air but it's still an option on the F10 map.

You've got a point there...:D So you are basically working in two roles at the same time. Pilot and Ground Force Commander. I would rather like the idea of the JTAC being able to "grab" a CAS plane and command attacks from the bino-view... and radio comms for MP, of course. :thumbup:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I like the helmet fire this would cause pilots with the JTAC yelling for effects while other in the air stack trying to deconflict airspace and not run into each other.

Im all for radio with the jtac

My CAS (Close air support) JTAC Channel:  RIFLE - YouTube  

RIFLE's Discord:  https://discord.gg/cmDCrr4Z2g  

Publications

JTAC Bible (see/know chapter #5) https://fas.org/irp/doddir/dod/jp3_09_3.pdf

J-FIRE pocket guide (Don't do battle without it!)  BK2 (fas.org)